Shoutbox

Aganist Racism - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Aganist Racism (/showthread.php?tid=51172)

Aganist Racism by shine on 09-30-2005 at 08:30 AM

This is one of those forwarded email you recieve,, it doesnt matter if it happened or not.. but it is different.. (Y)

A scene also took place on a BA flight between
> Johannesburg and London.
> A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next
> to a black man.
>
> Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air
> Hostess. "Madam, what is
> the matter," the hostess asked. "You obviously do
> not see it then?" she
> responded.
>
> "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree
> to sit next to
> someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an
> alternative seat."
>
> "Be calm please," the hostess replied. "Almost all
> the places on this
> flight are taken. I will go to see if another place
> is available."
>
> The Hostess went away and then came back a few
> minutes later. "Madam,
> just as I thought, there are no other available
> seats in the economy
> class.
>
> I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there
> is one seat in the
> business class.
>
> All the same, we also have one seat in the first
> class. Before the woman
> could say anything, the hostess continued: "It is
> unusual for
> our
> company to permit someone from the economy class to
> sit in the first
> class.
>
> However, given the circumstances, the captain feels
> that it would be
> scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so
> disgusting"
>
> She then turned to the black guy, and said,
> "Therefore, Sir, if you
> would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a
> seat awaits you in
> first class."
>
> At that moment, the other passengers who were
> shocked by what they had
> just witnessed stood up and applauded.
>

RE: Aganist Racism by Ash_ on 09-30-2005 at 08:33 AM

i thought racism was over in this world. i see no point in it.

that was the right thing to do (move the man and not the women (oh god not in a sexist way))

RE: Aganist Racism by -dt- on 09-30-2005 at 09:24 AM

classic , now that would be a kodak moment to see that womans face.

RE: Aganist Racism by Stigmata on 09-30-2005 at 09:30 AM

thats good stuff :)

RE: Aganist Racism by Discrate on 09-30-2005 at 09:37 AM

im not against Racism im not saying im racist but Racism i think is part of what you believe in and its your right to free speech Black people take racism over the top sometimes like if they dont get something there way they always say " youll do that for a white person but now for a black man" many black people say that and onto ther other hand of racism how come we say " you F***** black B*sted"   we can get sued for that but then if a black man says to a white man "you F***** white B*sted" why dont they get sued. My point is im not against racism i think you can express your self anyway.

RE: Aganist Racism by -rafy- on 09-30-2005 at 09:48 AM

We are all inherently racist. It is in our nature.

joelm your point on sueing is most inaccurate. Any individual can inititae legal action within the Civil Law System for anything they like. A white man has every right to sue for damages under anti-discrimination legeslation"if a black man says to a white man "you F***** white B*sted" The same applies for the opposite situation. However like any legal complaint, going to court is one thing, recieveing damages by proving loss is another.

On the freedom of speech issue, i suggest you read Mary McAleese's speech "In the defense of freedom". (She is the President of Ireland)  In the speech she raises the issue of how far is too far, and what limits should be on the freedom of speech to maintain social cohension and harmony.

RE: Aganist Racism by ajay on 09-30-2005 at 10:06 AM

ROFL that women should be kicked :D
good email though (y)

RE: Aganist Racism by L. Coyote on 09-30-2005 at 10:27 AM

Very good. (Y)

It's horrible that racism is still present in many countries...

RE: Aganist Racism by brian on 09-30-2005 at 10:34 AM

I don't know about racism, all I know is I barely see these days.

In my school, black people tell us "Just cause your white!" if we did something bad and got in trouble, but that isn't racism, it's simply a joke.

But, I haven't heared anyone say they are "black" or refer to them by the nword.  I think we can't really do it for them because they were victims, we weren't.

Anyhow, I have alot of black friends and i'm cool with that, they're great guys.

RE: Aganist Racism by azn angel on 09-30-2005 at 11:04 AM

ive been discriminated against heaps of times in many contexts and it pisses me off. there is a reason why it is against the law. it hurts and there is a difference between expressing your opinion and being a dickface. most of the time people are being dickfaces. 99% of the time i mean.

