Shoutbox

GPG encryption with just one click - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: GPG encryption with just one click (/showthread.php?tid=51522)

GPG encryption with just one click by darthsidious on 10-08-2005 at 01:50 AM

i'd like to know if msgplus is gonna have a built-in gpg encryption, not as a plugin. i think it would be very interesting and usefull to be able to send and receive encrypted text or files in msn... Can it be suggested in some place or email address ?

thanks !!!

ps. i hope my english is good enough...

RE: GPG encryption with just one click by Supersonicdarky on 10-08-2005 at 01:53 AM

i'm guessing it's possible since i've seen paid software which does this, and yes i would use it :)

RE: GPG encryption with just one click by sena on 10-08-2005 at 11:05 AM

what's wrong with the encryption that plus already offers

RE: GPG encryption with just one click by Impheatus on 10-08-2005 at 02:28 PM

It only encrypts chat logs...
darthsidious wants it to encrypt message that are sent through the convo window, and the other side would be able to decrypt that message only if he has MsgPlus! and knows the password.

RE: GPG encryption with just one click by CookieRevised on 10-08-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by darthsidious
i'd like to know if msgplus is gonna have a built-in gpg encryption, not as a plugin.
Only Patchou could answer that I suppose. Maybe it is on his loooooooong todo list somewhere, who knows...

In the mean time, you can use IMSecure. If both you and your contact has this addon installed, then it will encrypt the outgoing messages and decrypt the incomming messages from that contact. It works transparently: if you have it installed, but your contact hasn't, the addon will not encrypt your outgoing messages to that contact...

You don't need Plus! to use IMSecure.