Shoutbox

Txt Msg Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Txt Msg Problem (/showthread.php?tid=51625)

Txt Msg Problem by Jurassic_Ice on 10-10-2005 at 06:53 PM

I know this has nothing to do with msg plus but i was wondering if you guys can help me with my text messanging problem. on msn, people can send me txt messages, but now for somereason, when they send it, it takes liek 5 hours to send, why is that? anyone else have this problem? or had?

plz help

RE: Txt Msg Problem by t1a0s on 10-10-2005 at 07:25 PM

If you are using the built in text messaging service on MSN, you should e-mail customer support, they'll have the best chance of helping you.

EDIT: Maybe this thread would be better in the MSN/Windows Messenger forum

RE: Txt Msg Problem by CookieRevised on 10-10-2005 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
I know this has nothing to do with msg plus but i was wondering if you guys can help me with my text messanging problem. on msn, people can send me txt messages, but now for somereason, when they send it, it takes liek 5 hours to send, why is that? anyone else have this problem? or had?

plz help
Text messages are send thru SMS servers (text messaging servers). These are independant of the MSN servers and have actually nothing todo with MSN (it is only in the last step in the chain that the SMS servers send the messages to the MSN servers).

Those SMS servers are from your (or rather your contact's) local phone provider (hence the text-messaging service in MSN Messenger isn't available for everyone).

Such SMS servers are known to experience lag when there is much traffic on them (eg: with new years eve this is most apparent) or when they are under maintenance... It could also be possible that text messaging thru the MSN Messenger servers has a lower priority than normal 'phone-to-phone' text messages and thus are put later in the queue.