Shoutbox

9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend (/showthread.php?tid=51615)

9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Supersonicdarky on 10-10-2005 at 01:46 PM

quote:
"Me and Queenie was playing ball," said Jane Pearl, 9. "We started fighting. I grabbed the knife. She was standing near to me. I know the knife is dangerous. I jabbed it in her direction. It went into Queenie," she sobbed as her lawyer comforted her. Jane, with her family watching, refused the right to a trial and pleaded guilty to 2nd deg. manslaughter in the slaying of her 11 year old friend. When asked if she had anything else to say she said yes and cried "I'm sorry!" sobbing uncontrollably. "Maybe she was sorry. Her and Queenie were friends for a long time," said Queenie's grandmother. "It still doesn't bring Queenie back, no matter how sorry she was." Jane will have psychiatric evaluation before she is sentenced.

:| these stories about kids just get worse and worse... :|
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by user27089 on 10-10-2005 at 02:48 PM

I know, what is the world coming to when a 9 year old kills her best friend?!

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by -dt- on 10-10-2005 at 02:55 PM

.... that is insane

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by brian on 10-10-2005 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
.... that is insane

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by absorbation on 10-10-2005 at 03:14 PM

I would let her off, this would ruin her life from word go and she is sorry and the age says it all :S

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by user27089 on 10-10-2005 at 03:16 PM

How can you really know that though, how do you know that she is trully sorry, regardless if she is 9 years old, children like that can have secrets and lie, can't you rembemer being that age... Her whole life won't be ruined, she will have to pay for what she did, and once she is out, she'll be about 18 I would say, and get some qualifications etc, because she will be old enough for college...

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by saralk on 10-10-2005 at 04:01 PM

she will get qualifications in her detention centre, as they still teach the people there. A lot of people who go to youth detention centres turn out to be very smart and succesful.

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Millenium_edition on 10-10-2005 at 04:04 PM

haha! that's what you get when you have a bad education.

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by YottabyteWizard on 10-10-2005 at 04:10 PM

Crazy kid. Nowadays no one cares ot ESRB rates :@, also some T games should M and same problem with movies.

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by John Anderton on 10-10-2005 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
quote:
.... that is insane

And is this the start of those "I heard / read this news in the paper / on a site" thread revolutions. It sux :(

Plz only post nice relevant news like the "Bush: God told me to attack Iraq" ones :P

You get these type of news almost everyday .... you cant post everything here :-/ Plz post the good selected ones (meaning no "$random[1] did / said something to $random[2]" type of threads please :-/

Well thats just how i fell :P
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by albert on 10-10-2005 at 04:12 PM

:s this whole thing is freaky

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by toddiot on 10-10-2005 at 04:12 PM

wow that's crazy.

I'm not sure. Just because she said sorry, she still killed someone.

quote:
Jane will have psychiatric evaluation before she is sentenced.

She probably needs it, too :D
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by -dt- on 10-10-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Crazy kid. Nowadays no one cares ot ESRB rates [Image: msn_mad.gif], also some T games should M and same problem with movies.

http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by RebelSean on 10-11-2005 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

Hardly. At age 9 ones mind is still developing at a rapid rate. At age 9, I doubt that a child knows how much damage a knife can do to someone. Yes, she probably knew it would hurt her friend, but I seriously doubt that she knew it would actually kill her. I doubt her intentions were to kill her friend, but to stop her friend from trying to get the ball.

I do believe I've read this story a few months back :undecided:.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by qgroessl on 10-11-2005 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I would let her off, this would ruin her life from word go and she is sorry and the age says it all :S

Agreed.... her whole life is screwed if she gets put in detention center... The only thing she'd get outta that would be an education. She's never learn how to make friends... and the only friends she'd get were people who were down the wrong road in life in the first place... At nine years old she has a lot to learn... not just math, and core subjects like that, but she still needs to learn things about life... Including that what she did was wrong...

