Shoutbox

New Internet Browser! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: New Internet Browser! (/showthread.php?tid=51282)

New Internet Browser! by Nathan on 10-02-2005 at 12:34 PM

I was reading a magazine and they've said this new browser is better than firefox!

Y dont you have alook at it?

deepnetexplorer.com

RE: New Internet Browser! by Eljay on 10-02-2005 at 12:43 PM

its no more than a IE shell with a news reader and gnutella shoved in

and this made me laugh from the bbc thing they linked to

quote:
So we chose IE's render engine for two simple reasons. One: it is more compatible with most websites than Firefox; and secondly, we always believed IE's engine was secure, although it has security problems it was secure.
:rofl:
RE: New Internet Browser! by -dt- on 10-02-2005 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
they've said this new browser is better than firefox!
meh it sucks , this browser shell is even worse than those other IE shells.
RE: New Internet Browser! by Millenium_edition on 10-02-2005 at 01:01 PM

and why would it be better? because it has a p2p client? HAHA!

RE: New Internet Browser! by linx05 on 10-02-2005 at 02:03 PM

It isn't new. Read the change log and you can see it has been around for a little while.

I think the main reason they say it's a lot more secure is because it stops phishing. It updates websites, the engine etc every time you browse.

I've had a go at it and it's alright. I'll just stick to the browser I have now :)

RE: New Internet Browser! by user27089 on 10-02-2005 at 02:04 PM

I am going to check it out now, even if it isn't new, I have never heard of it in my life!

I seriously doubt if it is any better than firefox, it just looks like a small company trying to beat the "big" companies.

Okay, I have used the browser and I can quite honestly say that it is rubbish, it isn't user-friendly at all, and the news feed sucks. I can't even believe that they have a p2p client inbedded into it either, how illegal can you get?!

RE: New Internet Browser! by linx05 on 10-02-2005 at 02:14 PM

On the topic of new browsers, here is one you guys might like. It is based on the Mozilla Engine. Made by Anderson (Avant Browser) it puts a lot of Avant features into use while using the Mozilla engine. Which is great because that is one of a few things FireFox needs improvement in, more features!

It's an alpha release so be careful with it.

Dr Orca 1.0 Alpha

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can't even believe that they have a p2p client inbedded into it either, how illegal can you get?!
Do I smell hypocrisy? *sniff* *sniff* lol
RE: New Internet Browser! by user27089 on 10-02-2005 at 02:16 PM

That is cool, I might download that and try it out, if it is as good as firefox, then I might use it.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Do I smell hypocrisy? *sniff* *sniff* lol

I won't lie, I do use P2P Clients, but having one inbedded into a browser to try and make people download it is just lame, if they won't to be a good browser, they should just stay legit!
RE: New Internet Browser! by Val on 10-02-2005 at 02:17 PM

yeah man that so soo doggy, next thing you know people will be doqnloading pirated vertions of windows with the IE browser, its lame if you want p2p with lime wire i dont use p2p, torrent 4ever 

RE: RE: New Internet Browser! by linx05 on 10-02-2005 at 02:22 PM

quote:
That is cool, I might download that and try it out, if it is as good as firefox, then I might use it.
It's pretty good actually. I like it. I've uninstalled Firefox as my third browser and am using this one instead. Very nice for an alpha release. The bugs will probably start showing up later on ;)
RE: New Internet Browser! by saralk on 10-02-2005 at 02:26 PM

wtf, how did it get so much press?

http://deepnetexplorer.com/news.asp

RE: New Internet Browser! by linx05 on 10-02-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

Because it has a powerful anti-phishing feature.
RE: New Internet Browser! by evil_panda on 10-02-2005 at 02:32 PM

Its really hard to use and is basicly IE but with a few pointless extras thrown in. It basicly sucks.:( I will never change from firefox.:)

RE: New Internet Browser! by user27089 on 10-02-2005 at 02:34 PM

I tried out the Firefox/Avant browser, and I didn't really like it, so I'll be sticking to firefox. To be honest, I haven't yet found a substitute for firefox, as firefox is so simple and has a nice user interface, it is all I need really...

I just wish it had RSS Feeds :(.

RE: New Internet Browser! by Jimcando on 10-02-2005 at 02:36 PM

The only thing that loks good on this browser is grouped tabs. Oh how that is so good :P
Can FireFox do that?

EDIT: Actually, this sucks. Though it is better than IE

RE: New Internet Browser! by -dt- on 10-02-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
I just wish it had RSS Feeds
what do you mean by that? it has livebookmarks or are you asking for something more powerfull?
RE: New Internet Browser! by user27089 on 10-02-2005 at 03:13 PM

Something more powerful really, I don't like using Desktop Widgets or anything to do the job... Going onto Google.com/ig to check out my favourite feeds is just annoying aswell.

RE: New Internet Browser! by Plik on 10-02-2005 at 03:32 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by saralk

Because it has a powerful anti-phishing feature.

