Shoutbox

Instant Messaging - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Instant Messaging (/showthread.php?tid=51312)

Instant Messaging by albert on 10-03-2005 at 04:44 AM

hey guys, im doing a big project for school.. and I would like to know what features/options do u absolutly need to use a specific Instant Messaging software?

EG : I would really need Audio Conversation, seeing as I need to give a lot of information and be writting at the same time.

Thank You :)

RE: Instant Messaging by lordy on 10-03-2005 at 05:59 AM

logging, definately, i often refer to past logs. emoticons arent essential but can help get a point across

RE: Instant Messaging by qgroessl on 10-03-2005 at 11:48 AM

All the special commands.... Like, /lock (to lock messenger), /brb (change status to be right back), /nick (changes your nickname), etc.... Now that I have those with plus... I don't think I'd be able to get used to not being able to use those again.

RE: Instant Messaging by RebelSean on 10-03-2005 at 11:53 AM

Major features of MSN Messenger:

Contact Lists
Ability to block contacts
Ability to see who added you to there list
Skinnable
Diverse Commands
Font Settings
Webcam
Display pictures/Avatars
Conversation Background

I'll probably think of more, but that is all I can think of atm. Too early in the morning :tongue:

RE: Instant Messaging by qgroessl on 10-03-2005 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Contact Lists

Lol... I would've never thought of that... I take that for granted I guess... So I wouldn't be able to live without that either.
RE: Instant Messaging by dotNorma on 10-03-2005 at 12:14 PM

I would need to be able to send messages, have a contact list or some sort of GUI showing my contacts that are online, and all the plus! commands like /close, /block, /status ext.

RE: Instant Messaging by rav0 on 10-03-2005 at 12:52 PM

Contact list, sign in notifications, and statuses (just basic busy/away/online). Compatibility with many clients would be good, but seems to not have a large adoption rate, simply because your contacts use a particular service (myself included).

RE: Instant Messaging by guanako on 10-03-2005 at 06:25 PM

good user interface (Y)

RE: Instant Messaging by albert on 10-03-2005 at 07:06 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone :) Other ppl don't be shy to keep on posting ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
All the special commands.... Like, /lock (to lock messenger), /brb (change status to be right back), /nick (changes your nickname), etc.... Now that I have those with plus... I don't think I'd be able to get used to not being able to use those again.

So u would need status/ nicknames etc..? that's what I want to know

:banana: Yay! 1000th Post :banana:
RE: Instant Messaging by SikStyles on 10-03-2005 at 07:24 PM

well all you need is a chat window and a friend to talk to..and maybe some smilies, you could have games too..

what is it you are exactly doing?

RE: Instant Messaging by prashker on 10-03-2005 at 08:35 PM

everything everyone else suggested and maybe a POP3 email checker :)