Shoutbox

This is gettin ridiculus.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: This is gettin ridiculus.. (/showthread.php?tid=51732)

This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-13-2005 at 03:40 AM

I was watching TV when i saw a new ORAL-B commercial, a new toothbrush is out..Oral-B Triumph to be exact and can you you belive it, this toothbrush an onboard computer, with a screen!
Now i think this is going a bit too far. It may be good toothbrush but a toothbrush is a toothbrush after all...
What do you guys think?

Click the link to get the Features of the toothbrush Oral-B Triumph

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by expert on 10-13-2005 at 03:55 AM

lol it adjust to your gum sensitivity:dodgy:

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by DragonX on 10-13-2005 at 03:58 AM

Never thought i'd see the day where i'd have "Brushing Stats" lol

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by RebelSean on 10-13-2005 at 04:00 AM

Onboard computer? It looks to me, a small LCD screen with a clock and  a few lines of text you can enter. Not bad, the technology looks cool. I guess it's time to get one of these babies and get rid of my 7000 series :p.

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by YottabyteWizard on 10-13-2005 at 04:12 AM

holy lord, I'm expecting a germ counter, and a germ killing laser with a built-in lcd touch screen.

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by Pipish on 10-13-2005 at 05:10 AM

Lol  that is hellarious does it brush your teeth for you while you walk

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by Aeryn on 10-13-2005 at 08:26 AM

I love Oral-B toothbrushes. (L) :P

Although I agree, this is getting a bit too far. I really don't think I'd need a 'computer' in a toothbrush. The computer inside my skull should be good enough... *-) :P

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by Negro_Joe on 10-13-2005 at 09:07 AM

that is stupid....

My god, im happy with my normal electric one....:P

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by L. Coyote on 10-13-2005 at 10:27 AM

:banana: Normal toothbrushes rock...

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by CookieRevised on 10-13-2005 at 10:27 AM

If you read the features, it isn't that stupid at all.

This 'build in computer' you speak of, is a simple control that let you choose different settings for the brush head, something like 'slow', 'normal', 'fast'...

The extra stuff, eg: you can simply see how long you're brushing (as 2 min is the recommended time), is something very good for many people. Time yourself without looking at a clock, many people often brush much to short, especially children.

Also, the head of the brush gets dirty (of course). Is it that rediculus that the thoothbrush will warn you when it is time to replace the head?

IMO, not rediculus at all and certainly not that "build in super-computer which also makes you a cup of coffee and cleans out your room"...

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by ~INVASION~ on 10-13-2005 at 10:35 AM

i like it, everything now a days is getting to be like this so why not toothbrushes, will help out ppl for sure

and cmon, how kool would it be to say that your toothbrush can wipe your ass, ok maybe not that far but its still worth something to gloat about :P

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by L. Coyote on 10-13-2005 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
how kool would it be to say that your toothbrush can wipe your ass
And after that you brush your teeth... :P Great breath!
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by emit on 10-13-2005 at 11:20 AM

Vibrating toothbrushes are a cheap alternative to a vibrator. Girls know what I mean.

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-13-2005 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you read the features, it isn't that stupid at all.

This 'build in computer' you speak of, is a simple control that let you choose different settings for the brush head, something like 'slow', 'normal', 'fast'...

The extra stuff, eg: you can simply see how long you're brushing (as 2 min is the recommended time), is something very good for many people. Time yourself without looking at a clock, many people often brush much to short, especially children.

Also, the head of the brush gets dirty (of course). Is it that rediculus that the thoothbrush will warn you when it is time to replace the head?

IMO, not rediculus at all and certainly not that "build in super-computer which also makes you a cup of coffee and cleans out your room"...

ok all that but come on its a toothbrush and IMO there are more things out there that need this advancing rather more than toothbrushes, it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO. I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by CookieRevised on 10-13-2005 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
ok all that but come on its a toothbrush and IMO there are more things out there that need this advancing rather more than toothbrushes
I highly doubt Oral B is going to quit making toothbrushes and instead starting to develop those "other things"... Oral B is a company that makes toothbrushes, therefore they improve the stuff they make, not other stuff...

quote:
it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO.
There is nothing "too far" about it (well, maybe the price is), and those functions are very basic...

eg: 10 years ago, when the first electric toothbrush was made, you could have got one with a slider button which had 4 states: off, slow, normal, fast. This has simply been replaced by a small chip and 1 button, nothing bloated at all.

And this also happens in many, many household equipments. This is the exact same thing as the digital kitchen clock instead of the old thing you need to wind-up, nothing more

You let it sound like it is a 5Ghz lequid cooled super-computer...

quote:
I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
:rolleyes: be a bit more realistic...
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by DragonX on 10-13-2005 at 10:41 PM

quote:

a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
:lol: that would be sweet (for us lazy programmers ;))

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Vibrating toothbrushes are a cheap alternative to a vibrator. Girls know what I mean.
Now only girls with a bf bad in the sack would need that :P

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-13-2005 at 11:07 PM

quote:
quote:

it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO.

