Shoutbox

the old plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: the old plus (/showthread.php?tid=51863)

the old plus by Ciarophie on 10-16-2005 at 07:33 PM

hey.
i had Messenger Plus for agez and loved it...but then i downloaded the new one and it messed up my laptop! :( so i had to clean out my comp and it gave me loadsa virus's and wat not. and now i just want the old one...cuz i (l) that one!! now i tried to download the old one but it wont let me...just the new one which i hate! somebody gimme a site r something! i hav withdrawl symtoms!!

RE: the old plus by mwe99 on 10-16-2005 at 07:35 PM

Right, Messenger Plus does not contain nor does it even optionally contain viruses. Therefore you should update your virus definitions as you have got this virus from somewhere else.

Again i emphasise Messenger Plus does NOT contain any types of virus.

RE: the old plus by absorbation on 10-16-2005 at 07:38 PM

I have justed finshed the sponsor videoes which will explain all I assure you the new one would be safter than your old due to bug fixes :)

RE: the old plus by Chrono on 10-16-2005 at 07:41 PM

it does contain an optional sponsor program though, which you probably installed by accident. It will install some adware and a search bar in your internet explorer.

You said you already removed the adware, so i would suggest you to try Messenger Plus! again. This time, though, be careful during the setup and read every line on it, so you will not miss it again. The sponsor program is completely optional :), and it has been there since version 2.x of Messenger plus!.

RE: the old plus by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 07:43 PM

There is absolutely no difference in Messenger Plus! between the "old" and "new", in context of the optional sponsor.

You had, and always will have, a choice to install the optional sponsor or not. And apparently you have choosen to install the optional adware sponsor when you updated. Which is rather odd because the choice is made extremely clear to you so you don't do this by accident (far more clearer then in the old setup)...

The optional sponsor is adware, not spyware, not a virus, but adware. If you have installed it, you could simply removed it by uninstalling Plus! by going to add/remove programs in Windows (where every other program is which you can uninstall).

You shouldn't have had to use any anti-virus scanner, anti-spyware scanner or what not (like Adaware) to remove the sponsor as that would have broken the proper uninstallment. The logic way would be to first look into add/remove programs to find an uninstaller of the program you want to remove...

---------

Thus, downloading the old one will absolutely make no difference and will not help you at all. Instead, download the current one and properly read the setup screens...

[Image: mp360_sponsor1.gif]