Shoutbox

[FR] Set name color without enable custom names feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [FR] Set name color without enable custom names feature (/showthread.php?tid=51434)

[FR] Set name color without enable custom names feature by Xtrician on 10-05-2005 at 08:43 PM

When i want to set a color of my contact name i need to enable the custom name feautre.
its ok i can to leave is blank and is name stays like its be, but its freeze me is name and its name not update anymore when he set new name.

RE: [FR] Set name color without enable custom names feature by Sunshine on 10-05-2005 at 09:23 PM

What Xtrician means here is that he/she is using custom names without filling in a name for this contact him/herself wich isn't updating anymore on namechanges.

Xtrician: to do this you need to set the customname to (!N) - so not leaving it blank - , this tag represents the contact's friendlyname and will change when he/she alters his/her name. You can apply any color to (!N) you want. If you have set the customname to (!N) already and it isn't updating anymore, see if removing the customname and resetting it works.