Shoutbox

Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG (/showthread.php?tid=51329)

Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by jasonallen on 10-03-2005 at 05:00 PM

I use StuffPlug for various things, one is, so that I know when a contact has closed a window, ie. "Someone has left the conversation" message comes up in your conversation. Normally, before tabbed convos, it would just say this and would not alert you via the taskbar. In the tabbed conversations, the tabs flash when the message for "left the conversation" appears. Anyway to avoid this? apart from switching it off in StuffPlug.

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Sunshine on 10-03-2005 at 05:15 PM

No, you can't switch this off as this notification is sent as a message and thus gets treated the same. Only thing you can do is to turn off taskbar notifications for messages in tabs not in focus all together (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...uncheck "auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), but this would mean the taskbar won't flash when "normal" messages are received either.

P.S. i noticed you use MSNM 7.0.0777, there is a newer version of MSNM 7.0 available (v. 7.0.0816), i advice you to upgrade.

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by joao267 on 10-04-2005 at 10:18 AM

Yes you should upgrade to Msn Messenger 7.0.0816.
And Upgrade Msg Plus to 3.61
What's your Stuff Plug version ???

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by RaceProUK on 10-04-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joao267
Yes you should upgrade to Msn Messenger 7.0.0816.
And Upgrade Msg Plus to 3.61
What's your Stuff Plug version ???
It's not the StuffPlug version at fault - it's how Plus! recognises messages.
IMO, this isn't really a problem, since it alerts you to the fact that they left the convo when you weren't looking. You can then choose to close that convo, reducing the number of tabs you have and reducing the load on your PC.
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Sunshine on 10-04-2005 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
- it's how Plus! recognises messages.

There's no bug anywhere, as i posted above "Someone has left the conversation" is a message...nothing more, nothing less. If in unfocussed conversationscreen it's an unread message.

[Image: closeconvofeature3iu.png]
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Impheatus on 10-04-2005 at 07:13 PM

What they are trying to say is that if you DON'T have the tabbed chat activated, messages in the taskbar WON'T alert you that someone left the convo, because MSNM knows the difference between a message and a notification.
That is what MsgPlus! should do, it should know the difference between MESSAGE and NOTIFICATION.

RE: RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by jasonallen on 10-04-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Impheatus
What they are trying to say is that if you DON'T have the tabbed chat activated, messages in the taskbar WON'T alert you that someone left the convo, because MSNM knows the difference between a message and a notification.
That is what MsgPlus! should do, it should know the difference between MESSAGE and NOTIFICATION.

By jove, he's got it ! :$

EDIT, Dont want to update Messenger, due to it needing IE6, PC don't like it.
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Millenium_edition on 10-04-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Impheatus
where "has left the conversation" is, in opposition to what sunshine said, a notification and not a message (even though the stuffplug NG vocabulary says otherwise)
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Impheatus on 10-04-2005 at 08:34 PM

Mmmmmhhhh... I really don't care what SPNG says, but I care about the bug:
-Without tabbed chats activated, windows won't flash in taskbar when a "...user has left the conversation" message/notification appears.
-With tabbed chats activated, tabs flash when a "...user has left the conversation" message/notification appears.

There is no point of discussion, really, it is a bug and that's it. No big deal.

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Patchou on 10-05-2005 at 12:32 AM

It's not a bug, it's by design. I know Messenger does not flash when someone leavs a convo but I decided Messenger Plus! should flash in that case because some times, the fact that someone left a convo is something you want to be aware of. Thsi will not be changed.

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by lordy on 10-05-2005 at 07:53 AM

well said :P I do like that it does this, and imo MSNM should do it anyways

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug (Another one!) StuffPlug-NG by Impheatus on 10-05-2005 at 10:55 PM

Great! now everything is cleared up!
I as lordy16, like that tabs flash when "user left" message is displayed.
And now we know that there is a difference between a normal message sent by a user and a "message" sent by server telling that somerone left the convo.