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
2nd deg. manslaughter

Disagree... She did kill the person... I think there's still an easier type of charge that they could've charged her with (am I wrong). They should've given her the least harsh charge, that way she could spend the least amount of time, but still get her "time out"... as a nine year old would say.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by brian on 10-11-2005 at 02:03 AM

It gives you 165 damage in the back with one stab; and in the face or any part, 65 for each hit, so if you knife someone, better off knifing him from the back!

</cssource>

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Facta on 10-11-2005 at 02:19 AM

i think she doesnt know the magnitude of what she did...
but omg... a 9 yr old...

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by myrtle on 10-11-2005 at 08:23 AM

reminds me of 6 yr old Michael Myers in Halloween who killed her elder sister.

RE: RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Supersonicdarky on 10-11-2005 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
You get these type of news almost everyday .... you cant post everything here :-/ Plz post the good selected ones (meaning no "$random[1] did / said something to $random[2]" type of threads please :-/

Well thats just how i fell :P

I do choose good ones, look a the amout of replies :)

if i posted all stories, it would be about 5 a day :P
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by L. Coyote on 10-11-2005 at 11:26 AM

quote:
True. If, at age 6 and on, you don't know people can die if you harm them, then someone forgot to taught you about death and doing wrong...

quote:
I know the knife is dangerous.
That tells a lot about the incident... She knew it was dangerous, she did have some bad intentions...
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by John Anderton on 10-11-2005 at 01:19 PM

quote:
It gives you 165 damage in the back with one stab; and in the face or any part, 65 for each hit, so if you knife someone, better off knifing him from the back!

</cssource>
Yeah but dont you wanna rather take out your pistol and head shot him :refuck: Unless there are 4 guys and you are alone 8-) Still they will prolly hear you newayz :P

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
That tells a lot about the incident... She knew it was dangerous, she did have some bad intentions...
True 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
I do choose good ones, look a the amout of replies

if i posted all stories, it would be about 5 a day
..... :tongue:
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Negro_Joe on 10-11-2005 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How can you really know that though, how do you know that she is trully sorry, regardless if she is 9 years old, children like that can have secrets and lie, can't you rembemer being that age... Her whole life won't be ruined, she will have to pay for what she did, and once she is out, she'll be about 18 I would say, and get some qualifications etc, because she will be old enough for college...

how the hell can yous ay that? children that old would not be able to lie that well....anyhow prison would be worse then letting her go...

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by John Anderton on 10-11-2005 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
how the hell can yous ay that? children that old would not be able to lie that well....anyhow prison would be worse then letting her go...

Maybbe but she atleast needs to be treated :dodgy: If she can kill why cant she lie :dodgy: All of us may have lied at some point when we are kids but none of us (hopefully 8-) :P) killed anyone so ...... see my point ??
RE: RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by ~INVASION~ on 10-11-2005 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
quote:
.... that is insane

its tragic when things like this take place
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by -rafy- on 10-11-2005 at 01:39 PM

legally she can not be committed of a criminal offense, or have it placed on her criminal record.

3 elements are required to prove such a crime. Mens Rea, Actus Reus, and Causation.

A child less than 10 in judged to not to be able to have the element of mens rea (The guilty mind. i.e they conciously knew what they were doing) and therefore any case must be dismissed by the judge / jury

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Millenium_edition on 10-11-2005 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Hardly. At age 9 ones mind is still developing at a rapid rate. At age 9, I doubt that a child knows how much damage a knife can do to someone. Yes, she probably knew it would hurt her friend, but I seriously doubt that she knew it would actually kill her. I doubt her intentions were to kill her friend, but to stop her friend from trying to get the ball.
maybe in america... i'm sorry but my little brother is five and he knows he shouldn't even try to point a knife at someone... not to say he has a good education, but at least he knows what's deadly. besides, what kind of parents are you to let your children play with knives lying around?
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Negro_Joe on 10-11-2005 at 08:45 PM

TBH we dont know the circumstances so we cant really blame the parents..i doubt the child wanted to kill her and i think this will probably affect her, and affect the rest of her life....

