Shoutbox

my erm, plugin problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: my erm, plugin problems (/showthread.php?tid=51884)

my erm, plugin problems by Raven6666 on 10-17-2005 at 08:24 AM

i've downloaded plugins but whenever i go to the installer [Image: error5ms.png] comes up, how do i fix it, btw i did try closing off msn but still no effect, if anyone knows how to fix it(from a restricted pc account) please email me at raven6666@hotmail.com

and a link to the pic is here

RE: my erm, plugin problems by CookieRevised on 10-17-2005 at 08:39 AM

How did you try to close msn messenger?

Simply closing the main window (thus contactlist) and all convo's doesn't close down msn messenger. It still is running.

To close down msn messenger you need to right click on its icon in the traybar and choose "exit"...

To make sure it is closed, type CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at the 'processes' tab. There shouldn't be any entry of 'msnmsgr.exe'.

RE: my erm, plugin problems by RaceProUK on 10-19-2005 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There shouldn't be any entry of 'msnmsgr.exe'.
Or 'msmsgs.exe', which is Windows Messenger.
RE: my erm, plugin problems by matty on 10-19-2005 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raven6666
from a restricted pc account
This is the problem.

Some plugins aren't designed to work on a limited account. I suggest emailing the author and asking them to update it so it can't be run on one. When its trying to install it has to put information in the Local Machine section of the registry and on a limited account you cannot do this. You can only write to the Current User section.
RE: my erm, plugin problems by Yousef on 10-19-2005 at 10:30 PM

I'm the author of the plugin :).
The message is generated by TB's installer, and you probably just need to shut down MSN Messenger just as CR suggested.

Anyway, I wouldn't be bothered installing anonymail anyway, because it actually doesn't work anymore atm. I should mail Fraisie to remove it from the DB. You can still send anonymous emails at my website though.