Shoutbox

not logging nicks and PSMs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: not logging nicks and PSMs (/showthread.php?tid=51250)

not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-01-2005 at 07:29 PM

As the title says, Plus doesn't log nicks and PSMs changes anymore.
It worked well before, after upgrading to 3.60 (mess edition), but since 1/10 at 00:00 (since the start of the currect month) it stopped working.
I checked the log file and the last nick changed event was less than 10 minutes b4 midnight (30/9 at 23:54), but since than there weren't any more nick changed events, although some contacts (and me) changed their nicks.
I played a little with MSNM b4 (installing build 306, patching, etc.), but it kept logging after this, until October.
When I tried to change my nick today the MSNM crashed, I think it might be because of Plus!.

some more info:
MSNM 7.5.0306 HE
Plus! 3.60.144 mess edition
Phoenix 2.01 (since it should log nick changes I think it might have something to do with it)

I know it had problems b4 with logging in 7.5 but it was fixed in the last release, did build 306 recreate the problem?

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by qgroessl on 10-01-2005 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
Phoenix 2.01 (since it should log nick changes I think it might have something to do with it)

I think that's your problem... I love the pheonix plug-in... but it always crashes my messenger when I change my MSN name... even if I have the logging turned off.... So I was forced to uninstall.
RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-02-2005 at 02:38 PM

dunno, why should it do problems just because it's a new month?
anyway just got a nice "contact changed his/her display name" alert so it's working again now, strange...
But if it works, well, just hope it will stay that way :D

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by CookieRevised on 10-02-2005 at 02:58 PM

There were problems with the MSN Messenger network today and yesterday (1 october). This might have been one of the many flukes...

My fluke was that I couldn't change my status anymore. Other problems that have been reported where incorrect statusses of your contacts (appearing offline while they were online), etc...

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by evil_panda on 10-02-2005 at 03:19 PM

I have this problem too i just noticed...thanks for pointing it out :)

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-03-2005 at 10:55 AM

Argh, bug returned...
I changed my nick and seen the Phoenix "nick logged" msg (MSNM didn't crashed), checked the event log and nothing, no logging.
I tried to diasble phoenix and restart MSNM, changed my nick but it didn't logged it.

UPDATE: enabled Phoenix, restarted and it's working. strange...

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-11-2005 at 06:05 PM

Plus 3.61.145, phoenix is disabled for few days now and still.
It seems like it's once working once not, usually restarting MSNM solves this prob but it's annoying...
Any ideas y it happens?

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by Patchou on 10-12-2005 at 05:15 PM

I'm not sure but I could have an idea.. are you using any kind of firewall (and if so, which one?).

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-12-2005 at 08:10 PM

I use Norton Internet Security's firewall.

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-19-2005 at 10:19 AM

any news?

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by DAZA+ on 10-19-2005 at 10:57 AM

This happens to me aswell!!

I've had the same bluddy name all month!

RE: RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-19-2005 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DAZA+
This happens to me aswell!!

I've had the same bluddy name all month!

restarting MSNM seems to update plus's nicks db.
it also fix the "not logging" problem, but it's annoying to load, close and reload MSNM everytime...
RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 10-23-2005 at 04:29 PM

ok, seems like I'm not gonna get an answer, but just wanted to say one more thing:
Just wondering, y does Music Logger Plus log when Plus! logging for PSMs doesn't work?
Songs played r PSMs after all (though they might work someway different, dunno :^))

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by matty on 10-23-2005 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
ok, seems like I'm not gonna get an answer, but just wanted to say one more thing:
Just wondering, y does Music Logger Plus log when Plus! logging for PSMs doesn't work?
Songs played r PSMs after all (though they might work someway different, dunno :^))
Because the two programs are made differently. Music Logger Plus uses packet sniffing for UBX messages. Plus! doesn't.
RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by Patchou on 10-24-2005 at 04:02 PM

Your firewall may be the one responsible. In any case, I'd like to check it out to be certain. Please email me at mplus@patchou.com and we'll work on that together.

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by taz030485 on 10-31-2005 at 12:18 AM

I updated to msn messenger 7.5.0311 from 7.5.0299 and name changes are not being logged in the event log, they were previously, I have not changed any plugins or anything and I don't have phoenix:S

Edit: It's working now, I have no idea what the problem was.

RE: not logging nicks and PSMs by The_Joker on 11-01-2005 at 04:12 PM

lol, I've seen the new reply exactly after I found out that MSNM didn't logged it with the new av/firewall...
Signing out & in again fixes the problem though (better than quit and reopen MSNM).
So, it isn't the firewall, or maybe NIS (or as I cal it NIV - Norton Is the Virus) isn't the only one that causes the problem.

Patchou, I sent u an email but u never answered...
Now I have a new firewall, and it seems to work better.
Tested it only 4-5 times, and it worked everytime except one, that makes it 75%~80% working rather than 50% :D