Shoutbox

Desktop Contact Suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Desktop Contact Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=51718)

Desktop Contact Suggestion by kierant on 10-12-2005 at 06:49 PM

Hi, I've a suggestion for the floating contacts that I would find very useful. I haven't searched (sorry) because I'm in a hurry.

Occasionally a desktop contact is covering something such as the minimize/maximize/close buttons or something else which may need to be clicked. Rather than having to move the desktop contact to be able to click the item behind it, it would be very useful if a key could be pressed (i.e CTRL or Shift) that when the cursor hovers over the floating contact it overrides the default highlight and effectively 'ignores' that it is there...therefore being able to click on the desired item behind.

Can this be done?

RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion by guanako on 10-13-2005 at 01:17 AM

well u could just stik you desktop contact to the desktop so they are not on top all the time or put them in a place where they wont interfered like at the bottom of the screen

RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion by qgroessl on 10-13-2005 at 01:34 AM

Only problem with that is that you can't see them all the time... I like the idea.... if it's possible that'd be really sweet! I love desktop contacts, but I also hate having to move my things around just to click something, cause I have my desktop contacts "locked in place"... lol.

RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion by CookieRevised on 10-13-2005 at 01:48 AM

Before I go to bed (and thus I don't have the time to post all the links, but I want to say this before this thread repeats everything): This has already been asked and discussed before. So if you want to re-discuss this, please find the previous thread(s) ;)

RE: RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion by kierant on 10-13-2005 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Before I go to bed (and thus I don't have the time to post all the links, but I want to say this before this thread repeats everything): This has already been asked and discussed before. So if you want to re-discuss this, please find the previous thread(s) ;)

I've just got back (and am no longer in such a hurry :P) and have found this thread that suggests exactly the same thing. However, there are no solutions.