Shoutbox

Desktop Contacts suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Desktop Contacts suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=51337)

Desktop Contacts suggestion by t1a0s on 10-03-2005 at 07:06 PM

Would it be possible to have a different name on your desktop contacts to the contact list?

Example: A contact is displayed on my desktop. I make a custom name for that contact which shows up on my desktop. On my contact list, the name stays what they have set it.

Is this possible?

RE: Desktop Contacts suggestion by haydos on 10-03-2005 at 07:12 PM

As far as I know this is not possible but I do like the idea:)

If you can find another program exterior to Plus! which renames contact list contacts you could try using that in combination with the msgplus! desktop contacts but I'm not sure how well that would or wouldn't work

RE: Desktop Contacts suggestion by Jerry J. on 10-03-2005 at 07:40 PM

try setting a custom name... then set not to view contacts by e-mail.

RE: Desktop Contacts suggestion by t1a0s on 10-03-2005 at 08:03 PM

Jerry, thats not what i meant. I'd like a different name to show for my desktop contacts that their name on my contact list. So using me as an example, on my desktop i appear as 'Adam' but on my contact list i appear as 'the1andonlysparky'.

RE: Desktop Contacts suggestion by Jerry J. on 10-03-2005 at 08:18 PM

You mean like 2 custom names? One for chatting and another one JUST for the desktop contacts?

RE: Desktop Contacts suggestion by CookieRevised on 10-03-2005 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry J.
You mean like 2 custom names? One for chatting and another one JUST for the desktop contacts?
sort of... he means one for the contact list and one for desktop contacts....

-----------

Anyways, the1andonlysparky, if this because you want to see their true name and also want to set a custom name, then use the (!N) tag to add their true name to the custom name. Or enable "Attach the original name" in Plus! > Preferences > Contact List > Custom Names.

Other than that, no, it isn't possible...