RE: Aganist Racism by qgroessl on 09-30-2005 at 11:55 AM

I had to read the end a couple times to get it...... I'm racist a lot of the time.... but only around some people.... We have illegal mexican immigrants that come up here... they don't speak english, most don't have drivers lisences (and drive anyways), one time they're car got on fire at a gas station, they pushed it down the road about 300 yards, then down a hill toward a lake, and it got stuck by hitting the boardwalk.

What I'm trying to say is... I'm racist for a reason.... I have black, hispanic, any ethnic origin friend... But the ones that do stupid shit like that, I'm racist against.

RE: Aganist Racism by user27089 on 09-30-2005 at 12:25 PM

That is one of the best things that I have ever read, I would do that if I was the hostess, the old woman is a bitch.

RE: Aganist Racism by _Humphreys on 09-30-2005 at 01:06 PM

:lol: Pwned Bitch. :P People shouldn't stand for racism in today's world...the hostess did the right thing.

RE: Aganist Racism by Negro_Joe on 09-30-2005 at 01:11 PM

:lol:
is that true or what...?

anyways yeah good story...racism pisses me off :@

RE: Aganist Racism by Plik on 09-30-2005 at 02:27 PM

lol, she got owned :D
i dont get why people dislike others just because of the colour of their skin, its stupid.

RE: RE: Aganist Racism by -rafy- on 09-30-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
lol, she got owned :D
i dont get why people dislike others just because of the colour of their skin, its stupid.

We are an irrational species.
RE: Aganist Racism by Pr0xY on 09-30-2005 at 05:20 PM

Everyone is raciest. Like the saying "Birds of a feather, flock together."  To many people confuse being raciest with bigotry.

I recently saw a very good movie about racism/bigotry called "Crash".  It REALLY makes you think about the whole subject, and how & why people sometimes act that way.  I suggest all of you view it.  It is rated "R" though, just for language.

RE: Aganist Racism by Negro_Joe on 09-30-2005 at 05:28 PM

oh that film looks really good...i want to see it not at the cinems i dont like seeing dramas at the cinema there not much of a buzz involved...

but anyway the film whats the actual story something to do with a car crash and all these poeple are blaming each other or something...:S

RE: Aganist Racism by Anubis on 09-30-2005 at 05:34 PM

:rofl: funny story

RE: Aganist Racism by Voldemort on 09-30-2005 at 09:54 PM

you are rascist against mexicans :S , qgroessl?

RE: Aganist Racism by Negro_Joe on 09-30-2005 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
I had to read the end a couple times to get it...... I'm racist a lot of the time.... but only around some people.... We have illegal mexican immigrants that come up here... they don't speak english, most don't have drivers lisences (and drive anyways), one time they're car got on fire at a gas station, they pushed it down the road about 300 yards, then down a hill toward a lake, and it got stuck by hitting the boardwalk.

What I'm trying to say is... I'm racist for a reason.... I have black, hispanic, any ethnic origin friend... But the ones that do stupid shit like that, I'm racist against

i dont think thats soemthing to declare informally ..tbh though everyone has some sort of prejudice..some more open about it then others...

RE: Aganist Racism by s7a5 on 10-01-2005 at 07:21 AM

I'm not a racist, i only dislike "certain" individuals..
(A)

RE: Aganist Racism by sn1p3r on 10-02-2005 at 01:19 PM

I am 100% against racism, i thin racism in any shape or form is sad whether you like certain individuals from a certain race or not is beside the point, there is still no need to discriminate against the race as a whole. e.g. the kind of things you hear these days are "All N*ggers are thugs" and "All P*kis eat curry and are terrorists" e.t.c... In every religion, race or culture you will get a few individuals that do bad things, but that does not mean that the race or religion does that as a whole. I've been called a paki so many times it's got to the point where i don't really care and i jus say "Yea i am, what's your point?" People try to make out how racism is almost gone.. but really it's still there but they're trying to hide it.

