Shoutbox

bearshare restars C - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: bearshare restars C (/showthread.php?tid=51931)

bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 06:37 PM

ok i run bearshare and start donwloading anythin and after like 5 mins of being in it my computer restars by it self:S and it anoying because when it restars it loses anything i have donwloaded :( do anyone knows why? a virus on the bearshare network or something?

RE: bearshare restars C by MC Inferno on 10-18-2005 at 06:57 PM

try reinstalling it.

RE: bearshare restars C by Millenium_edition on 10-18-2005 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
ok i run bearshare and start donwloading anythin and after like 5 mins of being in it my computer restars by it self:S and it anoying because when it restars it loses anything i have donwloaded :( do anyone knows why? a virus on the bearshare network or something?
do you mean reboot or actually just turn off and turn back on?
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
try reinstalling it.
i don't think that's going to help.
RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 07:14 PM

it reboots. :S isnt it the same thing reboot and restar? it just booms! everything shuts down and comes back againg with the boot screen.

RE: bearshare restars C by Reaper on 10-18-2005 at 07:19 PM

have u tried scanning your computer for viruses?

RE: bearshare restars C by Millenium_edition on 10-18-2005 at 07:19 PM

sounds odd. did you recently download any low-sized executables? did you get the latest updates for your OS (to fix any potential vulnerabilities)? did you get some new software this month? do you get a message before the pc reboots?

also, weird thing is that, when you shut down your pc, it shuts down all apps and that should let bearshare save the currently downloading files. see below

you could try alternatives to the gnutella network (limewire, shareaza, gnuapp...) if bareshare fails to function

okay, so everything turns black and you get the boot screen. this might be caused by a bug in bearshare (i made my own windows system do that with a simple vb program) or by some physical damage to your hardware

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 07:23 PM

no virus i just scanned it..

i just updated windows (this used to happend even before i updated)like last week, i havent download anythin that can harm it, no new software, no message before it reboots, and i dont shut it down, it does it byt it self,  i try other p2p's but some never connect(Ares), lime wire doesnt have wat im looking for, bearsshare had everything i neede and fast downloads.

something i just remember is that when it did it the first time, i tought it was the power supply over heating cus the fan wasnt working and it got to hot and had to shut down. so i unistalled bearshare and fixed my power supply(2 days ago) so i said ok now the power supply works so it wont do it, i installed bearshare again and same thing over and over...:^)

RE: bearshare restars C by Millenium_edition on 10-18-2005 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
something i just remember is that when it did it the first time, i tought it was the power supply over heating cus the fan wasnt working and it got to hot and had to shut down. so i unistalled bearshare and fixed my power supply(2 days ago) so i said ok now the power supply works so it wont do it, i installed bearshare again and same thing over and over...
i still think this has something to do with the bearshare program itself, and not your computer (as no other programs give this error)

maybe you should consider other p2p programs (bearshare has advertisements or something in that kind, unless you pay for it).
RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 08:13 PM

yeah maybe it has to do with its 'save' thing that comes with it :( any one recomend another good p2p?

RE: bearshare restars C by matty on 10-18-2005 at 08:35 PM

Bearshare is causing a system error on your computer. There is a way to prevent it from restarting on this type of error but instead of restarting it will give you a bluescreen.

You might want to try their website to see if they have any info on it.

RE: bearshare restars C by dreaded on 10-18-2005 at 08:40 PM

What version are you installing? I would check their site and get the most recent version. And I would get bearshare lite here is the site http://www.bearshare.com/lite and here is a comparison http://www.bearshare.com/lite/downloads.htm. Lite version does not have the bundled software. I would do what I call a complete uninstall of bearshare. What I mean by that is backing up your download folder and your temp folder. Usually the temp folder is in C:\Program Files\BearShare\. If I remember correctly when you first install bearshare and run it it ask you what folder to save your downloads. As long as its not in C:\Program Files\BearShare\ the download folder should be safe. Need to backup your temp files though. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall it. Then reboot and delete the program directory for it. Usually its C:\Program Files\BearShare. I would empty your temp files and recycle bin. Ccleaner is a good program for that. Then I would run a registry checker like regseeker. I would then restart and get the lite version and install it and put back the backuped temp and download folders for bearshare. I would run http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and run sfc to. Cause this is strange imo. As far as a different program I recommend emule or shareaza. Check this site out for more p2p apps http://www.zeropaid.com/.

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 09:08 PM

im gonna try to get rid of anything related to bearshare and do a clean install of the lite version se how it goes...

RE: bearshare restars C by Reaper on 10-18-2005 at 09:33 PM

if the lite version doesnt work, other p2p clients you may enjoy may be :P:
limewire (used it before)
dc++ (my current one, a bit complicated but it does the job)

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 10:05 PM

BS :P bearshare lite seems to be working fine for now :D ill post if anything comes up...

RE: bearshare restars C by Eddie on 10-18-2005 at 10:07 PM

Bearshare free version installs adware which brings spyware which can cause alot of problems, i have switched to using Limewire a much safer program to use :) Never used the version that you pay for before, so know nothin about it :)

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-18-2005 at 11:08 PM

well as i said i tried a clean install, same thing turned out in the middle of msn with bearshre runnig in the background and then evertyhin went out :(
i'll just get rid of bearshare and stick to a new p2p thanks for all your sugestions (Y)

RE: bearshare restars C by dreaded on 10-19-2005 at 07:56 AM

Did you delete the program directory and run a regcleaner?

RE: bearshare restars C by Pipish on 10-19-2005 at 09:00 AM

Didnt you make a thread about this before i told you that bearshare is very dodgy and i do not reccomend it to anyone i have had alot of troble conecting and then downloading things i suggest you get a new downloader try winmx:)

RE: bearshare restars C by dreaded on 10-19-2005 at 10:06 AM

Dont remember anyone named Pipish replying to this thread. Winmx is dead btw. http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=921 http://www.betanews.com/article/WinMX_Shuts_Down_..._Threat/1127405971. It will not even connect without being patched http://www.slyck.com/winmx.php. Have you been to the winmx homepage lately?

[Image: winmx5uy.th.gif]

RE: bearshare restars C by evil_panda on 10-19-2005 at 10:07 AM

Samething happened to me when useing bearshare...i recomend you swap to limewire thats what i did and its very easy to work with and also easy to set up bearshare and theres another service made by the same company both are a bit worrying...go to limewire it rocks:P

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-19-2005 at 04:27 PM

i'll stick with limewier :P (Y)

RE: bearshare restars C by absorbation on 10-19-2005 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Bearshare free version installs adware which brings spyware which can cause alot of problems, i have switched to using Limewire a much safer program to use :) Never used the version that you pay for before, so know nothin about it :)

Erm adware does not bring spyware and the save adware I found friendly just one popup on the start of IE :)

You can just uninstall the adware anyway :undecided:

And i find limewire's java thingy magicy very slow and annoying. I still suggest bearshare or winmx :P
RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-19-2005 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I still suggest bearshare or winmx
dont u see everything i said about bearshare and still recomed it :P
RE: bearshare restars C by absorbation on 10-19-2005 at 04:52 PM

it's what the person i quoted said :P

RE: bearshare restars C by guanako on 10-19-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
it's what the person i quoted said :P
sure:tongue: