Shoutbox

Improvements for Italian translation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Improvements for Italian translation (/showthread.php?tid=51734)

Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-13-2005 at 08:32 AM

Hi,
I'd like to improve italian translation of Messenger Plus! because there are several grammatical errors...

In the about screen I see "OneZero" and "SKApretto n.71" as italian translators but their last visits here (from their profiles) are 1 year ago for OneZero and several months ago for SKApretto...

so... are there other translators for italian?

who translated latest plus versions?

thanks for the info

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-18-2005 at 07:37 AM

mmm... translated by ghosts? eheh :)

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-24-2005 at 07:16 AM

Patchou, please can you help me? :(

Luigi (from this forum) and Me would like to become official italian translators if nobody else is doing that...

thanks in advance :)

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by Luigi on 10-24-2005 at 06:45 PM

* Luigi confirms.

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by matty on 10-24-2005 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
In the about screen I see "OneZero" and "SKApretto n.71" as italian translators but their last visits here (from their profiles) are 1 year ago for OneZero and several months ago for SKApretto...
quote:
mmm... translated by ghosts? eheh :)
They don't have to frequent the forums to be translators.. Patchou would simply pass along an email to them with Plus! and they email it back for translating.
RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-28-2005 at 11:00 PM

Thanks matty... but if they never visit the official plus forum... how can I suggest corrections? hehehe :P

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by ShawnZ on 10-29-2005 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Thanks matty... but it they never visit the official plus forum... how can I suggest corrections? hehehe :P

....by suggesting them to us and patchou or another translator/tester can send the changes?
RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-29-2005 at 01:32 PM

there are several grammatical errors... suggest them one by one is very long work using the scheme explained by Patchou (it's useful when you want to fix just some words)... it's easier to fix the translation in the ini file directly saving it and posting it here...

but I don't know if I can modify language file because there are already official translators for that...

this is why I ask for becoming official translator but Patchou never answered me...

any other translator can explain me what I have to do to become official translator?

thanks in advance :)

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by CookieRevised on 10-29-2005 at 02:01 PM

It is up to the already official translators, not up to Patchou. Contact the official translators and ask them if you can join the ranks.

If you are unable to contact those translators, you could send a mail to Patchou asking him to forward your message to these translators.

---------------

quote:
there are several grammatical errors... suggest them one by one is very long work using the scheme explained by Patchou (it's useful when you want to fix just some words)... it's easier to fix the translation in the ini file directly saving it and posting it here...
About how many mistakes are we talking about? I mean, the proper scheme could well be used for "several" errors:

[topic1]
key1=wrong blahblahblah
key1=good blahblahblah
key2=wrong blahblahblah
key2=good blahblahblah

[topic2]
key1=wrong blahblahblah
key1=good blahblahblah

etc...

I've made many big posts like that in the past. True, it does take a bit of work but it is very well possible. The scheme can be perfectly be used for such things. You could even leave the red lines out. The point of the scheme is to have a reference (where the fault is) and the correction or at least an indication what the fault is.

You don't have to do what is explained letter by letter to follow the scheme. The scheme is a method which can be adapted slightly to make it more practical in these specific cases.

example of this case:
CookieRevised's reply to 'ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)'

Though, the scheme doesn't work and isn't practical if more then half the translation is wrong, so to speak. Or if you want to show technical errors which depend on various topics or keys at the same time (eg: widespread ampersand collisions).

example of this case:
CookieRevised's reply to 'Russian'
RE: Improvements for Italian translation by Patchou on 10-29-2005 at 06:06 PM

Please email me at mplus@patchou.com and I'll put you in contact with the other italian translators. Thank you for your help :).

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 10-29-2005 at 08:23 PM

really thanks Patchou, I will mail you :)

thanks to Cookie too for his help ;)

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 11-07-2005 at 11:46 AM

Patchou...ehm... on october 29 I sent you the email but no-one answered me 'till now... :(

Did you receive my message? :)

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 01-09-2006 at 09:57 AM

mmm... still no news :P

I want to offer my time to translate new plus! live add-on too

Patchou can I mail you again?

Thanks ;)

RE: RE: Improvements for Italian translation by CookieRevised on 01-09-2006 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by giken
mmm... still no news :P

I want to offer my time to translate new plus! live add-on too

Patchou can I mail you again?

Thanks ;)

He's currently very busy (with programming the new Messenger Plus! Live), but if you indeed didn't got any response or something, I'm sure you could mail Patchou again. He wont bite your nose off for doing it ;) (I hope :p.... j/k ;))
RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 01-10-2006 at 08:10 AM

eheheh ... I'll try :P

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by {ESO} on 01-11-2006 at 01:00 PM

Patchou, if you have need, I would want translate the new one plus! for WLM. Contact me... ;) tnks

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by SKApretto n.71 on 01-18-2006 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by giken
Hi,
I'd like to improve italian translation of Messenger Plus! because there are several grammatical errors...

so... are there other translators for italian?

who translated latest plus versions?

thanks for the info

I do translated it, and I'm very happy to get you in for the corrections you want to make.
I do not read the forum quite often, but neverthless work with Patchou on the transaltion.

Please leave me your address (may me as PM if you prefers).
Welcome onboard!!!
RE: Improvements for Italian translation by giken on 01-20-2006 at 06:21 PM

Happy to see your answer ;)

Add me, my msn is giken@hotmail.it

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by Gabryriden on 01-27-2006 at 11:33 AM

I can help with MsgPlus italian translation...!!!!
gabry

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by GioSoul on 04-10-2006 at 09:08 AM

I wanna be a translatorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... (italian translator :D) like giken (that didn't answer me on MSN :( ) and Luigi
:P

—•»GioSoul

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by Luigi on 05-21-2006 at 04:43 PM

Well, actually I am not a Plus! Translator, but Giken is (lucky man :D).

RE: Improvements for Italian translation by GioSoul on 05-21-2006 at 10:39 PM

I know :o
Now I'm an italian translator, too... :P

bye ;)