Shoutbox

Emoticons.. they don't show? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Emoticons.. they don't show? (/showthread.php?tid=51677)

Emoticons.. they don't show? by Shadows_death69 on 10-11-2005 at 10:11 PM

Well first off, HELLO! I haven't been here in over a year and it feels good to post. Anyways after installing Messenger Plus! the emoticons in peoples names didn't show in conversation windows. I don't really know whats going on but there must be some option somewhere to fix it?

RE: Emoticons.. they don't show? by mwe99 on 10-11-2005 at 10:20 PM

Conversation window

tools > show emoticons

RE: Emoticons.. they don't show? by Shadows_death69 on 10-11-2005 at 10:25 PM

Already checked =\\.

RE: Emoticons.. they don't show? by Impheatus on 10-11-2005 at 10:30 PM

Are you sure that this problem appeared AFTER installing MsgPlus! ?
As usual, tell us your MSNM version, MsgPlus! version, Windows version and other plug-ins/add-ons you have installed.

RE: Emoticons.. they don't show? by CookieRevised on 10-11-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadows_death69
Well first off, HELLO! I haven't been here in over a year and it feels good to post. Anyways after installing Messenger Plus! the emoticons in peoples names didn't show in conversation windows. I don't really know whats going on but there must be some option somewhere to fix it?
You most likely have the Plus! custom names feature enabled. If you enable this feature, emoticons will not be shown in custom names because of how the custom name feature works (it tricks msn messenger into thinking it is showing email adresses)...

It surprises me that you ask this though, since you're a long time member and have been here for more than a year. This issue is as old as the custom names feature in Plus! and has been discussed a lot over the years and even comes up regulary in other topics...