Shoutbox

Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! (/showthread.php?tid=52012)

Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-20-2005 at 10:21 PM

Microsoft is expanding their pool of beta participants for the Customer Experience Validation Program and the MSN Beta Program.

If you're currently an MSN Butterfly there is no need to sign up for CEV or the MSN Beta Program since you are already enrolled. The MSN beta program offers you the exclusive opportunity to test a new version of a product before it is released to the general public.

Signing up will give you the chance to be involved with testing future MSN Products including MSN Toolbar, MSN Messenger and MSN Explorer.

For a chance to become an MSN tester please visit the Microsoft Connect site and input the following invite code based on your country of residence:

Austria - AU-B86F-P6HH
Belgium - BE-BFFD-FMV7
Canada - CA-8VPP-8W8V
China - CH-4PYP-H4D4
France - FR-XJGB-JV79
Germany - GER-JJBM-9VFY
Italy - IT-3FCK-D8XM
Japan - JA-DT6D-9YCY
Korea - KO-9BV2-T2BP
Netherlands - NE-3G4X-4M84
Spain - SP-RKFT-CV2X
United Kingdom - UK-HQ69-6JBQ
United States - US-64JX-J2HJ

Signing up isn't a guarantee that you will be picked for the upcoming betas as Microsoft will only contact you if you fit the tester they're currently looking for.

Good luck

Source: Neowin.net

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Ash_ on 10-20-2005 at 10:28 PM

no australia?

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by mwe99 on 10-20-2005 at 10:37 PM

Signed and sealed :+)

Active
MSN Recruitment Program 
MSN Customer Experience Validation   
10/20/2005

:P

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-20-2005 at 10:39 PM

Apparently not :p. I'll ask around though :).

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by NiteMare on 10-20-2005 at 10:47 PM

i'm active, does that mean i'm part of teh beta testers?

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Lou on 10-20-2005 at 10:53 PM

I already had this invitation plus another one but I'm not saying which:P

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by brian on 10-20-2005 at 10:57 PM

"If you are selected as a participant, you will be sent a "Welcome" e-mail. That e-mail will contain information on how to download the software from the Microsoft Connect site."

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by guanako on 10-20-2005 at 11:00 PM

i applyed too, hope to get chosen (Y) good luck to everyone

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-20-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i'm active, does that mean i'm part of teh beta testers?

It is showing active, because you have applied to the CEV. It does not mean you are in the BETA as of yet, but if you are accepted you will be emailed.

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
I already had this invitation plus another one but I'm not saying which:P

Are you saying you got invited to MSN Messenger 8 or for the CEV? Because AFAIK, the MSN Messenger 8 BETA invites have not yet been mailed :o.
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Lou on 10-20-2005 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Are you saying you got invited to MSN Messenger 8
got the thing he just told us to have the codes for...didnt need the code it was alreayd there:P

and another thing.... wont sya what:P

[edit: turns out its just msn messenger 7.5 beta which expired, and the current beta, which like I said, I didnt need that code he posted earlier]
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by NiteMare on 10-21-2005 at 12:39 AM

the experation date says today, dose that mean if you don't apply today you can't anymore?

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-21-2005 at 12:42 AM

Sean was a bit late posting it if iot expires today

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-21-2005 at 03:48 AM

Pffft it was just posted on Neowin last night. I think you're talking about the nomination survey by the way. Also, not only that, I have a feeling that this has been known for a while now and was just found. Anyhow, if that date means that that is when the nomination is done, then yall best hurry up with signing up :p.

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-21-2005 at 08:09 AM

Australia is listed therer.. Sean prolly just left it out

quote:
Originally posted by Neowin.net

Microsoft is expanding their pool of beta participants for the Customer Experience Validation Program and the MSN

Beta Program.

If you're currently an MSN Butterfly there is no need to sign up for CEV or the MSN Beta Program since you are

already enrolled. The MSN beta program offers you the exclusive opportunity to test a new version of a product

before it is released to the general public.

Signing up will give you the chance to be involved with testing future MSN Products including MSN Toolbar, MSN

Messenger and MSN Explorer.

For a chance to become an MSN tester please visit the Microsoft Connect site and input the following invite code

based on your country of residence:

Austria - AU-B86F-P6HH
Australia - AU-X8FG-XWR9
Belgium - BE-BFFD-FMV7
Brazil - BR-MJYQ-DCRB
Canada - CA-8VPP-8W8V
China - CH-4PYP-H4D4
France - FR-XJGB-JV79
Germany - GER-JJBM-9VFY
Italy - IT-3FCK-D8XM
Israel - ISR-3H7B-F4HP
Japan - JA-DT6D-9YCY
Korea - KO-9BV2-T2BP
Netherlands - NE-3G4X-4M84
Portugal - POR-FP8C-9M9F
Spain - SP-RKFT-CV2X
United Kingdom - UK-HQ69-6JBQ
United States - US-64JX-J2HJ

Signing up isn't a guarantee that you will be picked for the upcoming betas as Microsoft will only contact you if

you fit the tester they're currently looking for.

