Shoutbox

Can't Login to Windows XP [Solved] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can't Login to Windows XP [Solved] (/showthread.php?tid=51230)

Can't Login to Windows XP [Solved] by fishybobbins on 10-01-2005 at 10:17 AM

When I Turn on my computer everything happens as normal until after the window xp loading screen.  After this has finished the screen goes blank (blue/black colour) and I can't do anything.  However, when i boot up in safe mode it works.  I have tried system restore but it still does it.  Whats going on??

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by Eljay on 10-01-2005 at 10:25 AM

any programs (e.g. style xp) that change your logon screen?

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by fishybobbins on 10-01-2005 at 10:27 AM

No.  I never install any programs that edit windows - don't trust them.

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by M73A on 10-01-2005 at 10:27 AM

personally... i'd be backing up all of my important stuff before trying to fix it ...(may get worse?)

did you install any hardware or software recently?

did you change anything in the registry or any other settings which may have an undesired effect?

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by Eljay on 10-01-2005 at 10:28 AM

maybe a driver update then? try reinstalling your video drivers from safe mode

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by zach on 10-01-2005 at 10:30 AM

Yeah, try and think what you did just before it stopped working. Have you tried logging in even though you can't see anything? Like try to click your account and type the password if you have one.

Try having a look for the problem on the microsoft site. Here's one that I found.

RE: Can't Login to Windows XP by fishybobbins on 10-01-2005 at 11:19 AM

The only thing I've recently installed is Norton Anti-Virus 2006 (beta).  I'm pretty sure it isn't the drivers as it works in safe mode.  I am currently running a virus scan on Avast.  I hope that has a good result. :S

Edit: I inserted my windows CD and tried to repair it.  It worked and the only thing i need to do is download some programs that were deleted for some reason.