Shoutbox

ATI Video Card questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: ATI Video Card questions (/showthread.php?tid=52055)

ATI Video Card questions by DJeX on 10-22-2005 at 12:40 AM

Will this card http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?l...0FS10067121&catid= play games like Half Life 2, Battlefeild 2, Doom 3?

RE: ATI Video Card questions by Hank on 10-22-2005 at 01:07 AM

cant see why it wont,

RE: ATI Video Card questions by Caboose on 10-22-2005 at 01:26 AM

I believe it will, but if you want to save $50, I would recommend buying this card instead, which I think is even a little better then the All-In-Wonder.

RE: ATI Video Card questions by brian on 10-22-2005 at 02:04 AM

Hell yeah!  It'll run it perfectly!

RE: ATI Video Card questions by Birdo on 10-22-2005 at 03:04 PM

yes i would have to agree with caboose   the graphics card he recommened it much more designed for games, like the ones you want to play.  the x series of card were basically built for gaming

RE: ATI Video Card questions by mad_onion on 10-22-2005 at 04:47 PM

yeah that will be more than enough. i wouldnt pay anymore for a card especially one built using old technology like that one.

RE: RE: ATI Video Card questions by D:Frag on 10-22-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
I believe it will, but if you want to save $50, I would recommend buying this card instead, which I think is even a little better then the All-In-Wonder.

The second card is a bit faster, but not much difference. The All In Wonder also includes a top of the line TV/FM tuner with features not found in most (if any) other TV tuners. I talk from personal experience and I think the extra 50 bucks are really worth it, specially for recording TV shows and TiVO features :)

And yes, both cards would be able to run any game you throw at them nowadays (check out F.E.A.R. and Quake 4).
RE: ATI Video Card questions by DJeX on 10-23-2005 at 02:29 AM

I just bought the All In Wonder and I have to say it's an amazing card! Super fast, amazing graphics and all the features you want.

RE: ATI Video Card questions by D:Frag on 10-23-2005 at 02:56 AM

Be sure to check the cool channel surf option, you can see a grid of channels each one showing one channel and updating one by one. If you click on one of them it gives you a short preview to see what's happening.

Also if you add a second ATI TV tuner (Value Edition, HDTV Wonder or any other) you can have picture in picture capability, this is built in the software already.

This package doesn't include the remote in that package, but you can get it separately, it's a radio remote (no infrared) this means you can change channels without pointing to the receiver and you can move the mouse and control many other applications (like Winamp and Windows Media Player) from other room (ATI claims the range to be up to 60ft) :)

Darn, there's so many features I'd like to show you, but it's better to find out by yourself.

Later, Luis.