Shoutbox

subtle intergration? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: subtle intergration? (/showthread.php?tid=51270)

subtle intergration? by imarubberducky on 10-02-2005 at 09:01 AM

Im a returning user to msgplus. I used it when it was version 3, but found it unnecessary and kind of annoying. But now the feature ive always wanted after i started using firefox - tabbed chat - is avaliable with msgplus! so you've converted me back.

However i still don't like msgplus invading my msn.

For example, msgplus adds the "Messenger Plus! Extras" context menu into the main window, couldnt this be renamed "More Options" or something, or maybe an option to remove this menu.

Same goes with the personalised status, which i don't use either, could that menu be disabled when you have no extra status?

Im not trying to be insulting, tabbed chat, contact renaming and boss protection are all features i use and love, and i thank you for spending ur time making these features avaliable. But i don't want all these plus! signs and menus throught my msn.

RE: subtle intergration? by Tochjo on 10-02-2005 at 09:08 AM

There is a registry option, ImprovePopupMenus, that will prevent adding the Messenger Plus! menus when set to false. It seems that this is what you're after ;)

quote:
Originally posted by imarubberducky
Im not trying to be insulting, tabbed chat, contact renaming and boss protection are all features i use and love, and i thank you for spending ur time making these features avaliable. But i don't want all these plus! signs and menus throught my msn.
Patchou realises that and therefore he has added a lot of registry options to disable or change these little things. At http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php you can find a list of them and a little program to change them if you're not comfortable enough editing the registry manually :)

RE: subtle intergration? by imarubberducky on 10-02-2005 at 09:19 AM

thanx 4 replying

ive just tried installing th Msgplus tweak tool and it says:

"Run-time error '339': Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid."

Any reason why it does this

RE: subtle intergration? by Tochjo on 10-02-2005 at 09:47 AM

Make sure you have the file comctl32.ocx present on your system.
Download it here and put it in the same folder :)

RE: subtle intergration? by imarubberducky on 10-02-2005 at 10:55 AM

cheers

just one more question. Is there anyway to disable the config wizard each time a new user signs in?

RE: subtle intergration? by Tochjo on 10-02-2005 at 11:10 AM

No, you cannot disable that wizard. Patchou himself wrote

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The reason why you can't disable the wizard is that thisway, your friends have the possibility to disable the logging feature and some other stuff you may have enabled. That's a security features :).
More information: Default settings to all new accounts :)
RE: subtle intergration? by imarubberducky on 10-02-2005 at 11:19 AM

meh, kind of annoying but fair enough i suppose. However a note to Patchou if he reads this: maybe a better security feature would be to disable chat logging by default.

Anyway thanks for your help. My MSNs much cleaner now. :)