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by MeEtc on 10-11-2005 at 08:47 PM

does anyone have a link back to the original story?

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by RebelSean on 10-12-2005 at 02:14 AM

quote:
quote:
maybe in america... i'm sorry but my little brother is five and he knows he shouldn't even try to point a knife at someone... not to say he has a good education, but at least he knows what's deadly. besides, what kind of parents are you to let your children play with knives lying around?

Let me ask you this, how come in alot of "discussions" I've seen you say "only in America" or something in means of that? I mean, it's not just Americans doing things like this. Look at the idiot a while back who took an ax to someones head for stealing a beer. I could go on about stories that happen that are bizare as this that happened in other countries.

Back on topic now...

How can you blame the parents, or to say that they let the child play with knives? I mean, we all forget things, and maybe the parents forgot to put a knive away. True, you should be more carefull when you leave things out that children are playing by. But it's not everyday you see a child pick up a knife and stab someone. Sure, the child knew what she was doing is wrong, but do you think she know the consequences of her actions? Do you think that every mother sits down with her child, gets a knive and shows the child the knive and explains what could happen if you tried to harm someone with it? Maybe they do, but I highly doubt they know what it means or can comprehend the extent of the damage it can do.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by SikStyles on 10-12-2005 at 02:21 AM

wow this is crazy, i know im staying away from people who get angry and have a knife near them..

where did she get the knife anyway ^o) was it next to it also?

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by ShawnZ on 10-12-2005 at 02:24 AM

quote:

it makes more sense that shes 9, because as she said she just knows that a knife is dangerous and probably just wanted to scare/threaten her.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by DJeX on 10-12-2005 at 02:53 AM

quote:

It is only going to get worse.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by WDZ on 10-12-2005 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
does anyone have a link back to the original story?
Take your pick: http://news.google.com/news?q="Me and Queenie was playing ball"

That quote makes me laugh... :tongue:
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by ShawnZ on 10-12-2005 at 03:53 AM

New! Get the latest news on Me-and-Queenie-was-playing-ball with Google Alerts.

:rofl:

RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Pipish on 10-12-2005 at 07:26 AM

quote:
dude thats not funny thtas just sick she probly saw it on tv or sumthing thats crazy i wonder what her parents do!
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by Millenium_edition on 10-12-2005 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Let me ask you this, how come in alot of "discussions" I've seen you say "only in America" or something in means of that? I mean, it's not just Americans doing things like this. Look at the idiot a while back who took an ax to someones head for stealing a beer. I could go on about stories that happen that are bizare as this that happened in other countries.
"maybe in america" was a sarcastic comment... :wink:
quote:
How can you blame the parents, or to say that they let the child play with knives? I mean, we all forget things, and maybe the parents forgot to put a knive away. True, you should be more carefull when you leave things out that children are playing by. But it's not everyday you see a child pick up a knife and stab someone. Sure, the child knew what she was doing is wrong, but do you think she know the consequences of her actions?
as a parent you should think about everything, hell, you're not a parent for nothing... it's not a matter of the kid knowing the consequences, it's a matter of the parents telling the kid to not fucking play with knives.
quote:
Do you think that every mother sits down with her child, gets a knive and shows the child the knive and explains what could happen if you tried to harm someone with it? Maybe they do, but I highly doubt they know what it means or can comprehend the extent of the damage it can do.
i'm going to ignore the way you completely proved your first argument wrong...
i'm not saying that they should explain every single part, but IMO a kid should know that things cut and does damage. broken glass, guns, and yes, KNIVES. it's not hard. then fucking do it.
RE: 9-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Stabbing Her Best Friend by dotNorma on 10-12-2005 at 12:41 PM

Thats a shame :-/