Shoutbox

News About Stuffplug-NG - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: News About Stuffplug-NG (/showthread.php?tid=51696)

News About Stuffplug-NG by Hank on 10-12-2005 at 07:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by StuffPlug News
Hi,

Let me start off with the sad announcement. The ad-removal and custom search engine features will be stripped from

future versions of Stuffplug. This is because I started to realise that to keep MSN Messenger a free service, ads

will be necesarry to fund it. If you really insist on removing the ads, I suggest you check out MessPatch, available

at Mess.be.

But to make up for this, I also have a few positive announcements. The new website is almost finished, and I must

say it's turning out really nice. I decided to take out the popup ad, and the whole thing is slightly better

organised smile.gif Stuffplug itself will also get a new and shiny interface, and will advance to version 3. I also

decided to drop the NG (next generation) prefix from the name, as the oldest stuffplug (that it had to differentiate

from) is no longer actively used smile.gif
A new feature that I have been working on is webcam recording. No, I'm not talking about taking snapshots of the

webcam section, but actual recording! It's not entirely finished yet, but you can see a movie I recorded with it

here.
I do not yet have a release date planned for this new version and layout, but I will keep you informed!

Bye,
TB
Posted by TheBlasphemer on September 30, 2005

http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=news
RE: News About Stuffplug-NG by lordy on 10-12-2005 at 08:56 AM

im suprised this hadnt been posted b4 lol, its been up 4 ages!

RE: News About Stuffplug-NG by Hank on 10-12-2005 at 08:58 AM

i just looked, but doesnt suprise me TB is taking it out, but he has a Point, 

RE: News About Stuffplug-NG by John Anderton on 10-12-2005 at 09:42 AM

You need to replace a few "smilie.gif" 's with the appropriate smiley so that the text conveys the message better. And link back too the site too :P

Anyways .... i hadnt read it so thanks. The only time im on spng's site is when im checking for an update or im downloading one :P

RE: News About Stuffplug-NG by DJKAL on 10-28-2005 at 02:14 PM

cant wait for the next version of stuffplug :) tis gunna be cool - specially the webcam recording :P
he new site will be cool to :)
keep up the awsome work!
THANKS!!!!

RE: RE: News About Stuffplug-NG by The_Joker on 10-28-2005 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
cant wait for the next version of stuffplug :) tis gunna be cool - specially the webcam recording :P
he new site will be cool to :)
keep up the awsome work!
THANKS!!!!

lol, u'll have to keep w8ing.
check out the new announcement: Tankwars + Sorry.