Shoutbox

Adding someone's cell phone to contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Adding someone's cell phone to contact (/showthread.php?tid=51600)

Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 01:14 AM

I recently got a message that now I can add a mobile phone to someone's contact but I didn't do it at the time and now I can't remember how I'm supposed to do it.

Anyone can tell me.

Thanks

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by qgroessl on 10-10-2005 at 01:15 AM

Click add contacts... and check the Create contact from mobile number.... That should do the trick.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 01:20 AM

When I click on add a contact I don't have the option of adding someone by cell number

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by qgroessl on 10-10-2005 at 01:20 AM

What version of MSN do you have?.... I'm running version 7.5.0299

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 01:21 AM

Same version with the new Plus also

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by mwe99 on 10-10-2005 at 01:25 AM

Right click a contact > Add a Mobile number for this contact?

Is that option missing? if so try getting the latest MNS from msn.com

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 01:26 AM

Can't do that way neither - doesn't have that option.

Perhaps I need to re-install it?  What do you think??

Thanks.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by qgroessl on 10-10-2005 at 01:32 AM

Yeah, reinstall is probably your best bet.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 01:34 AM

Ok, thanks.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Impheatus on 10-10-2005 at 01:49 AM

No, I think it is because of regional issues, I don't have that option either, I'm from Mexico.
Or maybe you should set your number first in MSNM options.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by trini on 10-10-2005 at 08:45 AM

I have the option, but the only numbers I can add are US numbers :| Most of my contacts are from Sweden or Estonia, but I can not add numbers for them :(

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by esnupe on 10-10-2005 at 10:26 AM

Yes, you're right. I connecto from Portugal and I only have the option to add US numbers in one PC that I have confugured with US English and no option at all from the office pC where I have Windows and other stuff configured in Portuguese. I remember that with ICQ I had the option to add a "non ICQ" contact, meaning I could simply add a phone/cell contact. It's quite a shame.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-10-2005 at 07:00 PM

Not sure what the problem is but I'm from Montreal and I had this option and out of the blue I don't have it any more.  I have uninstalled and re-installed and same thing.  I have version 7.5.0306

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by CookieRevised on 10-10-2005 at 11:13 PM

To be usefull this feature needs to send SMS's. This means it needs to have a local SMS server to work with. Hence this feature depends heavly on the local availability of SMS servers.

Of course this also isn't free. MS (or any other company for that matter) wont pay big cash especially for you to send an SMS. If there isn't a local operator in your country which provide such SMS services you wont have the feature and it also will be useless to add contacts like that (since you would never be able to use them)...

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by esnupe on 10-11-2005 at 08:27 AM

Ok, here's the thing: I have my family and a couple of friends who also live in Lisbon and they can be reached through sms. How they did this? Simply by publishing their numbers. Now the problem we're talking here is different: "I" am the one who wants to add a cell contact and I don't seem to be able to do that.

RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact by Kally on 10-11-2005 at 05:17 PM

Cookie Revised - I think you have misunderstood the thread.  Obviously you need SMS to do this and I think that was understood.  Also if you will re-read the thread you will notice that it states that this options was available to me so it doesn't explain why all of a sudden I don't have this option. 

All I want to do is add a contact with a cell phone number (mobile Number) - I know this option exists and it was in 7.5 but for some reason it is no longer appearing.  I guess the question is does everyone else have it?  Is it just my MSN or is everyone have a problem with this?

Maybe it's an MSN problem - who knows.

Thanks.