Shoutbox

Avatars, sigs and Adobe... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... (/showthread.php?tid=51817)

Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by stoshrocket on 10-15-2005 at 12:16 PM

okies, i am redesignin my sig, ie just creating a new one, and going to create an avatar to go with it, but i dont know what program to use, ive got adobe photoshop 7.0 but am not that good, can anyone recommend any good tutorials for it maybe?? or a better program i could aquire maybe??

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by brian on 10-15-2005 at 12:17 PM

Get Adobe Photoshop CS2 if you can, and for tutorials visit http://www.pixel2life.com and http://www.good-tutorials.com

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by absorbation on 10-15-2005 at 12:19 PM

I suggest fireworks :) i hate photoshop it 's slow and has alot of photo editing content and i find fireworks good for graphic materials. Anyway that is my view :)

I could make you one if your not that good ;)

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by stoshrocket on 10-15-2005 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I suggest fireworks :) i hate photoshop it 's slow and has alot of photo editing content and i find fireworks good for graphic materials. Anyway that is my view :)

I could make you one if your not that good ;)

hmmm.... fireworks eh? you'll make me one eh? erm... as much as i'm tempted i am going to resist and do it myself,  thanks for offering anyway!! i'll just get fireworks thank-you!!!!111!!!!one!!1
right, im in fireworks and am designing my new signature, but can't get it so that it blends out, like yours absorbtion, it always comes up as just a block of white around the 'glow' and 'drop shadow' instead of belending into the transparent bg, any suggestions??
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by Eljay on 10-15-2005 at 01:10 PM

export as "PNG 32"

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by stoshrocket on 10-15-2005 at 01:11 PM

quote:
export as "PNG 32"

You wha?? how do i do that? you forget im not that good and have only just got fireworks....
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by SikStyles on 10-15-2005 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
Get Adobe Photoshop CS2

you dont need CS2, this can all be done perfectly on 7.0. I've seen a lot of artist who use Photoshop 7.0 rather than CS2 or CS, so Methos2 stick with what you have, visit the tutorial sites Brian gave you and just do something, you learn as you go :)
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by Eljay on 10-15-2005 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
You wha?? how do i do that? you forget im not that good and have only just got fireworks....

File > Image Preview > select "PNG 32" from dropdown box "Format" and hit export
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by stoshrocket on 10-15-2005 at 01:35 PM

hmm.... ive uplaoded it now, it seemed to work doin the png thing, but again, i can't see the pic on my sig, can any1 else??

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by mwe99 on 10-15-2005 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
hmm.... ive uplaoded it now, it seemed to work doin the png thing, but again, i can't see the pic on my sig, can any1 else??

you seem to have had this problem before, try clearing your cache

Tools > IE Options > Delete Files (Temp Internet)

And to answer your question, yes i can see your signature.
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by absorbation on 10-15-2005 at 02:09 PM

ok png32 is the best quality however is not compatible with IE tranparent wise :(

but IE 7 fixes this, if you want to have tranparency use a gif with no glowing or shadows and it should work fine but select the dither option as you export for better quality :)

In image preview in fireworks 8 ;)

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by CookieRevised on 10-15-2005 at 03:05 PM

Methos2, your sig is far too large...

Why don't you simply remove the (rediculus wide) glow and the unneeded alpha transparency in the picture itself, all together (ans save it as a gif).
- Your sig will become a more decent size
- Picture size will be _a lot_ smaller
- Filesize will be _a lot_ smaller
- You wont have any troubles with MSIE compatibility
- You can serioulsy reduce the colors, again reducing filesize even more
- etc...

;)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=551528]

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by stoshrocket on 10-15-2005 at 04:08 PM

cool, thnx man

RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by qune on 10-21-2005 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
you seem to have had this problem before, try clearing your cache

Tools > IE Options > Delete Files (Temp Internet)

as for this you can just simply refresh the page without caching by CTRL+F5...
RE: Avatars, sigs and Adobe... by Supersonicdarky on 10-21-2005 at 11:28 AM

but if you want ti have the transparency that ie doesn't support, you can make 2 images (1 for ie 1 for other browsers) and i can make a script that will show 1 image in ie and another in other browsers ;)