Shoutbox

tabbed chat - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: tabbed chat (/showthread.php?tid=51854)

tabbed chat by cozmic1988 on 10-16-2005 at 04:32 PM

if i'm talking to someone, and someone else starts a convo with me then it appears on the tab fine. The problem comes when i change to that convo, the window minimises! When i maximise the window it's fine. It's annoying as it happens to EVERYONE who starts a conversation with me when i'm chatting to someone else.

anyone know why this is or how to fix it?

C x

Windows XP x64 Edition
MSN Messenger 7.5
Messenger Plus! 3.61.145

It's not patched with anything, and i don't use any Windows skinning programs.

C x

RE: tabbed chat by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 05:02 PM

yeah...

quote:
Originally posted by cozmic1988
reckon it has anything to do with the fact i use x64?
Might well be possible.

Plus! wasn't designed nor tested for 64 bit Windows. It was designed for 32 bit systems...

So all sort of things could happen on 64bit Windows. Although some people have reported to be able to run Plus! fine on 64bit, but not many.
RE: tabbed chat by cozmic1988 on 10-16-2005 at 05:05 PM

i've been able to run it perfectly fine until this latest release. however, the only problem with the latest release is the tabbing system. i LOVE the idea, and i use it despite the problem, but it does get annoying.

C x

RE: tabbed chat by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:
i've been able to run it perfectly fine until this latest release. however, the only problem with the latest release is the tabbing system.
Did you have Messenger Plus! version 3.60.144 before this (on Win64) ? If so, did the tabbed/grouped conversation feature worked in that version?

RE: tabbed chat by cozmic1988 on 10-16-2005 at 05:24 PM

this is the first version i've used that has featured tabbed browsing. i can't remember what my previous version was.

DJKAL, i find the tabbed browsing implentation excellent. the problem i'm having with minimising is the ONLY bit i don't like about it.

C x

RE: tabbed chat by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 05:31 PM

quote:
this is the first version i've used that has featured tabbed browsing. i can't remember what my previous version was.
Ah, ok, I was just curious. I asked it because 3.60.144 was actually the first version with tabbed conversations. So if that version worked, it would have been an indicator that something has changed since then and maybe Patchou could had fix it back somehow so it worked again on Win64.

But as for now, the only thing you can do is to wait until Messenger Plus! becomes fully compatible with Win64 or that Patchou's sees this thread and is able to make a quickfix for it in the next update, if that is at all possible that is.

RE: tabbed chat by Patchou on 10-17-2005 at 03:08 AM

Your problem is very strange, thank you for reporting it. Do you use any kind of window management software such as Winblind or another thing that helps you skin your windows? those generally interfere with the Plus! tab feature.

RE: tabbed chat by cozmic1988 on 10-17-2005 at 04:53 PM

no, i don't use any skinning applications or window management software.

C x