Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ (/showthread.php?tid=51662)

Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by §naKeEye§ on 10-11-2005 at 02:55 PM

I'm using Messenger Plus v3.61.145 and ICQ 2003b Build 3916

I have discovered that after enabling the 'Automatically group all my chats' option for tabbed chats in messenger plus, icq has problems, like freezing or shutting down. Disable the tabbed chat option in plus and icq works fine

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by kittymew on 10-12-2005 at 04:16 AM

I'm using ICQ5 and run both at same times and i have no problems..maybe update your ICQ?

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by Hank on 10-12-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by $nakeEye$
I'm using Messenger Plus v3.61.145 and ICQ 2003b Build 3916

I have discovered that after enabling the 'Automatically group all my chats' option for tabbed chats in messenger plus, icq has problems, like freezing or shutting down. Disable the tabbed chat option in plus and icq works fine

why r u using 2003?  get ICQ5 , isnt as heavy on resources as 2003 or others were or are,  am if you dont like the ads in 5 go to www.icq-4u.com an look for ad-cracks
RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by §naKeEye§ on 10-12-2005 at 05:41 AM

icq5 is gay. im sure many people still use the pro version

and since its only a problem with tabbed chats option it shouldnt be hard to fix ?  let patchou decide

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by Hank on 10-12-2005 at 05:50 AM

it has nothing to do with Messenger Plus being at fault, my guess,

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by Patchou on 10-12-2005 at 05:13 PM

There's no reason why Messenger Plus! should interfere with ICQ but I'll check it out. Thanks for reporting.

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by §naKeEye§ on 10-13-2005 at 05:50 AM

just a note to patchou...  the problem occurs on the first few startups of icq when the plus option is already enabled. if icq doesnt shut down by itself then task manager is needed to kill the process. and if icq has managed to start properly then itll work fine until next start

RE: Messenger Plus Interferes with ICQ by §naKeEye§ on 10-16-2005 at 11:20 AM

as it turns out, its not just the tabbed chat option causing it.  after a fresh install of my system, icq still has problems after installing Messenger Plus v3.61.145.  theres no problem when using previous versions of plus