Shoutbox

Plus not installing? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus not installing? (/showthread.php?tid=52198)

Plus not installing? by nicky15 on 10-25-2005 at 05:26 AM

I came home to see my Messenger updated to 7.5; and my plus not working. I google it and find the latest update which installs normally but when messenger restarts there is no plus menu at the top, nothing.

Whats going on*-)

RE: Plus not installing? by Sunshine on 10-25-2005 at 10:59 AM

Do you have any programs running that prevent writing in the registry (like AdWatch, part of AdAware)? Id so, turn that off and reinstall Plus! once more.

Is C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3 still there? If so you can restart MsgPlus! through taskmanager (ctrl alt del - 1x - file > new task..browse to Msgplus.exe). After you've done that i suggest you set the hookingmethod of Plus! to Alternate mode (click link for info on how to set it properly). Incase there is any program interfering with Plus! this is the prefered hooking method.

RE: Plus not installing? by nicky15 on 10-25-2005 at 03:55 PM

No Adwatch or AdAware that I know of. and the Messenger 3 folder is always installed, in my program files; but i can`t open up plus. The tab won`t be in MSNM at all and it will basically be running in my tasks. I`ve tried many solutions that usually work but nothing seems to be this time.

RE: Plus not installing? by Sunshine on 10-25-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nicky15
No Adwatch or AdAware that I know of. and the Messenger 3 folder is always installed, in my program files; but i can`t open up plus.
Try what i posted above, the hooking method ;)
RE: Plus not installing? by nicky15 on 10-26-2005 at 04:35 AM

Tried it; still not working. =\

What I meant by not working btw is that Plus won`t even open. It will be in my tasks and will be running, but it wont show up. So I can`t even get to it.

RE: Plus not installing? by neophil78 on 11-19-2005 at 04:12 PM

Same trouble for me ("the "Plus" button has disapeared) + unable to connect to http://www.msgplus.net/ (my hosts file is OK, and nothing is blocking to write in registry ... )

:S