Shoutbox

hi... a bit of truth. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: hi... a bit of truth. (/showthread.php?tid=51545)

hi... a bit of truth. by Joa on 10-08-2005 at 06:58 PM

hey guys... i just came on here to post one final post. the truth is that i have very deep depression. i know that by not telling you (mainly the people on here that i have grown so close to) i have betrayed you in a sense... i feel so horrible that i did not let anybody know. but, i HAVE to leave, and i have to tell you about it... so that i actually DO leave. don't think that the forums are the reason for my depression, but i have become so dependent on this forum that it is dragging me down. when you have depression you grab onto anything that makes you happy, to the point that it ends up hurting you... these are the first forums i ever joined. thats why maybe i have grown so attached. i became so close to some people on here... i know i attempted to leave in the past, but now i will. i have to for my own good... i spoke to a couple of doctors. it's not something to laugh about (even though it does seem a bit pathetic .. that i have to leave the forums)... my reading and writing problem, is in fact as i have learned a part of my depression. the forums are my get away... but are holding me back from healing. i will eventually die if i go on them... and i do mean that. see, strangely enough... they became my reality.

i know this all sounds crazy, and like i'm insane... but it is the truth.

i ask and beg you not to attempt to e-mail me... or ask me to stay. if you care about me at all, i beg you to let me go... and just allow me to leave being happy that i could partake in such an amazing community.

i will comeback to see if anybody replied... but i won't post anything more or reply to pms you may send me.

please just always be yourselves, cuz you guys are all great. i got to know so many of you so well.. lol... :)

i'll never forget you guys/girls
love,
Joa

p.s. i'm sorry this is in GCC, if it is an inappropriate place to post than i'm sorry, and please move it to T&T. althought i really hope that it can stay here so i can read it as a guest and don't have an excuse to sign in...

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by absorbation on 10-08-2005 at 07:08 PM

bi bi joa :cry:

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Stigmata on 10-08-2005 at 07:09 PM

:kiss:

we will miss you

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by [MR] on 10-08-2005 at 07:11 PM

sry to hear that...bye

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by hexel on 10-08-2005 at 07:12 PM

* hexel waves to Joa. :sad:
Maybe we'll bump into you on the street..

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Purity on 10-08-2005 at 07:18 PM

:sad: That's depressing.... :( Will you still be on msn time to time? :sad:

I will miss you so much! :cry:

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Tasha on 10-08-2005 at 07:19 PM

I'll miss you a lot, but maybe one day we'll talk again. I'll be thinking of you... :happy:

Love and hugs,
Tasha.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by rix on 10-08-2005 at 07:25 PM

I'd say something but in the end it won't make any difference

Goodbye...

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Eljay on 10-08-2005 at 07:29 PM

bye Joa, we will miss you :cry:

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by NiteMare on 10-08-2005 at 07:35 PM

aww, i hate when we lose one of the good ones

good luck with your life joa :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Purity on 10-08-2005 at 07:37 PM

You've made such a big change in the forums, I'll agree with Leo, kinda saw it coming. :(

You've helped me through lots of tough stuff.  Thanks very much,
I'm gonna miss you, your one of the best people i've ever met on the
net, or met in general, you were always there, always someone to trust.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by CookieRevised on 10-08-2005 at 07:37 PM

I'll make this very short and to the point...

It sad to read all that. But if you feel/know it would make you better, then by all means do what's best!!

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i'll never forget you guys/girls
love,
Joa
And I'll never forget you, Joa... You were one of the few new people back then who immediatly had a very good (helping) attitude (and still do). I'll always greatly respected that (and that's why you got a + vote from me ;))...

big hug back,
Cookie
RE: hi... a bit of truth. by user35870 on 10-08-2005 at 07:40 PM

Bye Joa , Good luck with everything (Y)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Negro_Joe on 10-08-2005 at 07:46 PM

bi bi, sad to see you go...dont really know you much, but you are one of the nicest members, i can tell you have been having  a bad time but we are all friends here though it is on the inter web...:)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Reaper on 10-08-2005 at 07:48 PM

sorry to hear that :(
good luck and stay strong (Y)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by gif83 on 10-08-2005 at 07:48 PM

Thanks for the cookies Joa, i'll miss you loads... look after yourself :)

maybe i was wrong before... maybe TODAY is global hug Joa day

*hugs*

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by qgroessl on 10-08-2005 at 08:16 PM

I hope everything gets better for you. It's sad to know that you have to leave the forums, but if it's for your own good we'll let you go! I never got to know you personally... But you always seemed like the cheerer-upper.... the helper.... And the all around good person on the forums.

For this I think I speak for all of us when I say: Good luck with everything in your life. And we'll never forget you!

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Tasha on 10-08-2005 at 08:20 PM

Something I wrote for you...

Friends are here when you need them,
Always there for you,
Whether your problem be small,
or big,
They will always understand.
Telling someone the truth,
Is the hardest thing to do,
The truth hurts,
And the truth helps.
A friend will understand the truth,
And understand your wishes,
Know that your friends will always be here,
No matter what,
Know that we still care,
Whatever you have to do,
A friend supports your every choice.
We wish you all the luck in the world,
In everything you do.

