Shoutbox

Science Project - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Science Project (/showthread.php?tid=51442)

Science Project by TylerG on 10-06-2005 at 02:36 AM

Well I have a science fair coming up and I thought I was going to build a robot instead and enter in a robotics course, but today I learned that you can't do that your freshman year.  So, I wanted to do something with computers and my principle wanted me to try to build a computer on to a keyboard.  LIke the keyboard is the computer I think.  I think she meant like monitor to, like using an old laptop monitor or something but I am not sure, she is crazy:S  Do you think that this idea is possible, and/or do you recomend a better idea?  Thanks for the help:D

RE: Science Project by YottabyteWizard on 10-06-2005 at 05:56 AM

Maybe it could be possible but the keyboard would need to be really big but i don't think so, and if you're goin to use laptop hardware you would have to sacrifice the whole laptop for your proyect, it COULD work. Why you just don't make a PC with Apple style? A monitor with all the PC hardware inside? Sounds crazy but i think it can work, less risky and more easy. Like you put the mobo on the top of the crt and HDD drive on bottom? :O And the only problem with this freaky idea is the power supply, there wouldn't be space for it and the CRT must be 19 or 21+ of size

RE: Science Project by expert on 10-06-2005 at 06:08 AM

* expert cant wait to see what tylerg comes up with:P

RE: Science Project by RaceProUK on 10-06-2005 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Maybe it could be possible but the keyboard would need to be really big but i don't think so, and if you're goin to use laptop hardware you would have to sacrifice the whole laptop for your proyect, it COULD work. Why you just don't make a PC with Apple style? A monitor with all the PC hardware inside? Sounds crazy but i think it can work, less risky and more easy. Like you put the mobo on the top of the crt and HDD drive on bottom? :O And the only problem with this freaky idea is the power supply, there wouldn't be space for it and the CRT must be 19 or 21+ of size
A better idea: use a CRT box, but rip out the CRT. Replace it with a TFT panel, and you'll instaly have tons more room ;)
A bit pricey maybe, but TFTs are getting quite cheap now.
RE: Science Project by TylerG on 10-06-2005 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by expert
* expert cant wait to see what tylerg comes up with:P
Yeah I will show when finished:P

Yes but my school is going to supply the parts so that problem is taken care of.  The monitor idea is pretty good I will see what my teacher thinks.  Ok thanks, keep up the suggestions:D

RE: Science Project by Supersonicdarky on 10-06-2005 at 07:43 PM

i'm using the monitor idea when my fair come :P

RE: Science Project by rav0 on 10-07-2005 at 09:15 AM

I had the monitor screen swap idea, and then I scrolled down and raceprouk ahd already posted it. Well, it's floating around in the back of my head as a possible future mod project, even though it will be an iMac clone.

My suggestions to the idea; have a slot loading optical drive in the front of the monitor, and if there is an unused button on the front of the monitor, use that for the tray button, have only one power cord going into the box, have the mouse and keyboard cords retract into the case, have the computer and monitor both powered by one button, have the system hibernate from the power button and chance the hibernation screen to something like a goodbye message, front usb ports, wireless internet, a picture of a pear with a bit taken out of it as an Apple parody, internal speakers.

I have seen not many CRT monitors with internal speakers, and the ones I have seen had shit speakers, and looked ugly.

Find a way out of acting on the letter that you will get from Apple that says "c**s* *nd d*s*st".

PS I think I have seen a computer in a keyboard before, but I can't remember whether it was a mod project or retail.

RE: Science Project by [MR] on 10-07-2005 at 11:32 AM

is this what we are going to be doing all weekend?

RE: Science Project by YottabyteWizard on 10-07-2005 at 02:36 PM

:rofl: yeah i know the monitor idea is very good, in fact I think I'll use it to (Y). Just to make thinkg a lil bit more fun, use BootSkin and a theme Apple style or a 'parodie' of Macs (6)
[Image: 2536.jpg]