Shoutbox

Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 (/showthread.php?tid=51369)

Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-04-2005 at 01:29 PM

Aussies will take on Rest of the world on 5, 7, & 9 th Oct in Melbourne in Super series Part 1 (Part 2 being a super test).. not in MCC but in an indoor stadium.. Expecting a low score game :undecided:

Sewag will open with Chris Gayle :banana: Cant wait till tomorrow (A)

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by lordy on 10-04-2005 at 01:31 PM

um... is this cricket? :S im australian and ive nvr heard of it!!

at the risk of being eaten alive by my fellow australians

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-04-2005 at 02:27 PM

hahah.. its cricket..right  under your nose :grin:

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by fishybobbins on 10-04-2005 at 05:57 PM

I hope the World XI win.  Then the Aussies would have lost two series in a row.  (After we won the Ashes) :P

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-04-2005 at 06:08 PM

Aussie bookies say that the aussies are the underdogs.

Wtf .... win for 3 - 4 yrs straight ur awesome .... u loose 1 series and you are an underdog :-/
Give em some credit ppl :-/

Anyways its gonna be awesome imo and i think aussies are gonna win :P

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Jurassic_Ice on 10-04-2005 at 06:16 PM

does canada have a cricket team? lol

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-04-2005 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
does canada have a cricket team? lol
Yeah but they are extremly small .... in the sence the are just barely begining.
They did qualify for the WC once or twice but nothing much to say about there. They made very low scores against the big teams .... well you cant expect new teams to make 200 against 1st grade teams can you (if they do good for them .... but you cant expect it)
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Jurassic_Ice on 10-04-2005 at 06:31 PM

oh really? thats strange, i did not know canada had a team , i thought it was mostly asian teams..whose the strongest one?

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-06-2005 at 10:22 AM

Ausies defeat World XI by 93 runs :p
See you on 8th Aussie

At present Australia is the best one !

Test Rankings
                       Matches  Points Rating
1  Australia          39  4966  127
2  England           38  4533  119
3  India                27  2998  111
4  South Africa     35  3517  100
5  New Zealand   26  2598  100
6  Sri Lanka         24  2354    98
7  Pakistan          26  2474    95
8  West Indies    32  2359    74
9  Zimbabwe       18    509    28
10 Bangladesh    25    158      6

One day Rankings
                     Matches  Points Rating
1  Australia         27  3672  136 
2  Sri Lanka        21   2574  123
3  New Zealand  21  2444  116
4  Pakistan         29  3363  116
5  South Africa   19   2117  111
6  England         22   2389  109
7  India              29   2810    97
8  West Indies   22  1980     90
9  Zimbabwe      23  1012     44
10 Bangladesh  23    322     14

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by J.J on 10-06-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Wtf .... win for 3 - 4 yrs straight ur awesome .... u loose 1 series and you are an underdog
Give em some credit ppl

To be honest, i'm Australian, and i've watched every single one of their games...they DO deserve to be the underdogs.

Yeh, you give credit where credit is due...and Australia of course, deserve it! But, the loss of form of 5 players in Gillespie, Kasprowicz, Martyn, Hayden and Gilchrist is huge. The way they lost the ashes was depauable...yeh ok...England won 2-1 and one of the tests they won by 2-3 runs...but, England really should have won at least 3 tests with the way Australia played. Ausralia didn't deserve to win a match.

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
oh really? thats strange, i did not know canada had a team

They only play in the World Cup, one of their players comes from Australia...think his name is Tom Davidson...

Did anyone hear that Mcgrath won't be playing tomorrow? He injured himself so Stuart Clark will be taking his place. It'll be his debut for Australia.

