Shoutbox

Event Log Question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Event Log Question (/showthread.php?tid=51658)

Event Log Question by salepelletier2002 on 10-11-2005 at 01:09 PM

Hey, I'm new here, and I just recently downloaded Messenger Plus version 3.61.145.  I love the added features, but I had a question about the event log window.  I searched the forums first, but I couldn't find anything that was as specific as the question I had.

Ok, so when I signed on to MSN this morning, I saw one of my contacts go offline just as I signed on.  In the contact information, it shows the contact as going offline 1 minute ago or so.  But if I open the event log window, it does not show any record of this contact having gone offline.  Does that mean they were never online this morning?  Could it be that this person came online after I turned off my computer last night, and it's just showing them as going offline now?  I guess I'm just wondering if the contact was actually online now, or if it was just updating from last night?

Sorry if this is confusing, I just don't know how better to explain it.  Any help would be great!

RE: Event Log Question by RaceProUK on 10-12-2005 at 12:56 PM

The Event Log responds to events, hence the name. I'm guessing that the Contact Info is inaccurate in this case, because your contact will have already signed out before you signed in. The fact you noticed this was probably the result of the contact list synchronising with the server.

Basically, nothing to worry about ;)

RE: Event Log Question by salepelletier2002 on 10-14-2005 at 03:16 AM

Thanks for the help!  I figured the Event Log Window is probably more accurate than the contact information, but I just wanted to make sure. 

RE: Event Log Question by DJKAL on 10-16-2005 at 04:57 PM

hey, i cant help sorry :( but i am wondering abaout this matter too, when ever  i check my event log window it is blank, any reasons why?

RE: RE: Event Log Question by trini on 10-17-2005 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
hey, i cant help sorry :( but i am wondering abaout this matter too, when ever  i check my event log window it is blank, any reasons why?

Preferences-Logging-Event Logging, is the box Record all messenger events in a file checked?
RE: Event Log Question by DJKAL on 10-17-2005 at 07:18 PM

they arent set to save in a file but on the old version of plus they would just log it in the event log window

RE: Event Log Question by matty on 10-17-2005 at 08:32 PM

Normally when the event log window is blank even when there are events that "should" be recorded its because Plus! is logging those events for another Messenger session on your computer instead. If you have multiple MSN Messengers running (polygamy) then the last account that is signed on will have the events logged properly. (If you have Windows Messenger running in the background, msmsgs.exe in the task manager shown, then Plus! is probably trying to log that instead.) The workaround is to infact open the event log asap and close it and Plus! should properly log the events. Anything problems that deal with multiple MSN Messengers being run Patchou wont fix (as long as it works when there is only one MSN Messenger running) since he doesn't really support the use of polygamy.