Shoutbox

scrolling back in message? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: scrolling back in message? (/showthread.php?tid=51273)

scrolling back in message? by Dragunov on 10-02-2005 at 10:21 AM

Hey

when I wanna scroll back in message to check something, it goes always down immediately, even when the person is not sending anything, very annoying, is this a bug?

And another time, it went always up :S

Greetz

Dragunov

RE: scrolling back in message? by -rafy- on 10-02-2005 at 10:38 AM

yeh as far as i know, most people have this problem.

RE: scrolling back in message? by Dragunov on 10-02-2005 at 10:41 AM

in the past, this was not a problem, just of course when somebody told me something, then I went automatically down (normal of course), but now I wanna see somebody but I cannot get up anymore, damned

Greetz

Dragunov

RE: scrolling back in message? by Lieter on 10-02-2005 at 12:05 PM

click in the sent and rcvd window and then scroll up.. it doesnt auto scrolldown for me

RE: scrolling back in message? by CookieRevised on 10-02-2005 at 01:09 PM

This auto-scrolling annoyence has always been present in MSN Messenger and many people have requested that this should be fixed (like it is in mIRC)...

This scrolling to the bottom kicks in when something is updated in the window. And it only scrolls down to the place where your cursor is (this useually means all the way down).

To prevent the window from scrolling (or at least scrolling all the way down), you scroll up to the point you wanna re-read/copy/whatever and click on it so the cursor is on that line. Whenever the window wants to scroll, it only scrolls to the cursor...