Insted of giving a browser lots of publicity because it has "a powerful anti-phishing feature" the press should remind people of the long lost thing called common sense, which also happens to be the best anti phishing feature you can have. I hate the way that products are going, they are just providing things that wouldnt be needed if you provided some simple education about the internet.[/rant]

Im happly going to stick to firefox and my common sense
RE: New Internet Browser! by Max on 10-02-2005 at 03:35 PM

Deepnet's been around for ages. :P

RE: New Internet Browser! by Anubis on 10-02-2005 at 04:20 PM

quote:
I can't even believe that they have a p2p client inbedded into it either, how illegal can you get?!
I really wish people would actually understand that P2Ps aren't illegal, misuseing them to download copyrighted material is, the P2P itself is perfectly legal.

Anyway, this browser is only going to be downloaded by less computer literate users who like all the new P2Ps and jazzy stuff. I mean the browser is supposed to be resistent to exploits and phising but at the same time it bundles a P2P, and P2Ps are quite easy to find exploits in...the only reason this browser can claim to be secure is because it's so unwidely used that no one is going to spend time trying to find exploits.
RE: New Internet Browser! by Val on 10-02-2005 at 04:49 PM

oh well as most of you siad you cant beat firefox, look at all the customizable feature and user infrance, IE anit that good and its slow too

RE: New Internet Browser! by :No-Frost: on 10-02-2005 at 05:01 PM

Mmm I don't like IE and Firefox ^^... haven't seen this browser yet...

But I use Opera instead xD... so I don't think I'm gonna change it...

RE: New Internet Browser! by ShawnZ on 10-02-2005 at 05:02 PM

I DONT SEE A LINUX DOWNLOAD LINK

RE: New Internet Browser! by Concord Dawn on 10-02-2005 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
The only thing that loks good on this browser is grouped tabs. Oh how that is so good :P
Can FireFox do that?

EDIT: Actually, this sucks. Though it is better than IE

Firefox can group tabs yes.
RE: New Internet Browser! by Nathan on 10-02-2005 at 05:14 PM

It can't be that illegal. As it was In the Pc Advisor!

RE: New Internet Browser! by Jimcando on 10-02-2005 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
Ohhhh, how?
RE: New Internet Browser! by John Anderton on 10-02-2005 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
So we chose IE's render engine for two simple reasons. One: it is more compatible with most websites than Firefox; and secondly, we always believed IE's engine was secure, although it has security problems it was secure.
:lol:

Teh browser sux ......
Not to start a browser war on the forum for the 879632568763218th time .... ill say safely (Firefox , IE) > Dodgy DeepNet Explorer
RE: New Internet Browser! by ShawnZ on 10-02-2005 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
Ohhhh, how?

Firefox can do anything, its just a program that uses gecko to display xul applications.
RE: New Internet Browser! by Purity on 10-02-2005 at 06:05 PM

it sucks, the best IE shell would be maxton or IE2.  :)<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">

</span>

RE: New Internet Browser! by ~INVASION~ on 10-02-2005 at 07:38 PM

will continue with my firefox, took me so long to get it how i like it, im a proud firefox user and dont intend on changing

RE: New Internet Browser! by rav0 on 10-03-2005 at 02:45 AM

It might be old but it's new to me. I wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't  for this thread.

I just had a look at the Deepnet Explorer Quick Tour and it looks pretty cool.

* rav0 downloads Deepnet Explorer

You can see the cheapliness though, stolen KDE icons, stolen Microsoft icons. There has been a lot of work put into the actual browser though, from the look of it.

It features the wonderful mouse gestures! I miss them so much from Opera whenever I use Internet Explorer fo Firefox.

This looks really good, though I dont think it will be my most used over Opera, it might become a second choice.

Since this uses Internet Explorer, will Windows Update work in it?

RE: New Internet Browser! by Hank on 10-03-2005 at 02:56 AM

quote:

On the topic of new browsers, here is one you guys might like. It is based on the Mozilla Engine. Made by Anderson (Avant Browser) it puts a lot of Avant features into use while using the Mozilla engine. Which is great because that is one of a few things FireFox needs improvement in, more features!
Firefox shouldnt have More Featues, if it did it would be to Bloated an Plus its really a Open Source Browser, Not a Windows Browser even though there is a Windows Instaler for FF, if you want more features, download Windows Only Browsers,  or Just Install Extensions into Firefox,

RE: New Internet Browser! by linx05 on 10-03-2005 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:

Firefox shouldnt have More Featues, if it did it would be to Bloated an Plus its really a Open Source Browser, Not a Windows Browser even though there is a Windows Instaler for FF, if you want more features, download Windows Only Browsers,  or Just Install Extensions into Firefox,
Different strokes for different folks :)

I like to be able to have pretty much everything I want in the one browser. Then, if I need anything else, I can get a plugin for that. That is the reason why I like this Dr Orca browser (except for the plugin bit :( ). Hopefully the Gecko engine support will improve in Maxthon (my main browser).
RE: New Internet Browser! by Eljay on 10-03-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
I just wish it had RSS Feeds .

http://sage.mozdev.org
RE: New Internet Browser! by -dt- on 10-03-2005 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
It features the wonderful mouse gestures! I miss them so much from Opera whenever I use Internet Explorer fo Firefox
download the firefox mouse gesture extention for when your using firefox?
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
I just wish it had RSS Feeds .
http://sage.mozdev.org
lol *already pmed him the link.