Shoutbox

realign audio/video - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: realign audio/video (/showthread.php?tid=51557)

realign audio/video by NiteMare on 10-09-2005 at 04:51 AM

does anybody know how to realign audio and video on a movie that the audio has slown down slightly or something so that the sound no longer matches the persons lips, right now the video i downloaded starts out fine but as it goes on it gets worse and worse, its now up to like 1 second difference from when you hear some one say something and when you see them say it

RE: realign audio/video by -dt- on 10-09-2005 at 07:20 AM

Im sure virtualdub can do this if i remember correctly.

RE: realign audio/video by multimillion2k on 10-09-2005 at 10:47 AM

It sounds as if the video isn't running at the correct frame rate - if you don't know what it should be I think virtualdub can calculate it by matching the audio length to the video length.

(The other possibility is someone reencoded the audio using a source with a variable bitrate - you'll know if this is the case if the audio drifts in and out of sync. I'm not sure how to solve this one.)

RE: realign audio/video by segosa on 10-09-2005 at 01:05 PM

If you play the video with VideoLAN (www.videolan.org) you can adjust it by a certain amount of milliseconds when you need to.

(If what you downloaded was the TCM release of Lost S02E03, you might want to adjust by -500 ms every 10 minutes or so.. or better yet, download the repack or LOL release)