Shoutbox

Museum of Media Hostory - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Museum of Media Hostory (/showthread.php?tid=51618)

Museum of Media Hostory by Supersonicdarky on 10-10-2005 at 03:42 PM

http://mccd.udc.es/orihuela/epic/ols-master.html

Weird stuf... :S

How much of it is true and is likely to happen?

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by Jimcando on 10-10-2005 at 04:11 PM

:S
I don't doubt Google will one day want to rule our lives.

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by CookieRevised on 10-10-2005 at 10:50 PM

However, the striking thing about that video is how true it is and how carefully it depicts the major events on the net which everybody is "victim" of.

It can both freigthen and warn you. The Internet isn't something lifeless anymore, it is a entity on its own. Everybody who uses the net is victim to its information stream. The internet sucks up everything you do and you must be very carefull on what you do online. A small thing, something you think of as non-trivial, can lead to mass information and abuse (eg: you send a chain mail, accidently adding all your friends mail addresses in a visible CC field... spam starts...).

The net "logs" everything which happen today, and even what has happened. Not only on a global scale, but also on a very extremely personal scale, even stuff you want to forget about (Even today I find references, photo's, etc of what I posted and did almost 10 years ago!).

Nothing is private anymore on the net...

Another thing the video nicely depicts. The few major brand names or the popular things like bloggers, friend-networks, etc. Again, everybody who uses the net regulary falls victim for it... And even (personal) information from people who never used 'the net' is available...

I really like that video for what and how it shows (note, this doesn't mean I like the forecasts it makes; I like how the video is setup, how it shows things, in what context, and above all the underlying tone and message of it...); it is an excellent example of what the net is and what it can become. The future depicted in the video isn't scifi, it is perfectly possible...

That video is serious food for thought... But don't be fooled by it; on the surface it seems like they say that Google will rule all. But this is only the surface, it could have been any brand name. The true underlying message is much richer and far more interesting: What is the net? How is it that everything (globally, but above all personally) is logged and put in the giant information stream database which the net is? Where will it end? Can the world as we know it exist without the net?

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by guanako on 10-11-2005 at 01:52 AM

wow:| really good facts, i think Google is really gonna go really far but not over the edge, but pretty cool video (Y)

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by myrtle on 10-11-2005 at 08:25 AM

google has been coming up with new things like every week

google earth
google moon
google videos

what about google your sperm count?

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by -dt- on 10-11-2005 at 08:36 AM

Old but good :P

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/741.html

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by user27089 on 10-11-2005 at 08:39 AM

I have seen this before, it is pretty good...

I think Google will become a major part in our lives definitely...

RE: Museum of Media Hostory by Negro_Joe on 10-11-2005 at 12:27 PM

ohhh :S...google will start making babys soon..you know that wierd film with the kids with white hair..its like that. :P