Good luck

Microsoft Connect Sign-Up
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by J.J on 10-21-2005 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
Australia is listed therer.. Sean prolly just left it out

I think neowin updated their news after Sean posted the original, thats all

I signed up, although i aint getting my hopes up
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Discrate on 10-21-2005 at 09:06 AM

visit the Microsoft Connect site- can u give me a link and i think iv allready sighned up i had to go to thsi microsfot beta site then i had to typ in betareq for my guest idea then i took this survay?

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-21-2005 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm

always a way to findout get intouch with that Tom dude who posted it, but i cant be stuffed doing that
RE: RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Discrate on 10-21-2005 at 09:20 AM

quote:
quote:

always a way to findout get intouch with that Tom dude who posted it, but i cant be stuffed doing that

wat the heel  uno how it says quote and ti said i said - think neowin updated their news after Sean posted the original, thats all

I signed up, although i aint getting my hopes up - well i didnt say that and anyway u didnt answer my post
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-21-2005 at 09:55 AM

quote:

wat the heel  uno how it says quote and ti said i said

could you put that part in english so i understand it
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Discrate on 10-21-2005 at 10:18 AM

j

quote:
visit the Microsoft Connect site- can u give me a link and i think iv allready sighned up i had to go to thsi microsfot beta site then i had to typ in betareq for my guest idea then i took this survay?
answer that question
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by J.J on 10-21-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
wat the heel  uno how it says quote and ti said i said - think neowin updated their news after Sean posted the original, thats all

I signed up, although i aint getting my hopes up - well i didnt say that and anyway u didnt answer my post

Settle down, Animal accidentally quoted wrongly. He didn't mean it.

Also, can you please try and type proper english please, so everyone can understand what you're trying to say

quote:
j
quote:
answer that question

A please would have been nice :P

http://connect.microsoft.com/
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Discrate on 10-21-2005 at 10:43 AM

please :)

RE: RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-21-2005 at 11:00 AM

quote:
j
quote:
answer that question

still wish i understood that ,

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Animal accidentally quoted wrongly.
i dont think i quoted wrongly at all, this joel is either drunk or under something else, cause he aint making a lot of sense
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Chestah on 10-21-2005 at 11:08 AM

Yep good luck everyone :), i think anyone who participates in this community deserves to have a go and would do a good job :).

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by J.J on 10-21-2005 at 11:15 AM

quote:
i dont think i quoted wrongly at all, this joel is either drunk or under something else, cause he aint making a lot of sense

No, he isn't making alot of sence, but you did quote my text on the last page and it contained his username instead of mine. Thats why he was confused

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Yep good luck everyone :), i think anyone who participates in this community deserves to have a go and would do a good job :).

Agreed, couldn't have said it better myself Chestah
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-21-2005 at 11:45 AM

quote:

It's not using the other beta site, the beta is getting done on Microsoft Connect. Therefor instead of betareq id's you get invite id's. So, go to http://connect.microsoft.com, sign-up, log-in, and on the left side it says Invitations, then when that page loads get the invitation ID for YOUR country and stick it in there. You will then be taken to the place were you will complete a lengthy survey.

quote:
quote:

Creamhackered indeed did update his post on Neowin after I had posted. Why would you need to get in touch with him for :S?
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Max on 10-22-2005 at 08:19 AM

I am in the MSN Customer Experience Validation and the MSN Mail Beta. I wonder if I'll get an MSN Messenger 8.0 invite...

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by RebelSean on 10-23-2005 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
If you dont complete that and decline it, do you still stand a chance of beta testing Messenger...(a)

The whole point IS to take the survey to see if you are "eligible" to beta test products.
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by Hank on 10-23-2005 at 12:40 AM

quote:
No, he isn't making alot of sence, but you did quote my text on the last page and it contained his username instead of mine. Thats why he was confused

well  i dunno how that happened, its happened to me twice, once before with beamykitty to an i have no idea how that happen, maybe a Bug in the forums?
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by J.J on 10-23-2005 at 02:25 AM

quote:
quote:

well  i dunno how that happened, its happened to me twice, once before with beamykitty to an i have no idea how that happen, maybe a Bug in the forums?

[offtopic]

It occurs when you click somebodies post before you quote the person you want to quote.

[/offtopic]
RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by EvilSeph on 10-23-2005 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Signed and sealed :+)

Active
MSN Recruitment Program 
MSN Customer Experience Validation   
10/20/2005

:P

That doesn't mean anything. It is really misleading, if you'll read the site itself, you'll notice that they'll EMAIL you if you're accepted. You aren't accepted yet.

RE: Beta Test MSN Messenger v8 And Beyond, MSN Wants You! by afunnyman on 10-23-2005 at 10:53 AM

Are you saying you got invited to MSN Messenger 8 or for the CEV? Because AFAIK, the MSN Messenger 8 BETA invites have not yet been mailed