Shoutbox

Boss Protectino help... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Boss Protectino help... (/showthread.php?tid=51605)

Boss Protectino help... by frankgzz on 10-10-2005 at 05:12 AM

I got a question, I hope someone can help me, When I try to use Boss Protection, after pressing the shortcut key, it always just minimized all thw messenger windows, but it doesnt dissapear them as it supposed to, and the task bar icon doesnt change either....what may be wrong?

RE: Boss Protectino help... by Stigmata on 10-10-2005 at 06:30 AM

Once in boss protection mode:

in your tray, near the clock etc, you should see a network drive symbol:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=549055]

Double click on that icon for messenger to reappear

RE: Boss Protectino help... by Impheatus on 10-10-2005 at 01:17 PM

I don't think that is his problem, he is saying that boss protection is not working at all, check it out:

quote:
Originally posted by frankgzz
...and the task bar icon doesnt change either....what may be wrong?

RE: Boss Protectino help... by PatrickKL on 10-10-2005 at 02:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by frankgzz
I got a question, I hope someone can help me, When I try to use Boss Protection, after pressing the shortcut key, it always just minimized all thw messenger windows, but it doesnt dissapear them as it supposed to, and the task bar icon doesnt change either....what may be wrong?

i have the same problem!!! can anybody help??
RE: Boss Protectino help... by frankgzz on 10-10-2005 at 10:01 PM

In deed, the boss protection doesnt work at all.. please help!

RE: Boss Protectino help... by mwe99 on 10-10-2005 at 10:16 PM

Have you enabled it in preferences > privacy?

RE: Boss Protectino help... by qgroessl on 10-11-2005 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Impheatus
Yeah, have you?
I have no problem with it at all, it is working as it should.

Not for me either... I use boss protection occasionally... but mostly messenger lock... I have it set up right... but MSN doesn't even minimize or anything.... The shortcut is ctrl+shift+B, but it's still no good whenever I try and use it... Any help?
RE: Boss Protectino help... by EvilSeph on 10-11-2005 at 03:00 AM

Hello and welcome to the Messenger Plus!'s Support Forums, frankgzz!

In order to assist you, we'll need a lot more information than what you've provided us with. For example, your MSN Messenger version number, Messenger Plus! version number, Windows version (XP, 98, 2000, etc) and so on. Also, it would help if we knew the setup of your computer. Whether you have add-ons, plugins etc. installed. Most importantly, whether you have patched MSN Messenger.

Though my response may sound generic, it is really a key element when providing you with the highest quality support we can, which you deserve.

Please take the time to answer my questions so that we can assist you and/or inform Patchou, with detail, of the problem - so that he can fix it. Not only does detail help us help you, but it helps Patchou find and fix bugs.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. To the community: We're on the 7th post, 8th including mine, and no one has asked the basic questions yet? What's happened to the high-quality support we give? *sigh*. Really disappointing..

RE: Boss Protectino help... by frankgzz on 10-11-2005 at 03:51 AM

Yes it is activated in the privacy tab, My MSN  version number is 7.0.0816 my msg plus version is 3.61.145 I have Windows XP and I have only install a patch that lets your run multiple messenger at once, but hardly ever use it. Thanks for all your helo guys...

RE: Boss Protectino help... by Toups on 10-12-2005 at 05:48 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem....i use the shortcut, and it just minimizes the windows but not making them "hidden" as it were...as for the details:

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0299
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.61.0145

RE: Boss Protectino help... by matty on 10-12-2005 at 05:53 PM

Are you guys using Polygamy at all? Have you tried restarting MSN Messenger or your computer it might just be a temporary problem.

RE: Boss Protectino help... by mwe99 on 10-12-2005 at 06:04 PM

I actually get the problem occasionally, try to reinstall msgplus and it should be fine again.,