Just wanted to add, I am so glad I had the chance to know you. You always knew how to cheer someone up, and you always helped people no matter what. (l)

Love and hugs,
Tasha. (}) :kiss:

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Jeronimo on 10-08-2005 at 08:49 PM

To lose such a popular member of the forums is always sad. To lose a popular member who is not a guy is even sadder!! :)

I don't post here much, but I do read lots, and its sad to see you go. I've been there myself and you just need to make sure you do a bit each day that you know will make you better. It can be a long journey, but its one you need to make. I wish you well! :)

Jeronimo xx

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Aeryn on 10-08-2005 at 09:32 PM

Joa, in the past I've been in depression too, for years, and I can relate to your state of mind quite well. But from my own experience I can also say, sooner or later you will find strength to come out of it. Despite all the crap there is in life, despite all the cheerless moments.

I wish everything best to you, and goodbye.

:)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by user27089 on 10-08-2005 at 09:34 PM

I know that you are going to be missed a hell of a lot on this forum, you have bought happiness to a lot of people and cheered us up loads...

I'm sure we will all respect your wishes :kiss:.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by mwe99 on 10-08-2005 at 09:42 PM

rather than PM you, you know how close we sorta got and no i don't think you betrayed anyone joa.  I'll keep it short, i wish you all the best in the future :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by dylan! on 10-08-2005 at 10:15 PM

bi bi joa:(:'(
* dylan! hides in a corner

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by kangie on 10-08-2005 at 10:37 PM

Been there, done that, and you have my deepest sypathies, althought you differ, in that this community was nearly the end of me... not the thing that kept me sane.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by albert on 10-08-2005 at 11:06 PM

:( I feel really sad after reading this.. I wish you the best Joa.. you've always been a nice person to have around.. I hope everything goes fine for u.. and if u ever pass to mtl. dont b shy to pass say hi aight? :)

Take care of yourself sweetheart,
And enjoy you're life to the fullest :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by SikStyles on 10-09-2005 at 12:24 AM

Good Bye Joa!!
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!
I hope you will start feeling better very soon!
*hugs*

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by J.J on 10-09-2005 at 01:24 AM

Oh my ... :sad:

Well, i wish you all the best and hope that you get better soon. You've been a great person in this community and it'll be sad to see you go.

Goodluck Joa, i know i will surely miss you

Keep your chin up girl

TD

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by lizard.boy on 10-09-2005 at 02:03 AM

i didnt know you too well, but i know you started quite a few threads worth readind, and really supported the community, i hope you suceed with what your trying to overcome and have some fun. we shall all miss you.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by DJeX on 10-09-2005 at 02:04 AM

Hello Joa, I know how it feels. I used to be depressed. I know how painful it can be and I know what you are going through. You never betrayed anyone. Its totaly normal not to tell people about how you feel. Even to this day my parents never knew about my depression. I was very good at hideing it.

We are here for you like always, and so am I. If you ever need to talk about something, which I don't know if you will after reading your post but if you need someone I'm here. I think I added you to msn at one time.

What helped me through my depression is what I believe in. Now that’s just what helped me you do what ever you want. So I will pray for you every night until you get better.

Wishing you peace and comfort. I hope you get a chance to read this.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Mnjul on 10-09-2005 at 02:23 AM

I hope everything will turn out fine for you Joa :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by matty on 10-09-2005 at 02:24 AM

Hey hun, I am sorry to see you leave. It's sad when you see a great member of our community say they have to leave for which ever reasons. Just remember that you have 10,000+ people wishing you all the best in life. We all love you and hope you may once again return to us.

Take care.
Love Lots

P.S. I hope I see you around one day on MSN, maybe even at one point have a Plus! Ontario Meeting ;).

Bye Hun and take care of yourself.

Love forever and Always
Matty

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Hank on 10-09-2005 at 02:35 AM

Bye Joa an Hope you get better real soon, coz we'll  all Miss you an be thinking of you,, Bye Bye Hun an take care of yourself,  HUGzzzzz

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by surfichris on 10-09-2005 at 03:46 AM

So like, we didn't speak much but I always found you a fun member here who put alot into the community.

I just want to wish you the best of luck getting through all of this, and hopefully we'll see you back around sometime soon.

Ninja! :chrongue:

By the way, i see no reason why this thread should be moved into T&T.. It can stay here.

Chris

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Discrate on 10-09-2005 at 03:59 AM

can somene tell me how going on a forum for years make u depressed im not bein rude or anything but im just asking?

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by RebelSean on 10-09-2005 at 04:11 AM

I never got to get to know you, you were here while I was not able to post on the forums. But if you must leave, and feel it will make you feel better, then I hope the best for you.

Bye babe.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by user44571 on 10-09-2005 at 04:13 AM

bye bye Joa :cry:

* user44571 will miss you...:'(
this wont stop me from getting the FBI to track you down...

