Shoutbox

Slight grammatical problem with changelog - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Slight grammatical problem with changelog (/showthread.php?tid=51210)

Slight grammatical problem with changelog by haydos on 10-01-2005 at 03:32 AM

This appears in the changelog notes about the setup screen revamp

quote:
Originally posted by Changelog
The third screen of the setup now displays the new Messenger Plus! terms of use. Every user must accept them before proceeding with the installation. This way, the overall setup looks much more "standard". I know there will be a period of adaptation for every people to understand that the last page of the setup now displays a license agreement for Messenger Plus! itself and not its sponsor but that's a problem I'm willing to assume.

"every people" - This should be everybody

"that's a problem I'm willing to assume" - I think this last line has got to be reworked, it's understandable but it isn't grammatically correct.

I know these are just tiny details but it's always nice to see the changelog looking as professional as it can
RE: Slight grammatical problem with changelog by -rafy- on 10-01-2005 at 04:12 AM

There is nothing incorrect with "that's a problem I'm willing to assume."

RE: Slight grammatical problem with changelog by Leif on 10-01-2005 at 06:38 AM

Can you really assume a problem? Sounds very weird to me! I assume that the writer of that particular sentence had something else in mind.

RE: Slight grammatical problem with changelog by multimillion2k on 10-01-2005 at 07:08 AM

I think Patchou did it on purpose, to remind us that he's still french - which is a much better language. (I like Audrey Tautou)