Shoutbox

Msg Discovery X2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msg Discovery X2 (/showthread.php?tid=52131)

Msg Discovery X2 by LDhon on 10-23-2005 at 07:37 PM

Hi, i need some help :),  when im loggin into msn, ill get this message

---------------------------
msgdiscoveryx
You are not currently signed into Messenger.

You must be signed in before you can use this feature.
OK   

I've tryed to do my firewall and that off, but it still wont "feel" me online :(
What shall i do?? :(

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by absorbation on 10-23-2005 at 07:39 PM

uninstall messenger discovery x :) and see what happens

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by LDhon on 10-23-2005 at 07:41 PM

Ok, ill uinstalled it,... btw, my friends has same msn verison and MsgPlus and x2, and them get it work? why dont mine work :(

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by absorbation on 10-23-2005 at 07:46 PM

certain options and other plugins maybe conflicting :)

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by LDhon on 10-23-2005 at 07:49 PM

Hm, no conflicting :(
Tryed to reinstall, but my norton or what the name is woulnt give it acces to internet :| "Norton internet security" :S
--
And i got a router, maybe need to open a port for it to work ^o)

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by albert on 10-23-2005 at 08:59 PM

Try this :

Shut Down Msn Messenger From your taskbar manager, run discovery, and rerun msn messenger.

My I also suggest a system restart?!

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by hexel on 10-23-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LDhon
Ok, ill uinstalled it
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
run discovery

Anyway, it may be on your blocked list:
  1. On the Personal Firewall -> Programs tab, select the program in the Manual Program Control window.
  2. Click Remove.
  3. Click OK to any warning messages.
  4. If there are other components of the program that appear in the list, remove them as well.
  5. Click OK to close the Program Control window.
But if you ask me, I wouldn't recommend you to install MDX 2 again.. It (still) has a lot of bugs.
RE: Msg Discovery X2 by LDhon on 10-24-2005 at 02:51 AM

It's not on my blocked list :|:|:| And my firewall sosent even not allow it to internet or maybe something...

Tryed to shutdown Messenger + Discovery, still getting the msg im still not Online 8-) But iam online 8o| :(

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by absorbation on 10-24-2005 at 10:01 AM

msgdiscovery uses a proxy to connect to msn messenger that could be the problem for you ;)

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by LDhon on 10-24-2005 at 12:16 PM

How do i open a proxy eh???? ^o)

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by absorbation on 10-24-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LDhon
How do i open a proxy eh???? ^o)

no it uses one meaning it uses a different internet connection which is one feature eveyone hates about the addon :)
RE: Msg Discovery X2 by cardshark on 10-25-2005 at 06:13 AM

I'm just curious if there is any sort of work around for that so it doesn't have to use the proxy or the proxy still goes through the standard connection.

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by ipab on 10-25-2005 at 06:34 AM

Okay, first of all, for all those people who are commenting and saying things like "I recommend you not install MD X2". perhaps you should analyze the problem this user is having before offering up suggestions like that. As one can see, the problem this person is having is not a connection issue with msn messenger itself, but rather a connection issue with MD (I'll spare the technical details). This problem is not going to be solved by restarting one's computer.

To LDhon, in the main messenger window go to tools--->Options----->Connection-------->Advanced Settings.

Under 'Socks' please make sure that the address is set to either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' and make sure that the port is set to '1863'. Then make sure that MessengerDiscovery is running in the processes and his the test button. If everything checks out ok then its just Msgdiscovery dropping the connection and I suggest that you hold on till the forums are up again and post about your bug on there. IF there is an error, then there is something wrong with either another program using the same port as msgdiscovery or a firewall program blocking access. Please check this and get back to us with your results.
btw routers shouldn't have a problem as long as you are able to access msn messenger, since one only needs open port 1863 for access to msn messenger server and that is the port that msgdiscovery connects on.

@Cardshark there is no work around to the proxy re-routing that msgdiscovery does, the entire engine is based on it, and thus would have to be re-written in order to do so. I suggest that if you don't like the way msgdiscovery handles connections, that to please use Stuffplug (although each program has its share of unique features you would be missing out on).

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by cardshark on 10-26-2005 at 12:24 AM

Ipab, I use StuffPlug already. I even used to use Messenger Discovery. However, since the change to MDX, I have had issues with it that I have been unable to resolve. I have posted these issues on the Messenger Discovery and MDX Beta forums several times with no viable solution presented. I have tried testing the "Socks" settings as you stated, but still am unable to get the program to detect me as being online. Everything connects properly, but the features that require an online status do not work (ie. contact list manager, event log, Messenger Discovery Today, etc). I would honestly like to be able to use the program for some of the features offered, but I am unable to do so because of the issues I have. I have seen that others have begun to have similar issues. Hopefully they will be able to resolve all of this.

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by ipab on 10-26-2005 at 01:11 AM

have you used the latest version of messenger discovery? (X2)

it's quite a lot more stable.

and yes there is a workaround for your problem currently being tested by a closed beta.

RE: Msg Discovery X2 by cardshark on 10-26-2005 at 06:07 AM

Yes, I had the issue with the latest version as well as the Beta. I let the creators and other testers know of my problem and no one there could come up with a solution that worked for me. If there is a stable version that won't have the same issue, I would gladly use it. Until then, it's just not really worth it for me since I can't use most of the features it gives.