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Chrono on 10-09-2005 at 05:06 AM

Well, i had the chance to talk to you about this, so yeah... i told you everything i had to say :chrongue:

I'll miss you :sad:. But if it's for your own good that you have to leave, then do it :). You are a wonderful girl, never forget that :)

Take care and good luck :wink:

Chrono.

PS: i still pwn you 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
inja!
kung fu!!! :chrongue:
quote:
Originally posted by joelm
can somene tell me how going on a forum for years make u depressed im not bein rude or anything but im just asking?
did you read the post? :P She hasnt been on the forums for years, and she said that her depression was not related to the forums.
RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Weyzza on 10-09-2005 at 05:25 AM

Hello Joa,

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but you're being "weird" :p
Wait... you really are weird :tongue:

I know the forums are really cool.
Same with you, these are the first forums I know.

It sure is a great loss for all of us.
You've been really nice and helped us in many different ways.
Anyway, I hope you get well soon, and then come back again :)

I hope I didn't say anything wrong (yn)
If there is, I apologize.

P.S.: I think I'll never forget your favorite emo: :cheesy: :p

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Carbinedevil on 10-09-2005 at 05:37 AM

Bye :(

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Ash_ on 10-09-2005 at 05:47 AM

yeh, we didn't really speak much, but i saw from your posts that your a nice girl :P, get well soon and have a nice life :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by DragonX on 10-09-2005 at 06:26 AM

Joa, I wish you the best in life and hope that all will turn out well for you. Never forget to keep that chin up and always have a big smile on your face. Take care!

These forums won't be the same without you!

DragonX

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by haydos on 10-09-2005 at 06:34 AM

Wow its really sad to see this happen to such a great member:(
You are going to be widely missed by everybody who has seen you post, have a great life:)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by segosa on 10-09-2005 at 07:00 AM

I didn't know you that well, but I hope everything turns out okay in your life (Y) You'll definitely be missed.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Pinchichuv on 10-09-2005 at 07:34 AM

Joa i hope that everythings gets better, some times life is like a rollercoster its was his ups and downs, and you always have friends to be with you when something its bad, well miss you a lot.

Bye

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Mentality on 10-09-2005 at 08:40 AM

Good Luck With Everything. Bye Joa!!!

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by shine on 10-09-2005 at 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear that Joa .. But you are the right person to decide what you do. So All The Best (y).. Take care

We know you will come back one day... Our doors are open.... and remember the Username & Passowrd :grin:

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by John Anderton on 10-09-2005 at 08:44 AM

Bye joa :cry:
We will miss ya :kiss:

Hope all goes well for you :)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Underlord on 10-09-2005 at 09:27 AM

I didn't know you that well either, but i hope things turn out alright.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Plik on 10-09-2005 at 12:43 PM

bye joa, you'll be missed. I hope everything turns out alright for you

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by buzz on 10-09-2005 at 01:41 PM

Bye Joa, i hope you get better

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by ~INVASION~ on 10-09-2005 at 03:53 PM

bye :), i guess we still have msn :)

will miss you

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Negro_Joe on 10-09-2005 at 04:01 PM

It nice that so many poeple are giving you support, well miss you...:'(

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Sunshine on 10-28-2005 at 11:04 AM

OMG, i can't believe i missed this thread, now i feel bad.

Joa :'(

One of the few new (female) members who was actually really good...i saw you becomming a truly good helper. Anyways, i hope you get well soon....all the best...

Hugs,
Sunshine

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by FrozenDaggers on 10-28-2005 at 12:24 PM

I didn't know you that well either, but I hope things go okay. I'm pretty sure things will get better with time.

xx

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by paperless on 10-28-2005 at 01:23 PM

Its not isnane and ahrd to hapen at all.

I have myself felt way too addicted to this forums and internet in general, my save was that i had a 3 month vacation that i forgot about everything realted to comps and internet has i was having more fun than being on the PC all the time.

I still use most of my free time in the comp but now i realise there are better things to do and i feel like i live in two different worlds and i can get the best of both if i want to.

See what i mean? You need to have fun, try to find something more enjoyable and if you can, go to another city for some time ( to a relative home or something )

GL and see you..in the next life ( if you really really dont come back to the forums ) ;)

BTW, this shouldnt be a sad momment for us but a happy one, she is leaving but its for her own good, when she gets better ( and that means no depression anymore ) she will probably be able to come back without making this forum her life or something.

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Pipish on 10-29-2005 at 08:17 AM

I never actually spoke to you alone once but i can see from the way you act that you are a kind and caring person and i'm sorry to hear this news good luck in life:)

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Anubis on 10-29-2005 at 01:48 PM

I missed this thread also. Joa, I'm so sorry you're going through depression. Get well soon

RE: hi... a bit of truth. by Val on 10-29-2005 at 02:17 PM

omg i missed this thread too :( I hope you get better and thanks for always helping :) I hope you get better and read this message, and i speak for all of us when i say we will always remeber you and will miss you forever,
Bibi Joa, Now you have a whole world to discover,
And i wish you the very best.
ValSpy