There is nothing "too far" about it (well, maybe the price is), and those functions are very basic...

eg: 10 years ago, when the first electric toothbrush was made, you could have got one with a slider button which had 4 states: off, slow, normal, fast. This has simply been replaced by a small chip and 1 button, nothing bloated at all.

And this also happens in many, many household equipments. This is the exact same thing as the digital kitchen clock instead of the old thing you need to wind-up, nothing more

You let it sound like it is a 5Ghz lequid cooled super-computer...

well ok im not going to argue against improving things but maybe improving the size/shape/material of the brush itself, i mean i've had many toothbrushes in different shapes and they all do the same job, i brush for 2 minutes, brush the same way with every toothbrush but still get the same result...

quote:
quote:

I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?

be a bit more realistic...

why? You never know. There could be a new toothbrush where you sit down and the device has a mouthpiece with the U-shape, so you just put it your mouth and press the button and the brushes on the U-Shape brush your teeth on the sides and top while you can sit down and lets say if you are a girl you can do your make up or do any kinds of stuff..
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-13-2005 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamykitty
I could just imagine myself standing there at my Dressing table doing my hair while all this toothpaste goop runs out the corner of my mouth:D ..though i think if a device was availiable I would try...
  I tried to slip my jeans on with one hand and brush my teeth at same time once  it got a little messy~!:o)

well no problem, there could be a cup or something of that kind under the chin so whatever drips, drips onto to the cup :P
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by mwe99 on 10-13-2005 at 11:21 PM

well modern day technology evolves daily :D

for example the text kettle they invented... you text it to tell it to boil

toothbrushes have fancy goods to make them sell better... and to play pinball for the brushing time :D (i wish)

RE: RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by CookieRevised on 10-14-2005 at 12:06 AM

quote:
well ok im not going to argue against improving things but maybe improving the size/shape/material of the brush itself, i mean i've had many toothbrushes in different shapes and they all do the same job, i brush for 2 minutes, brush the same way with every toothbrush but still get the same result...
they improve the size/shape/material all the time...

quote:
why? You never know. There could be a new toothbrush where you sit down and the device has a mouthpiece with the U-shape, so you just put it your mouth and press the button and the brushes on the U-Shape brush your teeth on the sides and top while you can sit down and lets say if you are a girl you can do your make up or do any kinds of stuff..
That's not exactly a toothbrush anymore is it? Btw, such things exist (but they aren't electronic devices like you describe them; they are simply mouthpieces which you need to put some pasta on and hold it in for x minutes, or overnight or whatever; and it doesn't dribble :p)...
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by guanako on 10-14-2005 at 12:45 AM

i bet it tells you "you have bad breath" too :P, iwould buy it if i had money :D

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by ShawnZ on 10-14-2005 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
Lol  that is hellarious does it brush your teeth for you while you walk

The question is, does it even brush teeth?
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-14-2005 at 01:20 AM

quote:
That's not exactly a toothbrush anymore is it?

yes it is, it has a brushes attached to it which makes it a toothbrush, and the brushes are connected to a mouthpiece which has little gears in it what turn the brushes .. this is a great idea ^o) im not gonna tell more, maybe someone will steal my idea
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by Weyzza on 10-14-2005 at 01:42 AM

quote:
That's not exactly a toothbrush anymore is it? Btw, such things exist (but they aren't electronic devices like you describe them; they are simply mouthpieces which you need to put some pasta on and hold it in for x minutes, or overnight or whatever; and it doesn't dribble :p)...
Reminds me of cellphones nowadays. The function of cellphone is slowly drifting away from the real function which is to contact someone wirelessly anytime, anywhere.

Cellphones now are all-in-one devices, from sending text messages (like a pager) to an iPod-like device (right, you can play songs using iTunes on your phone http://www.apple.com/itunes/mobile/)
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by albert on 10-14-2005 at 03:07 AM

79 cents toothbrush from JeanCoutu

Sticking with it!

RE: RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by guanako on 10-14-2005 at 04:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
79 cents toothbrush from JeanCoutu

Sticking with it!

good one:lol:
i have a spining one only $3 , battery every 4 months, even dho u change toohbrush every 6 months :P

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-14-2005 at 04:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
even dho u change toohbrush every 6 months

actually 2 months :P
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by expert on 10-14-2005 at 05:00 AM

quote:
quote:

* expert wonders how dirty his toothbrush
* expert just got a new one:P
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by guanako on 10-14-2005 at 05:03 AM

quote:
quote:

well 6 here :P or whenever u feel they dont clean anymore, or you lose them :D
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by SikStyles on 10-14-2005 at 02:37 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

well 6 here :P or whenever u feel they dont clean anymore, or you lose them :D

its actaully said all over the world that 2 months, i dont know where you got 6 months from? :P maybe they did tell you i dont know
RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by user27089 on 10-14-2005 at 02:57 PM

I'm happy with just my normal OralB toothbrush (electric), it cleans my teeth and my retainer just fine :).

RE: This is gettin ridiculus.. by YottabyteWizard on 10-14-2005 at 03:55 PM

I'm happy with my good ol' non-electric toothbrush :refuck: