Shoutbox

How to add music to video files? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How to add music to video files? (/showthread.php?tid=52053)

How to add music to video files? by Chrono on 10-22-2005 at 12:13 AM

Hey.

i was trying virtualdub right now and i didnt manage to add different songs to a video i was editing. What im trying to do is to add a song to the video, and when the song finishes, i want ANOTHER (different) song to start... i could only add a single audio file, but then i didnt know what to do :chrongue:.Do you know how can i do that? Even if you know how to do it with another program... ill download it :chrongue:.

RE: How to add music to video files? by dylan! on 10-22-2005 at 12:15 AM

no need to download another program:P finish your video and save it and open good ol' windows movie maker:chrongue: and add music in that:D

RE: How to add music to video files? by Chrono on 10-22-2005 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
program finish your video and save it and open good ol' windows movie maker and add music in that
i dont have windows movie maker :P. Anyway, are you sure that i can add more than 1 song with that program? :undecided:
RE: How to add music to video files? by dylan! on 10-22-2005 at 12:19 AM

positive...when u open it click on file>add soemthing to collection folder> add files and then drag the music files into it and put where desired and add video files to

RE: How to add music to video files? by Chrono on 10-22-2005 at 12:25 AM

* Chrono is using windows 2000 :cry:

Anyone else? (unless you tell me that i can download WMM for win 2000, but im sure it's just for win XP :P). Thanks dylan anyway :)

RE: How to add music to video files? by kierant on 10-22-2005 at 12:30 AM

Not really a solution - more of a 'workaround'. Could you not download a music editor program and use it to merge your desired music files into one long file and add it that way?

I can't think of any such programs off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it must be possible.

RE: How to add music to video files? by Blair on 10-22-2005 at 12:31 AM

I use Vegas 4.0 for video editing, does pretty much everything, transitions, multiple layers of video/sound etc.. i think its the kind of thing your after. im sure your intelligent enough to get your hands on a free copy :) im not sure if it runs on win 2000, but worth a look

hope it does what you want

RE: How to add music to video files? by Chrono on 10-22-2005 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Not really a solution - more of a 'workaround'. Could you not download a music editor program and use it to merge your desired music files into one long file and add it that way?
i thought about that, but there must be a better solution :lol:
RE: How to add music to video files? by Ezra on 10-22-2005 at 03:35 PM

Camtasia has a program that looks very much like Movie Maker.

Camtasia Studio

RE: How to add music to video files? by D:Frag on 10-22-2005 at 11:20 PM

WinMe came with WMM 1.0 but I'm not sure if it works on 2000.

Here's a bunch of 'free to try' video editors for Win2000, I'd recommend to try Ulead Video Studio, which has very good reviews about how easy is to learn and use and a 30 day trial :)