Shoutbox

dv camera - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: dv camera (/showthread.php?tid=52117)

dv camera by kertooma on 10-23-2005 at 02:39 PM

hi!
is it possible to use dv-camera as a web camera?

RE: dv camera by M73A on 10-23-2005 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kertooma
hi!

i have don ein the past

RE: dv camera by albert on 10-23-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kertooma
hi!

It really depends if your camera has the feature to do so, I personally have a few cameras ( too digital and a camcorder ).

Only my camcorder works as a webcam, because it has USB Streaming capabilities as it says.

I would suggest checking you're cam manual, usually if it does have this feature, it is going to be in the document.

Also, you might need some drivers, so check the manufacter's site as well.
RE: dv camera by gif83 on 10-23-2005 at 04:46 PM

yes you can.... i have usb streaming on my dv cam but it's rubbish so i use the dv port (firewire), that pretty much every dv camera has, directly into my computer... now you can use this directly sometimes, but on mine it zooms in on the pic by default... so i use trackercam software available from http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/download.htm and then set that software as my "webcam"

RE: dv camera by daved2424 on 11-17-2005 at 11:59 PM

The only problem with using tracker cam is that it takes up a lot of processing power, upto 60% on an Athlon 2800. Is there any other alternative?

RE: dv camera by gif83 on 11-18-2005 at 12:20 AM

otherwise i don't think there's a free one you can use... if you do find one please tell me.

i'm running a 1.6 GHz AMD processor and trackercam really doesn't use up that much at all... are you sure you've checked this out properly?