Just another thing i wanted to point out. You see how Flintoff was bashed around the ground?...bouncy pitches dont suit Flintoff :wink: He had that problem when England toured here last time. That could be a HUGE factor in the test.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybobbins
I hope the World XI win.  Then the Aussies would have lost two series in a row.  (After we won the Ashes) :P

Haha bite me, Australia rules :P

* TD is going to the last ODI at Telstra Dome on Sunday (a)
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by haydos on 10-06-2005 at 01:53 PM

It was a great game (from an Australian perspective:P) and it was good to see most of the Aussies getting back into some form. There was practically nobody that turned up to the game though:O Only about 18000 people is really dodgy. They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P

I think the World XI played too many "smashers" in the first match (and these players' positioning in the batting order also were dodgy I thought) ... it can work if one or two gets a big score but it seems unlikely that it can work in the current positioning. After Lara, Sangakarra, Kallis and Dravid the World XI were stuck with very attacking players with the likes of Flintoff and Afridi. If they want to play this many attacking batsmen (they really have no choice because Chris Gayle is their other batting squad member, another smasher, and will be playing instead of Afridi) I think they should spread them around the batting order a little more."

Austraila really had a few problems with their catching though :undecided: 4 dropped catches isn't ideal...

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Did anyone hear that Mcgrath won't be playing tomorrow? He injured himself so Stuart Clark will be taking his place. It'll be his debut for Australia.
Yeah hes not playing because he is being rested, or thats whats being reported anyway. If he is actually being rested, could the Australian's can't be taking the series too seriously, or is McGrath getting too old? :undecided:

Just a question for interest, do you think the World XI team, apart from possibly Peitersen, Flintoff and Gayle have been picked on their great records, not their recent series and current form?

And to the person wondering about the Canadian team they played in teh world cup in 2003 and they actually won a game or at least came close if I remember correctly. The Austrailan, Davidson who plays for Canada in Internationals made the fastest century in world cup history agaisnt the West Indies and Canada posted a few worthwhile scores (mainly thanks to Davidson). Now he plays for South Australia in the domestic form of the game for Australia.
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Ben™ on 10-06-2005 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P
They're still on here in NSW, thank you very much :P
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by haydos on 10-06-2005 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben™
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P
They're still on here in NSW, thank you very much :P
Thats why i said dodgy eastern states... NSW isn't dodgy, its just an Eastern state 8-):P

Just on that Canadian World Cup Series by Canada again, I checked up on it and Canada actually won a game, albeit against Bangladesh. The fastest century in WC history that John Davidson scored was brought up in just 67 balls (he ended up making 111 off 76, the total team score for Canada was a measly 202 and they lost the match). Also against New Zealand in the WC Davidson made 75 in quick time including the bigest six i have ever seen.
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-08-2005 at 10:52 AM

Aussies own the world XI like i predicted :banana:

The second ODI is today/going on atm/already over yesterday/day before yesterday rite ??

code:
if (match_over >= 1)
printf("%s won by %d %s",team_win,margin,margin_varb);

else
printf("The match isnt over");

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Chestah on 10-08-2005 at 10:54 AM

I have one thing to say to all you true aussies out there :P - "That's Gold" ;)

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-08-2005 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I have one thing to say to all you true aussies out there :P - "That's Gold" ;)
I aint an aussie :refuck:

Its common sence that probability that aussies will pwn the WXI team is higher than the probability that WXI will pwn the aussies cause
a) The aussies are the world champions for the past 6 years and have dominated for atleast the last 4 years.

So what if they lost 1 series .... still it was a hard fought one :P

b) The are a unit They are used to working together unlike the WXI team.

c) They are soooooo motivated after the loss against england + the media thrashing (which was undeserved)
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by sena on 10-08-2005 at 11:07 AM

Go the Aussies!!!!

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Chestah on 10-08-2005 at 11:08 AM

quote:
a) The aussies are the world champions for the past 6 years and have dominated for atleast the last 4 years.

erm.. i think you mean the last 20 years :P
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-08-2005 at 11:14 AM

You forget the days when West indies were on song :tongue:

Great game by Aussies and Hayden.. World XI did a good chase indeed...except that they lost wickets regularly :p

Hope atleast  WXI will pull off last game :tongue:

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by haydos on 10-08-2005 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shine
Great game by Aussies and Hayden..
erm... Matty Hayden was dropped, I think you mean Adam Gilchrist ;)

It was a much more exciting match than the first, some huge sixes as well. The final ODI is on about 12hrs after this post so you can work it out for wherever you are in the world.

