Shoutbox

starting a convo via the contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: starting a convo via the contact list (/showthread.php?tid=51873)

starting a convo via the contact list by Lou on 10-16-2005 at 11:50 PM

Ok well usually I could start a conversation by double clicking someones msn name in the conversation window...well now I have to click 20 times and that sometimes doesnt even work...so I have to right click and select send an im message...can anyone help?

RE: starting a convo via the contact list by cardshark on 10-17-2005 at 03:53 AM

It's entirely possible that your mouse speed got set very high, causing you to have to click over and over until you get it fast enough to open the window. Other than that, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, but I'll keep looking for other options short of reinstalling Messenger and the like.

RE: starting a convo via the contact list by CookieRevised on 10-17-2005 at 07:59 AM

This indeed sounds like your left mouse button is doing strange stuff (or no stuff at all). Beside a too high double click speed...

- ...it is also possible that the microswitch inside your mouse is dirty or even damaged.
- or that some program is interfearing with mouseclicks,
- or that your mouse driver is getting buggy/damaged,
- or that your wireless mouse batteries are getting low,
- etc...

Do you experience problems in other programs where you need to double click?

To check this all out, the easiest thing you could do is
- Open your 'Windows Config Panel'
- Select 'Mouse' (or the likes; whatever you got)
- Go to the tab 'Buttons'
- There you'll find your doubleclick speed settings, this should be set roughly in the middle for normal speed.
- Also test this speed by double clicking on the icon next to this setting.

RE: starting a convo via the contact list by Lou on 10-17-2005 at 10:33 AM

this indeed was that the mouse speed had been set at full...problem resolved....but that is seriously the weirdest thing I have ever heard of:S