Shoutbox

plus! DP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: plus! DP (/showthread.php?tid=51520)

plus! DP by guanako on 10-08-2005 at 12:48 AM

is it possible to create display pictures like the ones from blue mountain, u know the animated ones, with moods and stuff? if yes it woul be cool if someone made one with the Plus! logo, like the animation on the banner http://www.msgplus.net/news.php up there.

RE: plus! DP by Ash_ on 10-08-2005 at 01:42 AM

yes it is posssible (iirc) but you need to stamp the file with a flash digital signature or something.

RE: plus! DP by guanako on 10-08-2005 at 01:45 AM

so anyone has the knowledge to do it? here it woul be a good way to promote it, install plus! and the DP all in one :D

RE: plus! DP by Supersonicdarky on 10-08-2005 at 01:47 AM

but what rae the emotions gonna be? background color will change or something?

and i do like the idea :)

RE: plus! DP by guanako on 10-08-2005 at 02:11 AM

well i was thinkin on takin some ideas out of some already made DP, like a rainy background for sad, sunny for happy, idk anyonw else could give some ideas too (Y)

RE: plus! DP by linx05 on 10-08-2005 at 04:38 AM

You cannot make an animated DP.

The only way it can be done atm is downloading one, or change your dp every x seconds. And that would be very annoying.

It has been talked about a few times. A quick search would bring up the same answers.

RE: plus! DP by -dt- on 10-08-2005 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Yes you can , but it requires a digitally signed certificate which is expensive so no one has really bothered about it.

if you searched you would of found this out....
RE: plus! DP by linx05 on 10-08-2005 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Yes you can , but it requires a digitally signed certificate which is expensive so no one has really bothered about it.

if you searched you would of found this out....
Yes, I took that into consideration. And I took the consideration nobody would actually buy one because someone did, they would have already done it by now :)