Looks like Peitersen (Thigh) and Katich (Groin) could miss the match with injuries which is a shame. McGrath should be back however which is great for the Aussies. I think World XI should have quite a good chance in this match because they will have had more of a chance to gel with each other and organise their ideas (so they dont run each other out anymore:P)

quote:
"That's Gold"
x2
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-09-2005 at 06:58 AM

quote:
quote:
erm.. i think you mean the last 20 years :P
Erm dominated one sidedly winning almost all games in site ...... well since 1999 so yes i mean past 6 yrs and not the past 20 :P

And there is a game going on rite now. Aussies were batting an hour ago. Pointing hit flintoff for a six over mid wicket :D

This is the 2nd odi afaik
Correct ??

Forgive my ignorace but i was busy at my uni and i dont see the tv or read the news papers now a days :P
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-09-2005 at 08:28 AM

3rd ODI.. Aussies finished batting.
Aus 293/5 :p Scorecard

Lets see how World XI replies.. Game On now!!!!

Follow Live ..............
[Link pasted 14.00 hrs IST] Check your time

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-09-2005 at 08:45 AM

quote:
3rd ODI.. Aussies finished batting.
Aus 293/5 :p Scorecard

Lets see how World XI replies.. Game On now!!!!

Follow Live ..............
[Link pasted 14.00 hrs IST] Check your time

They kicked some wxi ass :P

Good batting from the aussies. It sure is game on now :D

Damn it its already 17 for 1 :sad:
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-09-2005 at 08:59 AM

22/2 :(  Lee & McGrath are bowling well

Edit 1  : 35/4 :lol: :@ 8o|(6) :grin:

Edit 2: Sewag is there (A)

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-09-2005 at 09:11 AM

quote:
22/2 :(  Lee & McGrath are bowling well

35/4 :lol: :@ 8o|(6) :grin:
pwnage !!!111oneone

i told ya aussies are gonna pwn them in all probability :rolleyes:
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by haydos on 10-09-2005 at 09:14 AM

Aussie bowlers are on fire, Lara a golden duck!:cheesy:
I can't believe it, Mike Hussey hit the roof (they are playting in a dome stadium) during his innings
Looks like a clean sweep for the Aussies, got to look forward to the supertest now, October 14-19 (6 day test at the Sydney Cricket Ground)

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by shine on 10-09-2005 at 09:33 AM

Brett lee Bowled a Maiden Over to Flintoff :p

Sewag 31 (y)

Bracken bowled two '5 wides' :lol:  after sewag hit him for a 4 in first ball :grin:

Edit: N Bracken 2-0-29-0  Two overs went for 29 ..bet they will take him off

Edit: Flintoff Gone ..Bowled :sad:  87/5

Edit: Dravid in.. Sewag & Dravid two Indians out in middle lets see how they do :)

Edit: Sewag Run out :sad:

Edit: 120/7 :P(N) Quit

Edit : 130/8 Afridi In..Hits a 6 & 4 .. hes in a hurry to finish this :)

(y):p(n)  :dodgyomar:

RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by John Anderton on 10-09-2005 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Brett lee Bowled a Maiden Over to Flintoff :p

Sewag 31 (y)

Bracken bowled two '5 wides' :lol:  after sewag hit him for a 4 in first ball :grin:

Edit: N Bracken 2-0-29-0  Two overs went for 29 ..bet they will take him off

Edit: Flintoff Gone ..Bowled :sad:  87/5

Edit: Dravid in.. Sewag & Dravid two Indians out in middle lets see how they do :)

Edit: Sewag Run out :sad:

Edit: 120/7 :P(N) Quit

Edit : 130/8 Afridi In..Hits a 6 & 4 .. hes in a hurry to finish this :)

(y):p(n)  :dodgyomar:

WXI pwned like i predicted .... i hope the test is a better contest :P
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1 by Chestah on 10-10-2005 at 09:35 AM

quote:
WXI pwned like i predicted .... i hope the test is a better contest

I hope you mean AUS pwned ;)! I think i've made my opinon clear on who i think is the best haha ;)

http://www.chestah.net/wordpress/?p=16 <-- Australia VS the World in sport, why are we so good? hahahah :P