Shoutbox

Major Recommendation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Major Recommendation (/showthread.php?tid=52193)

Major Recommendation by zoowart on 10-25-2005 at 03:02 AM

I am getting tired of some sounds that some people are sending me.  Is there anyway for me to individually choose to block some sounds?  If not, is there anyway I can gather some support from others to encourage such a feature to be released in a future version of Msg plus.

I am seriously tired of hearing some embarassing sounds and particularly loud sounds, and in general tired of hearing sounds from some people.  I would like to be able in the future if anything to choose to be able to block sounds from certain people and be able to block any sound in particular... and in blocking a specific sound not have to worry about activating it myself.

RE: Major Recommendation by Val on 10-25-2005 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zoowart
I am getting tired of some sounds that some people are sending me.  Is there anyway for me to individually choose to block some sounds?  If not, is there anyway I can gather some support from others to encourage such a feature to be released in a future version of Msg plus.

I am seriously tired of hearing some embarassing sounds and particularly loud sounds, and in general tired of hearing sounds from some people.  I would like to be able in the future if anything to choose to be able to block sounds from certain people and be able to block any sound in particular... and in blocking a specific sound not have to worry about activating it myself.

hmm thats sounds cool but if the perosn was anyoing yu with sounds you can just block them or tell them to stop or you can disable all sounds, but theres no way for induvidual sounds it's a great idea anyways

Edit: Move to sugestions
RE: Major Recommendation by Patchou on 10-25-2005 at 04:45 AM

Can't you just disable auto-play? that way, you'll hear only the sounds when you want from who you want.

RE: Major Recommendation by Sunshine on 10-25-2005 at 11:07 AM

Turning off auto-play:
In main MSNM screen: Plus > Preferences > General options > Sounds (tab)
under Custom Emotion Sounds uncheck "automaticly play custom sounds when ready".