Shoutbox

Tabbed Convo Issue - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Convo Issue (/showthread.php?tid=51761)

Tabbed Convo Issue by auer on 10-13-2005 at 08:42 PM

MSN Version 7.5
Messenger Plus! Version 3.61.145
Running WinXP

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem:

When in tabbed mode, and hovering over a contact's tab, a tooltip appears in about 0.5 seconds stating contact's name, email, and when the last message was received.

Unfortunately the tooltip border appears right under the mouse, so when trying to select the contact's tab, you end up clicking the tooltip border instead of the tab. Sometimes you can dodge it, but not always. In any case, it's a bit annoying. Let me note that if you click on the tooltip body, there's no problem - the tooltip is ignored and the contact's tab is rightfuly selected. The problem is only with the border, and this is what appears by default under the mouse. I hope this is clear.

Simple solutions would be either to make the tooltip appear after a longer time, or to make the tooltip appear clear of the mouse.

Thanks dude!

RE: Tabbed Convo Issue by Stigmata on 10-13-2005 at 08:47 PM

a dont get a tooltip at all :S

RE: Tabbed Convo Issue by SikStyles on 10-14-2005 at 05:07 AM

i dont have tooltips either, maybe you can post a screenie so you can show us?

RE: Tabbed Convo Issue by ddunk on 10-14-2005 at 05:11 AM

The tooltips look like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=550933]

But for me, they appear at the bottom of the cursor. Are you using some weird custom cursors or visual styles, auer?

RE: Tabbed Convo Issue by auer on 10-15-2005 at 06:20 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank you Ddunk, you were right. I was using Stardock's CursorXP, and it caused the problem. I disabled CursorXP and now it appears out of the way, like yours. Still kinda weird that some people don't have tooltips?

RE: Tabbed Convo Issue by Doorknob on 10-16-2005 at 03:32 AM

interesting how a lot of stardock apps are conflicting with the newest msgplus...