Shoutbox

Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" (/showthread.php?tid=51145)

Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by TheBlasphemer on 09-29-2005 at 06:44 PM

Right, apart from the GUI and some final touches on the code portability, the webcam recording in StuffPlug is done :)
And what better to show off with, than Patchouy's cat!

http://files.stuffplug.com/patch.zip

Zipped, encoded as DivX 5 (ofcourse it also allows you to choose another codec ;))

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by absorbation on 09-29-2005 at 06:48 PM

:O wait i love you

edit: seems a bit spammy in plugins talk anyway looks good to see it in stuffplug :)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-29-2005 at 06:48 PM

Awwwww, how cute!!!

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by zaher1988 on 09-29-2005 at 06:52 PM

OMGSHHHHHHHHHH

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-29-2005 at 06:54 PM

TB, you never cease to amaze me! :D

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 06:57 PM

Very good work TB...hope your wrist is healing well.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by L. Coyote on 09-29-2005 at 06:58 PM

Wow! (Y)

I bet we'll see a lot of exs being pwnd on the net now... :p

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-29-2005 at 07:00 PM

How in the world did you code with a bandaged wrist? :O

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by TheBlasphemer on 09-29-2005 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
How in the world did you code with a bandaged wrist? :O

Single handedly ;)
(and using my pointing finger of my left hand to hold shift every now and then :P)
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-29-2005 at 07:08 PM

WOW :O

YOU ARE THE MAN!! :)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Mike on 09-29-2005 at 07:12 PM

Awww...
Patchou has a very cute cat (@)
He also seems to have a great home, dual monitors and a good camera.

Anyway, great work TB :)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by J-Thread on 09-29-2005 at 08:03 PM

WOW Patchou you've got a nice cat!! :D
And eh TB, nice plugin, good to see there are such great programmers in this world!(Y)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Jimcando on 09-29-2005 at 08:08 PM

awwww
({) (@)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by TazDevil on 09-29-2005 at 09:11 PM

good quality, very good actually

a job well done :)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by psyko on 09-29-2005 at 09:27 PM

It's not that damn hard - all you need is your fingers to type. :|

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ShawnZ on 09-29-2005 at 09:28 PM

patchous cat r hax

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by mwe99 on 09-29-2005 at 09:40 PM

Any idea on a release/beta date TB?

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by linx05 on 09-30-2005 at 04:17 AM

Very smooth. Any chance of a screeny of the GUI? I'd love to see that.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ipab on 09-30-2005 at 04:28 AM

is say great work TB :)

* ipab applauds

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 09-30-2005 at 04:38 AM

kick ass! cant wait to start testing it out :cheesy:

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by CookieRevised on 09-30-2005 at 05:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Right, apart from the GUI and some final touches on the code portability, the webcam recording in StuffPlug is done :)
Any chance in making it also as a seperate plugin (after the new StuffPlug is released)?

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by lordy on 09-30-2005 at 05:48 AM

YAY!! you're the best TB :D

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-30-2005 at 06:03 AM

I wonder if it hurts to code with a broken wrist.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by TheBlasphemer on 09-30-2005 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Any chance in making it also as a seperate plugin (after the new StuffPlug is released)?

No, Not really ;) I need a stuffplug exclusive feature, you'll figure out why later :)

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
I wonder if it hurts to code with a broken wrist.
It doesn't, it's just really frustrating not being able to type at normal speed, or hold keycombos that you're used to ;)
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 09-30-2005 at 12:33 PM

Man, I hope you recover quickly. :)

RE: RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ipab on 10-01-2005 at 03:27 AM

quote:

No, Not really ;) I need a stuffplug exclusive feature, you'll figure out why later :)

this include the handwriting recording feature too?
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by thc2010 on 10-01-2005 at 04:11 AM

thats one ugly cat

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 10-01-2005 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
thats one ugly cat
:O no!! that cat is sooo 1337, look at how he prounces around the plus! workstation like he owns the place! (@)
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by John Anderton on 10-01-2005 at 09:24 AM

w00t TB :bow:

Another great release ;)

So many things that stuffplug can now do :rolleyes:

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by aNILEator on 10-01-2005 at 09:26 AM

does it record audio also?

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 10-01-2005 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly

i read either somewhere on here, or stuffplug forums that it does not record audio, at least not yet lol
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Max on 10-01-2005 at 09:30 AM

Looking good. :)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 10-01-2005 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
Cant wait <3.
Can i assume this will still be illegal, like the other webcam recorder (http://ml20rc.msnfanatic.com/)?
Great work :)

sweet, i didnt know that existed, thx for the link ill have to try that out once i get home (Y)
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by MoRiA on 10-01-2005 at 09:48 AM

Whoa... Nice one :|

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by thc2010 on 10-01-2005 at 02:16 PM

lol

RE: RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by joao267 on 10-01-2005 at 05:09 PM

cool feacturem

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by expert on 10-01-2005 at 05:51 PM

i like the cat and the program :cheesy:

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by J-Thread on 10-01-2005 at 05:59 PM

I only like the cat8-)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by :No-Frost: on 10-01-2005 at 06:28 PM

I can't wait for the next release!!!

