Shoutbox

Gamers Keyboard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Gamers Keyboard (/showthread.php?tid=51576)

Gamers Keyboard by SikStyles on 10-09-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Logitech today announced the G15 keyboard which is aimed at serious PC gamers. This is the first member in the G-series family of gaming-grade peripherals and it features a built-in auxiliary LCD display, 18 programmable keys and software, making it easy to set up custom commands for every game. The adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD can be programmed to display vital in-game information, or data from other applications, without interrupting game play....

read more on http://www.dvhardware.net/article6341.html

Personally i wouldnt want this kind of keyboard..
RE: Gamers Keyboard by Eljay on 10-09-2005 at 04:35 PM

i dont even look at my keyboard so i dont see the point

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Nathan on 10-09-2005 at 04:36 PM

For a second i thought it was  that keyboard when ecah key on the keyboard is a colour lcd screen! :@ I'm disapointed, why can't they bring out that keyboard isnstead of this one!

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Eljay on 10-09-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
For a second i thought it was  that keyboard when ecah key on the keyboard is a colour lcd screen! :@ I'm disapointed, why can't they bring out that keyboard isnstead of this one!

1. that wasnt logitech
2. that keyboard was only a limited batch
3. still dont see the point :P
RE: Gamers Keyboard by SikStyles on 10-09-2005 at 04:44 PM

i know, whats the difference if you have an LCD screen that says stuff for example how many bullets you have, you just go all out and hope you hit the target

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Plik on 10-09-2005 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak

1. that wasnt logitech
2. that keyboard was only a limited batch
3. still dont see the point :P

That keyboard hasnt been made yet :-/ the images are a concept and its in production now.
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
i know, whats the difference if you have an LCD screen that says stuff for example how many bullets you have, you just go all out and hope you hit someone :P
Knowing that stuffs good if you play seriously, for example playing couter strike and your about to rush a room, you need to make sure you dont just have one bullet left otherwise your stuffed.
RE: Gamers Keyboard by evil_panda on 10-09-2005 at 04:50 PM

I want one purely to play CSS on :P

RE: Gamers Keyboard by -dt- on 10-09-2005 at 05:26 PM

lol my friend has been drooling over that.

looks too big for my likeing

RE: Gamers Keyboard by [MR] on 10-09-2005 at 05:27 PM

i think it looks ugly

RE: Gamers Keyboard by user27089 on 10-09-2005 at 05:37 PM

It looks pretty cool, but I can't really see the point, if you're playing a game, then you haven't got time to keep looking at a little screen on your keyboard... The only time I ever look at my keyboard is when I am cleaning it or something... It would be a waste of money to a lot of people...

RE: Gamers Keyboard by t1a0s on 10-09-2005 at 05:42 PM

With most of games, it already says what you really need to know (e.g amount of bullets left) in one of the corners anyway. It'd put me off the game if i kept having to look at the keyboard.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by paperless on 10-09-2005 at 05:45 PM

Ive seen this a week ago.

Ireally like it though yeah the little LCD screen wouldnt be useful while ingame but it couild be useful for other stuff.

Like while you are waiting for the game to tsrat again in AAO and check the clock, not for the number of nades, thats useless.

Retroiluminated keys is very nice tho not for the usability but because its pretty.

TYHe location of the extra keys sucks very badly and i wouldnt use them, just for some rare cases.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by SikStyles on 10-09-2005 at 08:31 PM

it can also show conversations, Instant messages, on that screen but still i wouldnt buy it as i said before

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Negro_Joe on 10-09-2005 at 08:34 PM

looks like a control panel of a star trek spaceship...:P

i wouldnt get it either...its all on the screen....:D

RE: Gamers Keyboard by fishybobbins on 10-09-2005 at 08:55 PM

I think it would be good for stealth games but not good for fast paced FPS's.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Jimcando on 10-09-2005 at 10:05 PM

I would want one purely because it's better than the keyboard I have now. All I've got at the moment is a crappy Microsoft one. And it looks crap :(

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Ezra on 10-09-2005 at 10:11 PM

They should make an LCARS keyboard system :P

Just make a touchscreen-board :P

So have a lcd-screen with a keyboard config on it, and let the touch part see what keys you click :)

This way you can easily change your layout and do whatever you want :P

Make it change into a syntesizer or something :lol:

RE: Gamers Keyboard by PenguinBoy on 10-09-2005 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

So have a lcd-screen with a keyboard config on it, and let the touch part see what keys you click :)

i was thinking that, but it'd be too fiddly, my fatty hands would just fumble allover the place if i didn't have substantial keys to press. though i maybe touch screen keyboard would work :D.
RE: Gamers Keyboard by Negro_Joe on 10-10-2005 at 11:38 AM

i like the idea of an LCD dynamic keyboard. There probs already out in japan or something...:P

RE: Gamers Keyboard by brian on 10-10-2005 at 03:04 PM

There's a HUD in the game; care looking at it?

Anyways, atleast when looking for ingame HUD, you can see if someone "will" come.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Vilkku on 10-10-2005 at 03:07 PM

It's this one.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by lizard.boy on 10-10-2005 at 03:08 PM

i'd rather get a2x40 or 4x40 lcd display and mount it above my monitor.. i actually look there sometimes.

RE: Gamers Keyboard by Jimcando on 10-10-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

I think they made a virtual keyboard that sends a kind of hologram of the keys onto your desk and it senses where your fingers are :S
But I think it's only for mobile phones / stuff that don't have a keyboard attached
I saw it on Newsround :dodgy:
RE: Gamers Keyboard by Millenium_edition on 10-10-2005 at 04:21 PM

get a second screen and write an app which shows it in big on your second screen...

problem solved? :dodgy:

RE: Gamers Keyboard by John Anderton on 10-10-2005 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
i dont even look at my keyboard so i dont see the point