Shoutbox

a little confused about something - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: a little confused about something (/showthread.php?tid=51428)

a little confused about something by couragous on 10-05-2005 at 06:43 PM

well ,I know there is a difference between idle and away.Anyway why does it have it contact information away but in the event log window idle for the same time and everything .what is it ,is it idle or is it away ?and which status is the one that takes place when the msn is not in use.

RE: a little confused about something by Ezra on 10-05-2005 at 06:45 PM

When you are away for 5 mins you are idle, and when you set your status to away you are away.

They are two different statuses, but the creators of msn somehow named them both away.

You can change it, by editing msglang.dll

RE: a little confused about something by hexel on 10-05-2005 at 06:49 PM

And raceprouk has answered that question before quite well.

RE: a little confused about something by couragous on 10-05-2005 at 06:50 PM

that not what I mean I mean using MsgPlus I noticed that when a contact status is changed to away in the contact information it says away and in the event log window it states idle ,now how am i to know which one it is. and how can i edit the msglang.dll

RE: a little confused about something by Stigmata on 10-05-2005 at 06:51 PM

Idle is a status set by your client when your inactive for a certain about of minutes.

the event log picks it up, because the command sent to messenger is idle, but messenger reads it as away...

you can download the idle patch here:
http://www.msnfanatic.com/index.php?module=announ...57f36d9e07e4cd79f0

RE: a little confused about something by couragous on 10-05-2005 at 06:53 PM

that not what I mean I mean using MsgPlus I noticed that when a contact status is changed to away in the contact information it says away and in the event log window it states idle ,now how am i to know which one it is. and how can i edit the msglang.dll

RE: a little confused about something by Impheatus on 10-05-2005 at 07:14 PM

With the patch in the link that Stigmata gave you, you would be able to differentiate both "Idle" and "Away".
You would see your contact in the contact list as "Idle" at the same time you see his status as "Idle" in the event log window if that user si Idle.
And you would see his status as "Away" in the contact list and in the event log window if the user is just "Away"

RE: a little confused about something by matty on 10-05-2005 at 07:19 PM

Messenger Plus! is correct when saying the status is Idle. Because MSM Messenger use the same status (in this case Away) for both Away and Idle in MSN Messenger it shows up as being Away no matter the status.

As Stigmata posted there is a patch located here that will alter MSN Messenger to show the Idle when the contact is in fact idle.

Which window do you mean when you right click and go Messenger Plus! Extras > Contact Information? If so I will let Patchou know about this if it is the case when I get home.

RE: a little confused about something by couragous on 10-05-2005 at 08:03 PM

yes when i go right click and go Messenger Plus! Extras > Contact Information it shows away yet in the event log window it shows idle

I am a little confused how am i supposed to use the patch can somebody give me the steps what to do after i download it

RE: a little confused about something by matty on 10-05-2005 at 08:40 PM

Please try and refrain from double posting there is an [Image: edit.gif] button specifically so this doesn't happen.

To patch the version do the following.

Download and run the attached file
There is a big button that says Command1 (click this)
You need to have MSN Messenger closed when doing this.

RE: a little confused about something by Impheatus on 10-05-2005 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by couragous
yes when i go right click and go Messenger Plus! Extras > Contact Information it shows away yet in the event log window it shows idle
I think it says "Away (idle)" but I can't tell for sure because the window is not wide enough to read it and if I hover over it, it doesn't display any label as it would do with any other long message...
RE: a little confused about something by ShawnZ on 10-05-2005 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by couragous

Whether a contact is really Idle or just Away, MSN Messenger will simply say 'Away' regardless. However, Messenger Plus! can actually tell the difference between Idle and Away and is therefore telling you the correct status.