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ipab on 10-01-2005 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fukafly

I assume that it is possible, if not tb then im pretty sure that someone is going to release another plugin that will let you record all forms of communication.

(ie. handwriting, audio,video)
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Max on 10-01-2005 at 06:41 PM

From what I have read... It won't be illegal since you shall be recording yourself, not the other third party. But don't quote me on that. ;)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by thc2010 on 10-01-2005 at 06:55 PM

like most people say, its not illegal unless thousands of people are doing it :D

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Eljay on 10-01-2005 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patches
From what I have read... It won't be illegal since you shall be recording yourself, not the other third party. But don't quote me on that. ;)

obviously not he tested it on patchou :/
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by J-Thread on 10-01-2005 at 08:35 PM

Conclusion: What we've got here is an illigal movie of patchou's cat:o

But to be serious, I think it isn't illigal as long as you tell the other person you are recording the video...

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 10-01-2005 at 08:41 PM

ya, maybe there should be a restriction like you can only record the person if they have stuffplug also, just to clear up all legality stuff

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by MoRiA on 10-01-2005 at 08:54 PM

I don't think that there are any legal issues, just moral ones... But then again IANAL...

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by prashker on 10-01-2005 at 09:03 PM

Or maybe when you want to start recording it says in the convo:

Stuffplug Webcam Recorder says: The person whom your sharing webcam with would like to record. Accept (Alt+D) or Decline(Alt+Q)

edit; The Accept and Decline are buttion u can click/

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by mwe99 on 10-01-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Or maybe when you want to start recording it says in the convo:

Stuffplug Webcam Recorder says: The person whom your sharing webcam with would like to record. Accept (Alt+D) or Decline(Alt+Q)

edit; The Accept and Decline are buttion u can click/

And then you get the annoying newb questions like "whats that?" then you end up explaining for hours. If you're gonna record your contact then its just common courtesy to ask them. And if they're so bothered they wouldn't have gone on cam,

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by prashker on 10-01-2005 at 09:09 PM

maybe you could also add a Whats This buttion and then it says

Stuffplug Webcam Recorder: This is a automated program that records the webcam video that you are sending to your contact.

Im not sure its possible but it might work :P

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by King Of Chaos on 10-01-2005 at 10:59 PM

I donno about you all, but I wanna see another video of the cat. :D

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by ~INVASION~ on 10-02-2005 at 12:17 AM

i dont know about you all but i think this thread should be closed :cheesy:

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by MC Inferno on 10-02-2005 at 01:42 AM

ye this thread should be closeed ow, its jus alod of pp,l chattin about da cat

cant wait for it to be released though :D

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by J-Thread on 10-02-2005 at 06:47 AM

Well the thread was about the cat, look at the title;).

About that notification, I think the plugin itself isn't illigal, but it is illigal to use it. So you should let your contact know your recording it yourselves...

RE: RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Max on 10-02-2005 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:

obviously not he tested it on patchou :/

I was just answering a question Lee, ;). Sorry that I got it wrong. :(
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by riahc4 on 10-02-2005 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Same question

Will it be able to record webcam mode or/and video conference?
This is a general question: Why is it illegal to record someones movements yet it isnt to record someones chat?
It makes no sense and I think this ISNT illegal.
TB: Release date?
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by CookieRevised on 10-02-2005 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
This is a general question: Why is it illegal to record someones movements yet it isnt to record someones chat?
It makes no sense and I think this ISNT illegal.
This has been discussed in the past (search forums)...

Logging isn't "illegal" because it is done inside the main program, the program everybody uses and thus that program and its functionalities are the same for everybody.

Recording webcams isn't a standard part of this program and thus the user does not expect to be recorded. If an addon is made which can record webcams it is a big moral issue as not everybody is using the same "total package" and "functionalities" anymore.

The question or remark "yeah, but when you use a chat program or a computer in general you should know everything could be recorded" is not at order here. The user is using a program, a program which does supply logging by default, but not webcam recording. And thus adding such a webcam recording feature could be "dangerous" or against moral in some cases.

Such addons have a very high tendency to be used in the wrong way. They are not illegal on their own, but the use of them can be illegal. Also privacy is an issue here for this very same fact.

But as said, this has all been discussed before on this forum...
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Sunshine on 10-02-2005 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Such addons have a very high tendency to be used in the wrong way. They are not illegal on their own, but the use of them can be illegal. Also privacy is an issue here for this very same fact.
Very much true, the problem with recording webcam basicly is the same as loggin chats....or a picture beeing taken on the streets without you knowing it. It's not "illegal" aslong as you use it for private purposes..the infringing privacy is when you publish/redistribute it without that person agreeing to it.
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by the andyman on 10-02-2005 at 03:18 PM

is it just me who can't play it :$

i tried in windows media, quicktime and realone and none of them can find the right codecs :S

any help please...

