Shoutbox

XBOX 360 - Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: XBOX 360 - Live (/showthread.php?tid=52049)

XBOX 360 - Live by DJeX on 10-21-2005 at 10:49 PM

Is the XBOX 360 xbox live free? or do you still have to pay?

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by expert on 10-21-2005 at 10:58 PM

you have gold and silver and if you get gold you can play anytime and if you have siler(free) YOU GET WEEKENDS!

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by user27089 on 10-21-2005 at 11:25 PM

xbox 360 is free live, but if you get gold, then you get lots more stuffs!`

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by DJeX on 10-21-2005 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by expert
and if you have siler(free) YOU GET WEEKENDS!

thats gay! only Weekends! Bah.

Thanks!
RE: XBOX 360 - Live by user27089 on 10-21-2005 at 11:35 PM

THat is very gay.

I want xbox live forever free :sad:

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by mad_onion on 10-22-2005 at 01:00 PM

oh i dont remember anyone saying anytihng about weekends being free where did you read that?

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by Birdo on 10-22-2005 at 03:11 PM

hmm yeh. from what ive read about xbox live and the 360 release  is gunna be free all the time.. but gold member recieve more updates/downloads ect   ... but you never know. we will have and see ay

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by mad_onion on 10-22-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Birdo
hmm yeh. from what ive read about xbox live and the 360 release  is gunna be free all the time.. but gold member recieve more updates/downloads ect   ... but you never know. we will have and see ay

no im quite sure you have to pay for it. but by "it" i mean actually playing online which is obviously the main part of live. but for free you can spectate games and get new content form xbox marketplace and some other stuff like email and messenger i think. you definalty need to pay to actually play games online.
RE: XBOX 360 - Live by Negro_Joe on 10-22-2005 at 05:05 PM

no silver you can only download new levels, modes etc.

you need a gold subscription to play games.

Silver comes with the more expensive package...

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by Triple8 on 10-23-2005 at 10:22 PM

Xbox Live Silver membership: Price: free
This allows members to connect to the online community and create their own digital identity with an Xbox Live gamertag and personalized Gamer Profile. Xbox Live Silver members will be able to send and receive text and voice messages and join their friends on Xbox Live.

Xbox Live Marketplace is the one-stop download center for additional game-related content like free trailers and demos as well as content that adds more to games, such as new levels, characters and weapons. Gamers can also purchase and download fun, casual and highly addictive Xbox Live Arcade games directly to their Xbox 360 system (additional fees may apply; hard drive or memory unit required for downloads).

Xbox Live Gold membership
Subscriptions: 12 months (Price: £39.99), 3 Month (Price: £14.99), 1 month (Price: £4.99) plus subscription cards at retail and available through the Xbox Live Dashboard (via credit card)

This includes all Xbox Live Silver-level features and access to premium multiplayer experiences exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members. This includes online multiplayer gaming, enhanced matchmaking and feedback tools, along with exclusive privileges and rewards on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Credit cards will no longer be required to create an account on Xbox Live for Xbox 360, removing one of the biggest barriers to entry. Gamers can purchase 12-month Xbox Live subscription cards via cash or other payment methods at any participating retail store. Subscriptions will also be available for purchase by credit card in one-month, three-month and 12-month increments through the Xbox Live Dashboard

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by user27089 on 10-23-2005 at 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that the silver service allows you to play multiplayer games online :-/...

Gold just lets you do more...

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by lizard.boy on 10-23-2005 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'm pretty sure that the silver service allows you to play multiplayer games online :-/...

silver lets you play massivly multiplayer online games, but to play multiplayer games such as halo or whatever i belive you need gold.
RE: RE: XBOX 360 - Live by mad_onion on 10-24-2005 at 12:32 PM

quote:

no you definatly cant this was all posted on neowin quite a while ago i dont know if you read there... but no it isnt free to play multiplyer games just like the original xobx right?
RE: XBOX 360 - Live by DJeX on 10-24-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
no you definatly cant this was all posted on neowin quite a while ago i dont know if you read there... but no it isnt free to play multiplyer games just like the original xobx right?
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
quote:

silver lets you play massivly multiplayer online games, but to play multiplayer games such as halo or whatever i belive you need gold.

WOW THATS REALLY GAY! Now I have to go buy a Gold subscription just to play live when I'll be getting a silver with the dam xbox. BAH!

Any who.. will the old xbox games work with 360?
RE: XBOX 360 - Live by YottabyteWizard on 10-24-2005 at 07:58 PM

Online games aren't free nowadays :(

You should be gratefull Xbox silver is free no matter if it's on weekends.

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by lizard.boy on 10-24-2005 at 08:21 PM

its not on weekends its only for like content downloads and stuff.. and basic features. not playing multiplayer games.

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by Negro_Joe on 10-24-2005 at 08:23 PM

ok then so....

Silver=only downloadble content

gold=play games and downloadable content...

???:S:S:S???

RE: XBOX 360 - Live by DJeX on 10-24-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
The new version of Xbox Live will be much more robust allowing gamers to video chat with the 360’s optional camera, weed out annoying people from online play and feature an online marketplace that will allow you to download new game trailers and demos and purchase new content.

Xbox Live will come in two flavors. All 360’s will come with Xbox Live Silver for free, while Xbox Live Gold will require a subscription. (Your current Xbox Live subscription will transfer over seamlessly.)

Silver will let you play games online on weekends, but not during the week and will let you track and chat with friends online. You can also access a marketplace to purchase games and download demos through the Silver edition.

But if you want to play online all of the time and make use of Live’s new intelligent matchmaking you will need to subscribe to Gold.
Both versions will also support a more robust set of parental controls that will allow you to manage friends lists, file sharing and marketplace purchases.

From: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-2/the-xbox-360-103338.php

So does that mean I can transfer my xbox live subscription over and that would be like buying the Gold?
RE: XBOX 360 - Live by Triple8 on 10-27-2005 at 08:17 PM

As far as i know u will be gold if u already have paid for xblive

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

Any who.. will the old xbox games work with 360?

U need the XB360 harddrive to play old xbox games