Shoutbox

[request] Remove custom emots for specific contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact (/showthread.php?tid=52118)

[request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Lou on 10-23-2005 at 02:40 PM

Is there anyway to block custom emoticons from one person...instead of all of my contacts, because I have a few contacts that have really annoying custom emoticons and I cant stand it!

[example: [Image: soup9de.jpg] is supposed to say Hey whats up?]

and I have a few contacts that talk like that all the time but I dont want to disable custom emoticons from all my contacts.

Can anyone make a plugin that can do this?

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Val on 10-23-2005 at 03:31 PM

hmmmm sounds like a great idea I get so anyoyed with people like that imagine the forums liek that it would be horrible you woundent understand anyones questions.....anyways off topic if i could code i would make it pronto oh well i need to learn how to code, great idea non-the-less

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Sypher on 10-23-2005 at 03:32 PM

That's pretty annoying: Yes....... I agree with you..

I'm afraid you can only disable ALL emoticons (Extra -> Show emoticons) for that contact... The only bad point is (or not) that no emoticons work, not from you and not from the other one.. And the setting isn't permanent ;)

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Val on 10-23-2005 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
That's pretty annoying: Yes....... I agree with you..

I'm afraid you can only disable ALL emoticons (Extra -> Show emoticons) for that contact... The only bad point is (or not) that no emoticons work, not from you and not from the other one.. And the setting isn't permanent ;)
yes and that is why we need to create a plugin remeber what he said:
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Can anyone make a plugin that can do this?

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Jimcando on 10-23-2005 at 04:23 PM

I think MSN Messenger should force people to put something infront or behind (or both) of their custom emoticons.

For example, I always put all my emoticons in some sexy curvy brackets {} :P e.g. {dodgy} would make :dodgy:

This would stop people from sending those damn annoying emoticons all the time.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Lou on 10-23-2005 at 08:12 PM

so is anyone interested in making one of these?

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by giken on 10-24-2005 at 06:54 AM

I agree with you... some emoticons are abused and very annoying...

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by astralmedic on 08-24-2006 at 07:53 AM

Hmm, I don't know if this helps, but I have noticed you can sort of disable custom emoticons by turning them off, opening a chat window, then turning it back on again, the windows you open while they are disabled will have them disabled, while all new ones will have them enabled.  Could you have a script that enabled it while opening conversations to certain people only?

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by Spunky on 09-20-2006 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
I always put all my emoticons in some sexy curvy brackets {}  e.g. {dodgy} would make

I always use a * before mine (eg. *slap)

If you did manage to stop emoticons from showing though, it would just show the characters used to send them such as =p which is ok if they use conventional naming patterns for emoticons, but I know people that use things such as !43 for one that says "hi"... Not very smart... You'd have to find a way to overcome people that speak moron :p

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-13-2006 at 02:31 PM

I was just looking into this script. I cant find a way yet, unless you like, replace all e's with é. But dt thinks that lame... :P

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-13-2006 at 02:36 PM

i think i know a way.... like how the script markee and i wrote, Gradient v3.00, it uses a registry setting and if thats on it adds the colour to the message.... we could do that but when certain words/emoticons are sent it changes them???

i hope this helps

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 03:48 AM

You mean if the color tags intercept the custom emotions sorta thing?

The setting to enable/disable custom emoticons might be in the registary, and if you switch its state, depending who sent the message, that might work. Except I think you have to reload the window.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 04:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigbob85
You mean if the color tags intercept the custom emotions sorta thing?

The setting to enable/disable custom emoticons might be in the registary, and if you switch its state, depending who sent the message, that might work. Except I think you have to reload the window.
well he only wants a few emoticons not sent, not all of them not sent

but i think this would a little hard but do-able. im not going to do it because im not really into scripting atm for major things (making nana emotes, webpage, relaxing, spamming the spambox :d)

but i think my way would be best
RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 04:09 AM

Maby if you like, change the color, then changed it back to what it was. That might stop it from displaying custom emoticons. Ill go do some tests.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Maby if you like, change the color, then changed it back to what it was. That might stop it from displaying custom emoticons. Ill go do some tests.
the colour would have to chage in the emoticon so if its "?" it wont work. i would do it but meh
RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 04:18 AM

Maby the settings for it can be something like.
Email Address - Emoticon Text
Then on recieve message, if email is correct, and if that text exists, put some color codes in to stop it. Ill go look at Gradient v3.00 and see what color tags you's used.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 04:29 AM

you could add just

code:
[c=1][/c]
into the middle of the text so that it wouldnt work
RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 04:38 AM

I just realized, you cant add extra characters to a recieved message.
Could make it, so per email as before. But then make it replace hey, with a userdefined, 3 letter word. Such as héy. Might not be as annoying as custom emoticons.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 04:40 AM

um why not do it on send message?? you can add stuff there, thats how gradient does it

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 04:52 AM

You don't want it to stop your custom emotions, because if you did, you might as well not have any :P

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 04:56 AM

what i meant was your idea

quote:
Email Address - Emoticon Text
Then on recieve message, if email is correct, and if that text exists, put some color codes in to stop it

but on send message, and just put [c=1][/c] in the middle of the emoticon. that should work
RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 04:58 AM

But if your doing it on send message, your only stopping your own custom emoticons. I wanted to stop everyone elses.

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by NanaFreak on 10-14-2006 at 05:10 AM

ah i didnt read it right :P

ok well you could just replace that text using

code:
Message = Message.replace(/emote/gi, "emote");
im quite sure that would work
RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by bigbob85 on 10-14-2006 at 05:35 AM

Well, after we just tested this, we found its not possible.

We replaced the text toungen with aaaaaa. The message traced as aaaaaa, but still showed custom emoticon.

If only someone would make a chat thing, to chat in a plus window...

RE: [request] Remove custom emots for specific contact by CookieRevised on 10-14-2006 at 10:17 AM

To do this you need to work on protocol level. Any other method will fail or is just a dirty not fully workig workaround.