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Sunshine on 10-02-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman

i tried in windows media, quicktime and realone and none of them can find the right codecs :S

any help please...
Get the DivX Play bundle at http://www.divx.com
This will install the correct codec to view it, no need to use that specific player after that tho.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Impheatus on 10-03-2005 at 05:31 AM

Well, I think the legal "problem" is already solved with the previously posted idea of auto-sending a message:
"The user is now recording the webcam".
When the other side reads the message, he/she can decide to cancel the session or not.
Not a big deal.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by sock on 10-03-2005 at 01:29 PM

Cool, I've been bugging Shmill to code such a thing for ages. :chrongue:

But why recompress a video stream that is already highly compressed? :^)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by TheBlasphemer on 10-03-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
Cool, I've been bugging Shmill to code such a thing for ages. :chrongue:

But why recompress a video stream that is already highly compressed? :^)

Well, Because for one, the ML20 codec isn't a standard codec, nor is it leglly downloadable :P
Secondly, if you only record part of a webcam stream, you'd need to recompress anyway.
Thirdly, I get the stream uncompressed in stuffplug, and saving uncompressed takes a lot of disk space, so I just added some compression methods :P
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Chris4 on 10-08-2005 at 12:20 PM

I can't play the file...?

It says 'Windows Media Player cannot play this file' ... and does nothing in Winamp ?

Downloaded a program that plays .AVI files called IrfanView, but doesn't play in that either ?

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by CookieRevised on 10-08-2005 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
I can't play the file...?
It says 'Windows Media Player cannot play this file' ... and does nothing in Winamp ?
Downloaded a program that plays .AVI files called IrfanView, but doesn't play in that either ?
The example movie is encoded in DivX 5, as you can read in the first post:
quote:
http://files.stuffplug.com/patch.zip
Zipped, encoded as DivX 5

So you need the DivX codecs, as described by Sunshine earlier:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
any help please...
Get the DivX Play bundle at http://www.divx.com
This will install the correct codec to view it, no need to use that specific player after that tho.

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Raa on 10-08-2005 at 04:11 PM

I like the cat...

I like the idea....

I like the window open notifi... Oh wrong topic, sorry.

I DONT like the idea of a stupid message or request. If you're being chat logged already, then webcam recorded is just another extension of it.

Dont like being recorded on webcam? Dont turn it on, simple.

Whats to stop a person recording webcam using a 3rd party program anyway? I've done it before :)

Anyway, been discussed before. I vote NO warnings. Just click and go!

Sooner it's out, the happier we'll all be :D :yes:
TB : Get that coding arm well soon champ, you're definately doing a great job, keep it up :)

Raa

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by LouA on 10-09-2005 at 11:45 PM

been away for some time but nice cat even thought I don't like them. good luck on update. Maybe you should charge for program to avoid ads but to many againt that I suppose. Waiting for completed update version and will go for it
thankyou for hard work
:)(H)

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by dotNorma on 10-10-2005 at 02:27 AM

quote:
Logging isn't "illegal" because it is done inside the main program, the program everybody uses and thus that program and its functionalities are the same for everybody.

Recording webcams isn't a standard part of this program and thus the user does not expect to be recorded. If an addon is made which can record webcams it is a big moral issue as not everybody is using the same "total package" and "functionalities" anymore.

Well wouldnt that mean Plus! logging was illegal before msn had it?
RE: RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by CookieRevised on 10-10-2005 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
quote:

Well wouldnt that mean Plus! logging was illegal before msn had it?

I never said it was illegal, I said there were some questionable issues with it. But yes, that would have been the same issues...

Also, there is a very small difference between logging text chats (which most people are used to and know can be done easly) and logging webcams (which is very unuseall and not so quickly to be expected).
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by LouA on 10-10-2005 at 12:56 PM

just recently D/L MSN messenger 7.5 which has lots of new features and waiting for the new stuffnplug release to become available with the webcam feature.

The DivX player works great and will give you the codex you need for those that wrote about it

for impatient ppl here, not a developer mostly networking, servers etc at work but we all get to help newbies at one time or other and it goes on. Yup get lots of questions to but not a problem

Thanks for great work patchou

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Cearta on 10-15-2005 at 05:22 PM

Great idea ! Cute cat ! Release soon please !

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by DJKAL on 10-17-2005 at 08:13 PM

love the idea of webcam recording :)
just wondering how its done - through stuffplg NG?
i have the new BETA version installed and running is it on this?

RE: RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by Max on 10-17-2005 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
love the idea of webcam recording :)
just wondering how its done - through stuffplg NG?
i have the new BETA version installed and running is it on this?

Nope - its not in the public beta, I believe.
RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by mwe99 on 10-17-2005 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Nope - its not in the public beta, I believe.

No i can confirm it is NOT available with StuffPlug at present

RE: Patchou says: "this is my cat waiting for me to finish my cereals" by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 07:06 AM

when will it get released - any ides?