RE: Aganist Racism by evil_panda on 10-02-2005 at 02:56 PM

I belive that in my case where my granny lives she gets hit and spat on by indian people and this just goes to show that half of the time people think that we are the racist ones when alot of the time its is them that a rasict to us in their country they refere to each other as "paki" but thats okay for them to say it to each other but when we say it to them they think of it as rasicm...when you say you are rasict to someone you need to think carefully wether they are or not because they may have resons for why they feel uncomfortable around people with coloured skin. I personally belive that i am not a rasict and i dont hate all coloured people but i do not like what they do to us as well as what we do to them. Nobody is perfect no matter how good you are:)

RE: RE: Aganist Racism by Jurassic_Ice on 10-03-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
i thought racism was over in this world. i see no point in it.

that was the right thing to do (move the man and not the women (oh god not in a sexist way))

racism is never over, earlier this month in south africa a white man fed a black man to lions, poor guy
RE: Aganist Racism by prashker on 10-03-2005 at 08:26 PM

I am not racist (a) thats all i have to say :D. Although I have been insulted because im a jew :(

RE: Aganist Racism by shine on 10-04-2005 at 02:50 PM

Yes..its your mentality. The way you look at things and how other people/factors influence you.

I was a racist (You cannot call its racism..but a kind) :grin: until I was 15 yrs old :p I hated Pakistanis. Just because they fought war with us, the history, and particularly the propaganda by the politicians and particularly because India kept losing to Pakistan in cricket :grin:

But When finally some light came into my head, I realized they were just human beings like us (A)

RE: Aganist Racism by evil_panda on 10-04-2005 at 04:03 PM

I dont hate all coloured people just the ones that have done harm to me or my family i have lots of coloured freinds. And i get on just as well with them ad i do with white people theres no difference to me just personallity :)

RE: Aganist Racism by Vilkku on 10-04-2005 at 05:20 PM

I recently saw a Louis Theroux documentary on racism in USA. Gwad, stupid ppl.

RE: Aganist Racism by Jurassic_Ice on 10-04-2005 at 06:18 PM

racism will never stop, its continuous, you will always have those idiots that just dont care abotu what other people think or feel. like seriously, what kind of heart does that south african white idiot guy have by feeding a black man to lions?

RE: Aganist Racism by LittleK on 10-04-2005 at 10:08 PM

Yeah, used to be just blacks and asians who were victims of racism mostly... but where i live (Birmingham, Uk) its now cool to in the "D Ghetto" and be mixed race/black, more racism against whites here. People will never learn, its almost like this poem i got forwarded...

-x- Stop Racism -x-

A BLACK MAN WALKS INTO A CAFE EARLY ONE MORNING AND NOTICES HE'S THE ONLY ONE THERE

AS HE SAT DOWN HE NOTICED A WHITE MAN SAT BEHIND HIM, THE WHITE MAN SAID "COLOURED PEOPLE ARN'T ALLOWED IN HERE" .

THE BLACK MAN REPLIED...

"WHEN I WAS BORN I WAS BLACK

WHEN I GREW UP I WAS BLACK

WHEN I'M SICK I'M BLACK

WHEN I GO IN THE SUN I'M BLACK

WHEN I'M COLD I'M BLACK

AND WHEN I DIE I'M BLACK.

BUT YOU SIR...

WHEN YOU WERE BORN YOU WERE PINK

WHEN YOUR'E SICK YOUR'E GREEN

WHEN YOU STAY IN THE SUN YOUR'E RED

WHEN YOUR'E COLD YOU TURN BLUE

AND WHEN YOU DIE YOU TURN "PURPLE."

"AND YET YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME COLOURED"

THE BLACK MAN TURNED BACK AROUND AND THE WHITE MAN WALKED AWAY.

Youd think in 2005, people would have changed, fortunatly 99% of people i know these days arnt racist..

RE: Aganist Racism by SikStyles on 10-04-2005 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
A BLACK MAN WALKS INTO A CAFE EARLY ONE MORNING AND NOTICES HE'S THE ONLY ONE THERE

AS HE SAT DOWN HE NOTICED A WHITE MAN SAT BEHIND HIM, THE WHITE MAN SAID "COLOURED PEOPLE ARN'T ALLOWED IN HERE" .

