Shoutbox

Feature request, no smilies in contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Feature request, no smilies in contact list (/showthread.php?tid=51846)

Feature request, no smilies in contact list by sebjlan on 10-16-2005 at 09:04 AM

Hi,

Great work on Msg Plus!

I am very annoyed by the smilies in the contact list in MSN Messenger 7.5. Would you consider making it possible to disable these in Msg Plus?

So instead of for instance a ":D" it just displays a colon and a D

Thank you

RE: Feature request, no smilies in contact list by Sunshine on 10-16-2005 at 09:08 AM

You can disable them already with customnames (make use of customnames limitation) ;)

You don't even have to give them a name, to keep the contacts own name, set the customname to (!N)

How to set customnames:
Rightclick a contact's name > Messenger Plus! extras > rename contact
or Plus > preferences > contactlist > custom names (this is also where you enable customnames if not enabled already).

RE: Feature request, no smilies in contact list by sebjlan on 10-16-2005 at 09:19 AM

I don't want to have to set a name for each and every contact I have. My feature request would be much easier and simpler, I think.

:)

RE: Feature request, no smilies in contact list by Sunshine on 10-16-2005 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sebjlan
I don't want to have to set a name for each and every contact I have. My feature request would be much easier and simpler, I think.

:)
You could also sort on e-mail (wich basicly is what customnames does): Contacts > manage contacts > view contacts  by....e-mail adress
Only by doing this you will actually see their e-mailadresses and not their own name (or wichever name you set) as you can set with customnames.
RE: Feature request, no smilies in contact list by haydos on 10-16-2005 at 09:24 AM

It wouldnt take an extremely long time and you would only have to do it once. You can simply copy/paste the text (!N) into the contsct custom name for each contact.

Yes your request would be easier but if Patchou added every small feature ever requested Plus! would be absolutely massive with a lot of features used by few people

RE: Feature request, no smilies in contact list by sebjlan on 10-16-2005 at 09:27 AM

I guess I'll have to accept it.
Thanks for your help. ;)