Shoutbox

Finding a full msn address with part of it? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Finding a full msn address with part of it? (/showthread.php?tid=51241)

Finding a full msn address with part of it? by ImmyG on 10-01-2005 at 03:25 PM

Is there any way to find a hotmail email address with only part of it??
someone gave me an address and i think i must have written in down wrong, if i've only got a section of it which i know is right, anyone know anywhere i can look for the full version of it?

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by qgroessl on 10-01-2005 at 03:37 PM

I don't think there is such a thing.... I mean... it'd be really awesome to have! But then a lot of people would get access to peoples email addresses and that could be bad... also if MSN and Hotmail would be to add this, some searches could slow the servers so much it wouldn't be funny.

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by ImmyG on 10-01-2005 at 04:29 PM

:S

msn sould do it, im sure thousands of people have lost/forgotten email addresses before!

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by -rafy- on 10-01-2005 at 04:35 PM

Privacy issues would prevent MS wanting to do it, let along trying to do such a thing

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by albert on 10-01-2005 at 04:54 PM

try this:

http://members.msn.com/

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by ImmyG on 10-01-2005 at 08:10 PM

yer ive been on that b4 but it doesn't actually let you look through some type of alphabetical list etc...

RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by qgroessl on 10-01-2005 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ImmyG
yer ive been on that b4 but it doesn't actually let you look through some type of alphabetical list etc...

Like I mentioned before... all this would do is let people get whoevers email address they wanted... like pick one out of a list and just add it...

The main problem is with peadophiles and things like that....
RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by DragonX on 10-01-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Like I mentioned before... all this would do is let people get whoevers email address they wanted... like pick one out of a list and just add it...

The main problem is with peadophiles and things like that....
True but it could work a lil like ICQ or Y!, search for someone, request to be added by sending a lil msg explaining how u found them or if u know them and whatnot, and in the end, the user could accept or reject the add request
RE: Finding a full msn address with part of it? by ImmyG on 10-05-2005 at 06:39 PM

it'd b heavy!