THE BLACK MAN REPLIED...

"WHEN I WAS BORN I WAS BLACK

WHEN I GREW UP I WAS BLACK

WHEN I'M SICK I'M BLACK

WHEN I GO IN THE SUN I'M BLACK

WHEN I'M COLD I'M BLACKBLACK

AND WHEN I DIE I'M BLACK.

BUT YOU SIR...

WHEN YOU WERE BORN YOU WERE PINK

WHEN YOUR'E SICK YOUR'E GREEN

WHEN YOU STAY IN THE SUN YOUR'E RED

WHEN YOUR'E COLD YOU TURN BLUE

AND WHEN YOU DIE YOU TURN "PURPLE."

"AND YET YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME COLOURED"

THE BLACK MAN TURNED BACK AROUND AND THE WHITE MAN WALKED AWAY.

pwned by the black man! :P

anyhoo, im totally against racisim in any shape, may it be a jew, asian, albino, black, etc its still wrong, but there will always be people who dislike others if they arent the same religion/color/nationality. There is nothing we can do unless people start hurting other for who they are, if they dont and just state their opinion then we cant do anything
RE: Aganist Racism by Purity on 10-05-2005 at 12:28 AM

Grrr... Well what do you expect, us white people are too damn full of
our selves we can't see that everyone for who they are, whether their
white black native or japanese.

RE: Aganist Racism by SikStyles on 10-05-2005 at 01:08 AM

people are full of themselves now, though all this is better than it was back in the days, jews got sent to camps of death, black people into slavery, japanese into camps aswell

RE: Aganist Racism by lordy on 10-05-2005 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
racism is never over, earlier this month in south africa a white man fed a black man to lions, poor guy

i read about that, he also got sentenced to life in prison, thank god!! I have a post in my blog about racism... http://teaspoondiner.thedt.net/blog   that is mainly about christian/muslim recism though, but it can be applied to everything. racism is around because people are afriad of what is different to themselves, or different to what they normally experience. i am 100% unracist, i can't say ive NEVER madea  racism comment or whatever, but now i definately be very careful with what i say. i have black friends, and black people are far more uncommon in australi (where i live anways) than in america.

People are often prejudiced against homosexuals, something i have 0 tolerance for, seeing as though i'm bisexual. i heard a good question once: why is it that people are more comfotable with seeing two men walking down the street holding guns than seeing two men walking down the street holding hands.

i asked this to my friend once, and he said it was because violence as been around for millenia, since the beginning of human civilisation, and homosexuality is something that has only recently been brought into the spotlight... hopefully one day people will accept it for a fact of life, homosexuals dont choose to be homosexual, it's just something that happens, research has shown that there is indeed something different in their braind chemically while they are developing in the womb, so it's not a choice, it's biological.

sorry about the long post :P i think ima turn this into a blog entry :P it's a good one
RE: Aganist Racism by ShawnZ on 10-05-2005 at 03:01 AM

Here is the reason we have racism. Don't laugh at this or be bias because you're so 'anti-racism'. If a bunch of people with BRIGHT GREEN skin suddently appeared from an island in antartica, PEOPLE WOULD BE GOD DAMN SCARED OF THEM. Same for when black people came to america. (Note this means black people would be just as scared of white people, but thats beside the point atm since it was black people who came to america after it was mostly clamed by white people)

quote:
Originally posted by brian
In my school, black people tell us "Just cause your white!" if we did something bad and got in trouble, but that isn't racism, it's simply a joke.

Like how my black friend always says 'Its cause im black isnt it!' when a teacher gives him detention =p
RE: Aganist Racism by Chrono on 10-05-2005 at 04:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
i thought racism was over in this world.
hahaha
you are kidding... right? :undecided:

RE: Aganist Racism by shine on 10-06-2005 at 09:58 AM

[offtopic] Hi chrono! after a long time :tongue: [/offtopic]

Racism will stay until we have a common enemy (may be even them some will carry on with it)

RE: Aganist Racism by sena on 10-08-2005 at 11:03 AM

haha nice :P